Status: Completed!

No One Ever Realized That They're Already Dead

Sorrow Swallows My Screams... 01

[[March 22, 2008]] \Saturday\

♠ Ivory's POV ♠


“Do you think we should head in?” I hear my younger sister ask beside me.

Turning to my older brother, Damien, I wait for his answer. He looks up at the sky then back out to the endless ocean in front of us and lastly the beach behind. Sighing he nods. Settling down onto our broads with turn and paddle in. We've been out there for hours. Not our fault really. You can lose yourself in the surf, and the peace of it all.

When we make it back to land we all place our surf broads down right and unzip our wetsuits. Moving my arms out of the suit, I side it down till it rest on my hips; my siblings doing the same. Damien grabs the one backpack we brought and then picks his broad back up. Following suit, Ellamae and I also pick up ours. Moving to the outside public beach showers we rinse ourselves off lightly and then our broads. Holding my broad under my right arm I look towards my siblings who seem just as ready.

“We better get home,” Damien says taking over like always and starts walking towards home. “Moms at a concert tonight. Left over pizza?”

“Yeah!” Ellamae grins.

“Yum,” I laugh in all seriousness. “Cold pizza.”

“Come on brats,” Damien jokes.

“Hey!” both my younger sister and I cry out in offense.

“What?” he asks in fake confusion.

“Don't be mean D,” Ellamae whines in her 8-year-old fashion.

Laughing I rub my hand quickly over her wet head, “Don't whine sis. We'll get him back.”

Rolling his eyes in his I'm-so-cool-cause-I'm-older fashion, Damien replies with, “Quiet you two. We're here.”

Yeah it was fast. We live like right on the beach. Pulling our house keys from the brown backpack he unlocks the door. Nothing fancy. Kinda plain. But… its home and its more than some people have.

Nothing much happens that night for us. We eat our pizza, goof around a little, watch TV, take showers or baths, and then get ready for bed so we can wake up and surf.

Yeah… nothing happened that night. How I wish that was true.

[[March 23, 2008]] \Sunday\

♠ Officer Brown's POV ♠


It was a little before seven in the morning and my partner John and I were about to do one of the hardest things of our lives. Sighing with shake of my head I knock on the locked door. Knowing it was early we waited till I knocked again.

“Who is it?” I hear a young male voice.

“Officer Brown and Officer Owen. May we come in?”

The kid doesn't hesitant to answer, “No. I can't let strangers in. Kidnappers say their police to get into houses a lot.” He pauses. “My mom's in the shower right now so she can't help you either.”

Looking at my partner we share a look. A good look. This kid was smart and doing everything he was suppose to do when an adult wasn't home.

“Look,” John starts, “That is true about the kidnappers but son this is really important. It's about your mother.”

He doesn't answer but we hear footsteps leave away from the door. I share yet another look with my partner.

“Ok,” we hear the now back. “I'll let you in but my sister has the phone and is ready to call the real police if you're not them.”

Before we could answer back we hear two clicks and the chain lock being moved. As the door opens I see the oldest child; 10-year-old Damien Gold. Looking into the living room which was visible by the door I see the middle child; 9-year-old Ivory Gold. I wonder about the youngest but as I look down the hall I see the 8-year-old Ellamae Gold peaking around the corner. When she sees I've seen her she quickly moves her head back out of sight.

“Come in,” the boy, Damien says politely gesturing into his home. “You said something about our mother?”

“Mommy?” a small voice asks.

I look back towards the hallway to see Ellamae walking towards us with a stuffed Tiger. Before she can come to close Damien walks over to her, grabs her hand, then leads her to Ivory who still held the phone ready.

“Please,” Damien says like the polite host, “take a seat.”

Not wanting to make them too uneasy John and I take a seat in two chairs. The children take seat on the couch.

“What happened to our mom?” Ivory finally speaks.

Taking a deep silent breath I brake the news, “I'm sorry to ever have to say this but your mother was in an accident last night with another car. She… didn't make it.”

The crying comes right away to the two little girls. Damien's face is pale and a tear falls but he quickly wipes it away to go comfort his younger sisters. He's so much older than his age suggest. The man of house, I guess he just seemed to have to be older for his sisters.

When Ivory and Ellamae finally just cried their selves to sleep, Damien gently unwrapped his arms from around them. Standing up he took a deep breath and looks at us. Motioning with his head to follow him we do. Going back out the front door and closing it.

No ones says anything for a moment but Damien brakes it, “So what's gonna happen? With my sisters and me?” His voice becomes slightly panic, “We don't have money or any of our fathers. I won't let you spilt us up.”

“Calm down Damien,” I say gently. “I don't want to split you and your sisters up. But we're having someone to come stay with you three while people try to find family to take you.”

Damien takes his eyes off us and looks out at the beach. His face filled with pain and worry. At that moment the world seems so cruel. The sky is a clear blue, birds chirping, and the waves are crashing but three young kids are filled with so much pain that it could end the world.

Just then a blue car pulls up and a woman steps out. Child Services. She walks up to us smiling at John and I then turning to Damien.

With a soft smile, “Damien, I'm Mrs. Harold. I'm going to be watching you and your sisters. Is there anything you need?”

He wasn't even looking at her. He continued to look at the ocean.

But with a sigh he turns his head towards us, “I wanna go surfing.”

\ ♠ ♠ [[Fast Forward]] ♠ ♠ \

♠ Damien's POV ♠


Surfing. My mother just died and I'm surfing. But… I need to be out there. I need the peace and coldness of the water to calm me. I need the solitude of it all to cry in peace. I won't cry in front of my little sisters. They need me so much right now.

'I love you Honey.'

Shaking my head of my moms voice, more tears fall. Why? Why did she have to go to that concert? Why did she put her pleasure before my sisters and me?

WHY?!

Panting to get air into my lungs I think. My sisters: how can I help them? What will happen to them? Will they find their fathers? Will they take them away from me? Shy little Ellamae: will she cry herself to sleep every night? Will her father, if found, beat or hurt her? What about her nightmares? Tough little Ivory: will she block everything out? Forever blame mom in anger? Will she ever talk to her father, if found?

I already know I have no problems with my father. Asshole who doesn't want me but keeps his other 2 children. Pays great child support though. How do you think we got a apartment on the beach? Hush hush money.

So what if all my mothers had all children with different fathers? She was all we needed. She may not have been there everyday or drank a little too much or had an obsession with sleeping with famous people but… she had her moments.

[[Flashback]]

“Come on D!” my mother cheered while clapping. “Keep peddling! You got it! You got it!”

“Look mommy! Look!” I call to her even though I know she's looking. “I'm doin it!”

But then I fall. Landed with a thud onto the grass I hear my mother rushing towards me and my sister Ivory giggling on the front porch with baby Ellamae.

“Are you ok honey?” my mother ask in a hurry turning my arms and face that way and that way over and over.

Laughing I push her hand away, “I'm fine mommy. I got my helmet, elbow pads, and knee pads.”

Smiling she rubs a finger over my cheek, “Mommy just worries honey.” She stands up and I do too. “Wanna give it another try? Quitters never win and what are we honey?”

“Winners!” I grin.

“That's right,” she smiles with stunning ice blue eyes shinning.

Picking my bike up the right way, she holds it while I get on. With her helping me push off I peddle away. And don't fall again.

That… was the first time I ever rode a bike without my training wheels. And my mom was right by my side… cheering me on.

[[End Flashback]]


Smiling feebly at the memory I wipe away the fresh tears. Looking up at the sky and little bit at the sun I decided I've been out here long enough. My sisters may be awake and need me.

[[March 26, 2008]] \Thursday\

♠ Ivory's POV ♠


3 days. My mom's been dead for 3 days. I've stopped crying tears but my heart is leaking blood. Will this pain ever go away? Damien is trying so hard to cheer Ellamae and I up. Poor little Ellamae. All she does is hug her Tiger and cry into it. She's always been the more emotional one but she's the youngest and it's a great pain to lose our mom so I of course understand.

Nothings changed. We wake early; surf and skate, eat and sleep, read and listen to music. But no mom to smile at us and make her famous cookies. No mom to have tickle fights or pillow fights with. No mom to do… all the great things moms do. All the great things she did.

Just think. Here I stand at her grave as the old guy speaks when only 5 days ago we spent the whole day at the zoo.

[[Flashback]]

“I wanna see the hippos!” I jump up and down pulling on my moms hand.

“Nooo!” my little sister protest grabbing moms other hand, “the tigers are better! Lets go see them!”

Mom just laughed and looked at Damien, “Honey. You're the oldest. What should we see first?”

I quickly turn to my older brother with a pleading look, as does Ellamae.

He smiles up at mom and answers, “Penguins.”

I groan as Ellamae pouts.

“Well then, come on girls,” mom says and starts walking. “Fair is fair.”

“Yes mommy,” Ellamae response and I nod.

Suddenly mom turns in a fast circle but sense she was holding my hand and sisters hand we spun with her. We spun a total 6 times before stopping. Laughing and squealing, during and when it was over.

She always knew a way to cheer us up.

[[End Flashback]]


I gently wipe with my finger the lone tear that fell and continued to look at the grave. But then I felt another small hand slip into my equally small hand. Looking over to my right I see Ellamae looking at me sadly. Looking for me to say something… anything.

I smile to reassure her, “It's ok Ella. Everything's going to be ok. Me and Damien will make sure of it. I'm am sure mom is watching us making sure every things alright.”

She manages a weak smile. Happy that she older siblings will take care of her like always and mom is still looking after her. When she looks back at the grave, one hand holding mine and the other her stuffed tiger, I look to my left at Damien. Now I need that reassurance. He smiles showing his teeth and grabs my other hand. All he does his give it a squeeze and continue to hold it.

That was all I need. Him giving me strength and encouragement. If ever can't be there for Ellamae I know he will be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! I had this story already posted on here but had to delete them for reasons my own. Anyway! It's back and its been so long I don't remember how it did so let me know what you think if you don't mind :] THANKS!

ENJOY!