Denial Used to Feel So Good

I'll Be Damned

There was absolute silence between Gabe and I for a split second.

"That fucker." He hissed, spinning on his heels and starting to storm away, "I'll kill him."

"Gabe!' I squeaked, instantly taking off after him, "Gabe! Whoa, hold on!" I managed to get in his way; forcing him to stop, "Gabe, now...I know you're upset and you have every right to be! I'm not too pleased myself," I added as a side note, "But listen-"

He rolled his eyes, huffing out an impatient sigh, "Kyle-"

"Listen," I said more forcefully, frowning at him for rolling his eyes at me, "It was stupid of him, but he really was doing it for a good cause."

"No he wasn't, Kyle!" Gabe shouted. The unexpected harshness in his voice made me jump, "It only seemed that way because of the situation! He really did it because he's a backstabbing, narcissistic, dipshit whose trying to steal my girlfriend!"

"Gabe." I said sternly, grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling him down to eye level, "For the eighteenth time: listen. I honestly don't think there was any underhanded ploy. For real. It was disgusting, but he was actually trying to help me." I sighed, releasing Gabe's shirt, "Besides he isn't trying to 'steal me' because he doesn't know we're together." I cocked an eyebrow at him, feeling good that I had potentially saved William's life.

"...I'm still going to kill him." He brushed passed me, and I reluctantly followed, "I already punched him once. I told him if he ever did something like that again, I would kill him..."

"What?" I stopped dead in my tracks, "What did you say?" Gabe stopped as well when he realized I wasn't following him anymore and walked back to me.

"What?" He frowned, "What's wrong?"

"You did that to William?" I gaped at him, "You punched him?" Gabe's anger seemed to fade and he suddenly seemed frightened.

"Kyle, don't be mad!" He said frantically, "Please! I-I only did it because-because-" He winced, "I was so angry...When you told me....told me that he was telling everyone you slept together...I couldn't-I wasn't- I'm sorry! I wasn't thinking! I was just so fucking mad at him-"

I crashed my lips onto his, latching my arms around his neck and standing on my tip-toes so I could kiss him with as much force as possible. He helped me, wrapping his arms around my waist and leaning down to deepen the kiss.

"You're amazing." I breathed when we broke away, "You punched him." I smiled at the thought. Gabe shrugged, and I could tell, even in the dark, that he was blushing.

"It was nothing." He smiled and grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers as we started walking back towards the venue.

"Thank you for that...I mean, I didn't want you upset...but I'm not going to lie. I'm glad you punched him." I laughed.

"I could do it again." He suggested happily.

"Once is enough for now." I rolled my eyes. We walked in silence for a moment. Gabe was taking in the town and I was keeping my eyes on the ground, only looking up every once in a while to make sure I knew where we were going.

"I'm glad we're leaving tonight." I said, starting up conversation again.

"I know you are." He gave my hand a gentle squeeze, "But there's only a week of tour left."

"Trying my best not to think about it..." I mumbled.

"Well, we don't have to worry." Gabe shrugged, "We already decided that you were coming home with me, so. We don't have to think about it."

"...Yeah."

"Hey," Gabe said, nudging me with his elbow, "Why don't you spend the night on our bus? You can sleep in the big ass bed in the back, then I'll sneak back there."

"What makes you think I want you back there?" I inquired playfully.

"God, Gabe," I exclaimed loudly when Gabe and I reached the tour buses, "Why do you have to be creeping up on me in the dark!" I rolled my eyes in fake annoyance as I saw our large group all standing around outside.

"Hey!" Gabe said, "I came out to look for you! To tell you we were going to leave! You're such a bitch."

I looked over my shoulder and scowled at him and he grinned in response, "I knew perfectly well we were going to leave and I didn't need you."

"Will you guys give it a rest?" Mike groaned when we joined everyone else.

I sighed, "Maybe if Gabe wasn't such an-"

"Kyle..." Tony warned, a smirk in his eye as he watched me and Gabe's act.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, "Vicky do you mind if I cop a bunk tonight? I don't think I can take another night in that van. My neck is officially dead."

"Of course." She smiled slyly.

"Yeah, you don't have to ask Kyle." Ryland added, "You're pretty much an honorary Cobra."

"Well don't I feel special." I batted my eyelashes, "So, are we leaving?"

"Most definitely." The Butcher nodded. Everyone dispersed to their own bus and/or van and I headed towards the Cobra Starship bus, right behind Gabe.

"Kyle, can I talk to you for a second?" I felt a hug on my sleeve and turned to William.

"Oh," I bit my lip skeptically, stealing a glance at the bus where Gabe had stopped on the stairs. He was intently watching Bill and I, "Yeah." I nodded, putting my attention back to William.

"You're not mad at me are you?" He asked quietly, staring at the pavement.

"What? No! Why would you think that?" I said quickly.

He shrugged, "You kind of ran out of the signing after we got back...I was thinking that maybe I upset you..."

"No! Not you," I sighed, feeling a sudden swell of affection for Bill. For some reason, I didn't want him to feel bad, "It's just...Logan and I...have a pretty...bad history...and I just wasn't expecting to run into him." I explained, "It wasn't anything you did. I was...just...shocked. That's all." He let out a lengthy sigh of relief.

"Good. I was worried you were even more upset with me and I really don't want that." He smiled down at me.

"Uh, William?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think," I started, "you could...not tell anybody we ran into Logan? I can't imagine what Colin would do if he found it."

"No problem." He agreed. I smiled and bid him goodnight before loading onto Cobras bus.

"So! Kyle," Vicky grinned once I stepped onto the bus. It seemed everyone else was already in their bunks. I didn't blame them, I was tired as hell.

"So! Vicky," I mimicked her tone, earning an eye roll.

"You can sleep in the back."

"Thanks," I smiled, "I really appreciate-"
"Wait a second!" Obviously on cue, Gabe stepped out, "It's my turn to sleep in the back! And I'll be damned if I let Kyle take that privilege away from me! I'm a tall guy and if I have to spend one more night crammed into that tiny little bunk space then I'm going to-"

"Oh shut up Gabe," I scoffed, "I don't even care. I'm so tired right now that I don't care if we share it. Just keep your filthy hands off. Got it?" I cocked an eyebrow at him, pushing passed without waiting for his answer.

"Dude, is she serious?" I heard Suarez mumbled to Nate as I passed by their sleeping quarters, "She's really going to let him sleep with her?"

"Yes, Suarez," I answered his question, "because I'm delirious and I know that I'll regret the decision in the morning, but right now all I can think about is sleeping. So goodnight everyone." I slipped in the back section of the bus and collapsed on the bed.

Before slipping under the covers I grabbed a pair of pajama pants that were sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm wearing whosever pants these are!" I called.

"Okay..." Nate mumbled back. I quickly changed and slid under the covers, reveling in the fact that I was sleeping in an actual bed. Gabe joined me a moment later, closing the door between the back room we were in and the bunks.

"This brings back memories doesn't it?" He smirked looking around the small space.

"Don't expect to be reliving any of those memories any time soon." I murmured against my pillow.

"Why not?" Even though my eyes were closed I could see the defeated pout on his face.

"I do believe you called me a bitch four minutes ago." I muttered, way too tired to take it seriously.

"I was only putting on a convincing act, darling. You know I didn't mean it. " He slipped under the covers with me and wrapped his arms around my middle, pulling me into his chest.

"I know." I yawned, "I'm only kidding." I felt Gabe's lips on my neck and I sighed contently, snuggling under the covers. Before I fell asleep, I yelled just loud enough for the rest of the bus to hear, "Saporta! Get your hands off me!" And then cuddled into his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Question: Would you guys feel comfortable reading my stories if I was insane?

And I'm sorry this is late.