Status: Completed!

No One Ever Realized That They're Already Dead

Sorrow Swallows My Screams... 30

As I lay back with a heavily filled chest supporting me up, I smiled at my family as they laughed and talked about what they were going to do with their share.

Are we stupid?

I knew the answer when I heard, “Well look at that! The brats found our treasure!”

Yep. Nobody but idiots would forget the gun carrying blood-lusting people they were running from.

Only one good thing: they were at least two stories up from the place we fell. However, they all had guns out and pointing to us.

“Hands up!” one called.

My family did but I was just too tired.

“Hey girly!” the strong bald one called out. “Hands up!”

“She’s hurt!” Ben called out. “She’s lost too much blood… You shot her.”

The leader’s chuckle echoed in the cave.

“Should be more careful,” the woman smirked.

Damien tensed beside me and I made a low and calm, “Shhh…” sound to calm him.

We can only watch as two of the five bad guys jump in and start making their way to us. The other 3 stayed above with their guns towards us. My uninjured right arm gripped the cutlass in rage. I couldn’t let them hurt my family.

After the black man and the bald man were on the island and had us lined in a row on our knees, the other three soon jumped into the water.

I wanted to do something, anything to save my family but I was just so tired… so weak.

♠ Damien's POV ♠

On both sides of me was one of my sisters. Ellamae was putting on a strong front but was sucking in her lower lip, her sign of nervousness. Ivory thankfully didn’t have to put her hands up and on her head like us. She looked to be nodding off, and since her injured left arm was facing me I noticed a trail of blood going down it still.

Shit.

I needed to get her out of here. But they had guns… and I had nothing.

♠ Ben's POV ♠

Even though I had been healing and getting my strength back, that trek through the cave and carrying Ivory and stuff had worn me out.

But I have to stay strong. For the kids, for my family.

At the moment all I could do is watch as the bastards go though the chests of gold and jewels while laughing and smiling, those bastards. Couldn’t they see that Ivory was about to tip forward in weakness? Like they care. They were the ones to shoot her knowing that she was only a kid.

Then Ellamae spoke up, “What are you going to do with us?”

Sweet little Ella.

All five of those bastards turned and looked at us.

The leaderstepped forward with a smirk, “What do you think sweetheart?”

Ellamae started to sob a little and AJ put his arms around her, they allowed that.

“Please,” I spoke. “Just let them go. They’re only kids.”

The black one scoffed. “I know it wasn’t you going through the forest setting those traps.”

I looked at him confused. How the hell could he know that?

He smirked and trapped his temple with his finger, “I know all and see all.”

“Didn’t see those rocks,” Ivory chuckled lowly meaning the trap where we made a very large rock fall and hit him in the head.

‘Damn it Ivory,’I think. ‘Shut up.’

The black man glared and her and marched over. He lifted her by her injured arm, making her cry out loudly in pain and some tears to drop. I had to clench my fist and grind my teeth to keep from jumping up to help.

“Come on Tom,” the black man said smirking. “Let me do it.”

The leader, my guess Tom, shrugged. “Knock yourself out.”

Next thing I know the man is throwing Ivory far into the cold water as if she were a rag doll.

“Ivory!” Ellamae.

“Nooo!” Damien and AJ screamed.

My mouth had opened to scream but I was so shocked and overwhelmed nothing came out. The bastards kept us from jumping in to get her. She was too weak. She… she…

We waited and waited. She didn’t come up.

“You bastards!” I cry out trying to push myself up but the bald one pushed his knee harder into my back, keeping me chest down in the ground.

The others were crying by now and I felt some tears swim in my eyes. I failed. She took care of us all. She was our leader. The brave and fearless Ivory. She nursed me back to health and what do I do in return?

I watched her die.

\\ ♠ ♠ Elsewhere ♠ ♠ \\

“Jimmy, honey,” the woman spoke gently.

“Yeah babe?” he asked softly and gently reached out, drawing his wife into his arms and on his lap, more for his own need for comfort than hers.

Jimmy placed a gently kiss to her temple and then breathed out heavily. Will the pain ever go away?

“Honey,” Leana spoke again. “I’m not sure how to tell you this.”

He started to gently caress her thigh with his hand, “What?”

“I’m pregnant,” she said softly.

‘Pregnant? Oh God no. Please God, no! Don’t give me another child. I’m cursed! All my children die, please God… no, no, no. I can’t loose another one!’

He wasn’t aware of it but he was sobbing and Leana was cradling his head in her arms as they rocked back and forth.

\\ ♠ ♠ Back To Ben ♠ ♠ \\

“Please,” I spoke again, my voice trembling. “Just let them go. Please, please.”

They ignored me.

Instead, the woman of the group asked, “How the hell did you guys get here anywhere?”

“October 25th,” I started to answer but was cut short.

“Wait!” the skinny one gasped. “You’re that group. The ones lost at sea.”

The leader, Tom, suddenly started laughing and then announced in a loud voice, “Perfect! They already think you’re dead! There’s no way we’ll get caught!”

“No!” Ellamae suddenly shouted, moving from her brother’s arms. “My daddy wouldn’t give up! He’ll find me!”

The woman moved forward and went down on her hunches. “Look here girly, daddy hasgiven up. You all had such lovely funerals. Your story broadcasted on a lot of networks.”

Ellamae starts crying again and Damien brings her back into his arms, glaring at the woman.

“Jay,” the leader speaks looking at the black man. “Tie ‘em up. But make sure their extra comfy… wouldn’t want their last moments to be so unpleasant.”