Denial Used to Feel So Good

Makes The Sex Disorienting

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?"

"It'll be fun."

"Yes, I'm sure. I work tomorrow anyway. No time for partying."

"Kyle! You gotta have some fun!"

"I perform! That's fun."

"Come play with us! Just tonight!"

"I can't guys, seriously."

"Do something spontaneous with us!"

"I'll buy a drink here before I go home how's that?"

In that six second argument, I managed to persuade my friends that I couldn't go out tonight. I had already been exasperated when I found out we had a gig and I just couldn't take anymore excitement. And now I was pushing my way through the drunken patrons of the bar, for my obligatory drink that I promised Kale I would have.

Some night.

Finally managing to assert myself to the bar, I plopped down on a stool next to a group of guys, but put a seat in-between us.

"Hey Kyle." The bartender, a man I'd known for the better part of two years, greeted me, leaning over the counter, "Nice show."

"Thanks." I blushed, lowering my gaze to the counter.

"What can I get you?"

"Uh...Coke...just a Coke." It is a drink. Kale didn't have to know exactly what kind of drink. I spun around on my stool and looked up at the stage I had been on not ten minutes ago. It looked so different from the floor.

"Are you sure you want just Coke?" The bartender frowned. Even he knew that I usually had at least one drink on show nights.

"Yeah, I have to work tomorrow." I shrugged. He nodded sympathetically and grabbed a cup.

"Uh, excuse me?"

I lifted my head to see a guy, vaguely familiar, in front of me with his hands in his pockets and a look in his eyes than made me groan. I turned around to the bartender.

"On second thought, put some rum in that please." As I spun back around to prepare myself, I caught sight of the group of guys beside me, all staring intently my way. I ignored them.

"Yes?" I raised an eyebrow at the person standing in front of me.

"Uh, well, I was wondering if I could maybe buy you a drink?"

On cue, my bartender friend, who should really get a nice tip, slipped a drink in my hand with a wink, trying to contain his laughter.

"Thanks, but I'm all set." I held up my glass for him to see.

"Aw, I couldn't get you a beer or anything? A shot?"

"Really, I'm good." As if to prove my point I took a swig of my Coke, which I was disappointed to find was sans rum, "And I don't drink alcohol." Liar, liar.

"You don't?" He asked skeptically, probably recalling four seconds ago when I ordered rum in my Coke.

"No," I decided to test my luck, "and neither does my boyfriend. We try to refrain, makes the sex less disorienting." I heard snickers from my friends off to the side and I smirked.

"Your boyfriend?" He cocked an eyebrow, obviously not biting.

"Yes."

"Why isn't he here with you?" This was apparently his way of politely calling my lie. So I used the age old excuse that rarely works.

"Oh he is. He's in the bathroom."

The guy nodded, "The bathroom. Of course."

"You don't believe me?" I asked.

"Uh...no, not really." He admitted, "Because A-you ordered a rum and Coke and B-'my boyfriend is in the bathroom' is pretty much what every woman says when she doesn't want to admit she's alone."

I nodded, contemplatively, "This is true, normally we do use that as a defense from creepers like you, but I'm not BS-ing. He really is in the bathroom. Wait and see." I knew instantly after I said that that I shouldn't have invited him to stay, because he would. And then he would realize that I was bluffing and that I don't have a boyfriend and he isn't here and then he would...well I don't really know when he would do.

"Don't mind if I do." He said with a smirk leaning against the bar counter. I rolled my eyes, arrogant asshole.

Taking a large drink of my soda, that I really wish had alcohol in it, I tried to think my way out of this situation. Colin, Tony and Kale couldn't have gotten too far. I could text them and tell them to get back here and kick the shit out of this guy. Does he really think he is going to pick me up now? I rolled my eyes and sent bad vibes over to my new friend.

"So, what did you say your boyfriends name was again?" He asked giving me a mocking smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I already have one subscriber. I just died a little bit. Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment.