Denial Used to Feel So Good

He Speaks!

Slightly sleep-hung over, as I like to say, I found myself at work the next day, practically falling asleep on today's newest hit singles.

"Long night?" Joe asked as he walked passed the cash register. Not expecting any other humans but myself I shot up at the sound of another voice and let out a yelp.

"Holy- yes..." Upon seeing it was just him I let my head fall back onto the CD cases that were lying on the counter. And it had been a long night. A long sleepless night. I just could not believe that I had run into four famous rockstars (that happen to be a part of all my favorite bands) in the club last night. And I couldn't believe that they had heard the band and liked it. Pete wanted to meet the rest of the guys. Hear us again.The whole thing was just too crazy to believe.

And at first, when I told the guys, they hadn't believed me. Kale even accused me of having one too many drinks. But after re-enacting the whole scene for them (leaving out the part about how the kid hitting on me was the kid from the other night, since that was already a sore subject) they were amazed.

And that in turn caused this morning of death. Unable to sleep last night, I now slept at my paid post. Not a good idea.

"Kyle," Joe sighed, "Why don't you go in back and have a nap or something."

"No, no that's alright. I'm not getting paid to nap. I'm fine." I tried to assure him, even picking up a CD and marking it to try and show him how fine I was.

"Listen," He said, leaning on the counter, "I don't want you collapsing on the job. Makes me look bad. I'm ordering you to take a nap. I may be old, but not old enough that I don't know how to use a cash register."

I sighed, opening my mouth to argue, but realized that would be useless. He was right; I needed to get a little rest, "Okay." I agreed, coming out from behind the counter and sauntering into the back room.

"Goodnight!" He called with a laugh, taking my place at the register.

I didn't even have time to get comfortable on the couch; once I laid down I was out cold. I was right in the middle of a very pleasant dream about palm trees and sandy beaches when there was an earthquake. Or Joe kicking the couch.

"Kyle!" I heard my name being called over the sound of the waves and I slowly pried my eyes open.

"Yes?" I croaked, sighing into my pillow and closing my eyes again.

"There are a couple boys here to see you. They look like hooligans." Joe announced, "I'll be in my office."

Inhaling a deep breath, I forced myself awake and made my way to the store. I smoothed my hair down and adjusted my shirt, preparing to yell and Colin, Tony or Kale, whichever had come to visit me and disturb my nap. But when I started approaching the cash register I didn't see Colin, Tony or Kale. Instead I saw Brendon Urie and Gabe Saporta.

"Why hello." I smiled as I walked up to them, shoving my hands in the pockets of my skinny jeans, "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Brendon smiled his gorgeous smile before shrugging, "Thought we'd come down and see where the angel with a voice like heaven works. Plus, we had nothing to do."

I looked down as I felt my face get hot, "Well don't I feel special..."

"You should."

I looked up and over Brendon's shoulder at Gabe, "He speaks!"

"Yeah, I wasn't so sure you could handle me before." He smirked. I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes. The only thing he says to me, and he has to say that. What an asshole. I was disappointed to find out the lead singer of one of the bands that influenced me the most, was a cocky jerk, who seemed full of himself.

"Right." I said, turning my gaze to Brendon, who seemed like a sweetheart, "Well I'm glad you visited." I purposely directed the 'you' to Brendon, "It may not seem like much," I gestured to the store, "but I love it."

"Yeah, no it's great." Brendon agreed, "It's got a good vibe."

I laughed, "That it does. Do you want the grand tour?" He nodded and I began to lead him around as Gabe trailed behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! I'm excited about my subscribers, but I would really really love some feedback. How do you think the story's going?