Status: Completed!

No One Ever Realized That They're Already Dead

Sorrow Swallows My Screams... 28

\ ♠ ♠ [[Fast Forward. 3 Hours]] ♠ ♠ \

♠ Damien’s POV ♠

We’ve spent hours collecting. Hours where death could have taken us at any moment. But we needed to do this. This was Ben’s idea and it was risky but smart. We needed to kill them before they killed us.

‘And they would,’I thought as we made our way through the jungle.

Ivory was proof that they would. I’ve never felt so much outrage. My little sister is lying asleep due to blood loss and pain. I’m out for blood, so is AJ and Ben. We want the revenge for our girls. They capture Ellamae and tied her up, they shot at her and Ivory, and now they actually shot Ivory.

Yes, we want revenge.

What’s plan E?

Snakes, lots of snakes all in the medical backpack that Ivory found on the boat. Ben rigged it so we can tie it upside down and then opening had a vine that all we needed to do was pull, then the snakes would fall, hopefully getting at least one of the bad guys.

We got 6 poisonous ones, and 8 nonpoisonous (just because).

Yes, we want revenge for our girls.

\ ♠ ♠ [[Fast Forward. 2 Hours]] ♠ ♠ \

♠ Ben’s POV ♠

It was decided I’d pull the vine when the time came. It one of those bastards died, I didn’t want 10-year-olds to live with that. They still had a part in it and when the anger and danger die down, they’d still feel guilt. I too will, but I had to keep them safe. It was my turn. They took care of me for many days. I’m not about to sit back and let these bastards hurt my family.

We’ve been waiting a long time, we were sure they were heading this way. And off in the distance, I can hear them and the noise they make. Hopefully they’re edging their way in our direction.

♠ Ava’s POV ♠

We’re walking when those little shits struck again. Snakes. Lots of hissing snakes that fell from the sky. Markus tripped over a vine and they fell. They fell on Markus, Willy, and I.

“Fucking punks!” I scream out kicking a snake away with my heavy boots.

“Ava,” Tom, the leader, snapped.

“What?” I shouted spinning to look at him.

Then I saw, Markus was clutching his shoulder.

“Poisonous,” Jay muttered throwing Markus’s good arm around his shoulders.

“Don’t worry,” Markus said in a tight voice. “I have the antidote for the snake. I have an hour.”

Lucky man. There were 6 poisonous snakes on the island and Markus only had an antidote for 4. So with a growl Tom commanded us all back to the boat. Markus was the key member in this trip.

\ ♠ ♠ [[Fast Forward]] ♠ ♠ \

♠ Ellamae’s POV ♠

Ivory was resting against the rock mountain eating some berries, when the guys returned. They weren’t grinning but they were smiling.

“So?” I asked jumping up.

Damien hugged me. “The skinny one got bit but they had an antidote. They’re heading back to the boat.”

“We have to move,” Ivory comments weakly getting to her feet.

Ben rushes over and his hands hover, waiting for her to fall just incase.

Ivory continued. “They’ve been pretty much every where but here. Hopefully they’re search the cave and die there.”

Harsh words but even I understood. We were in a lot of danger. I did have hope that they wouldn’t really kill us, but Ivory’s arm showed they would. It scared me greatly. I wanted daddy but I had to stay strong. I didn’t need my family thinking me to be the weak link.

\ ♠ ♠ [[Fast Forward. Late That Night]] ♠ ♠ \

[[November 7, 2008]] \Friday\

♠ [ Day 13 ] ♠

♠ Ivory’s POV ♠

Raining. Again.

Must be the beginning of the raining season.

My family slept. Me? I made my way further down the cave. Further than any of had went. I had a small torch. I had no clue why I’ve decided to go this far. Something, I dunno, just called.

But then… I fell. I screamed and it wasn’t like I fell into a hole, it’s like I fell down a long hill. As I hit the ground I groaned, my arm throbbing and bleeding open again.

“Ivory!” four voices called.

“Careful!” I called back then coughed. “There’s a rocky hill!”

“Are you hurt?” Ben called from above.

I sat up, darkness all around me. “My arms bleeding again.”

“Ok, stay calm,” Damien called. “We’re gonna get some more torches. Just stay still.”

“Ok!” I yelled back.

God this was spooky. Pitch black. A felt a snake slither across my right hand and gasped.

“What is it?” Ellamae called down.

“Snake,” I said. “No worries.”

Moments later the guys returned. I looked up the hill and was able to see them because the fires they held.

“Ivory,” Ben started. “We’re gonna slide down to you ok?”

“All of you?” I question.

I could hear them talking lowly to themselves but couldn’t make out the words.

Finally AJ answered, “Yeah! All of us. Stay there.”

“Ok.”

Moments later they were sliding down one by one. Damien had the backpack we used for the snakes. I’m guessing he brought the med kit and the food. Ben looked over my wound and decided that it was fine. No dirt or anything got in, the binding remained firm. But my fall did stretch it out and make it start bleeding again.

After that the guys were all arguing about if we should continue where the cave led or try and make it up the hill again. I looked at Ellamae and she rolled her eyes. She nodded her head towards the back, not the hill. I nodded.

“Guys,” I interrupted. “We continue on.”

The three just looked at me a moment before nodded, Ben helped me up and then led the way. We walked: Ben, AJ, Ellamae, me, and then Damien. All the guys at the fires and used it to relight mine as well.

So there we were, going into the unknown. I can’t lie that although I was scared there was a great thrill in it.

But little did we all know that the bad guys had decided to search for whatever they were looking for, even with the rain. Little did we know, that my scream echoed very loudly and reached all their ears.

\\ ♠ ♠ Elsewhere ♠ ♠ \\

“Got ‘em.” Tom grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
HUGE THANKS TO: secrets-that-die and RainBow BalLooN, thanks sooo much for all the comments!! You guys are the best. And thanks to my new commenter: Caty Crisis! :)

ENJOY till the next chapter tomorrow :)