Status: Completed, May have sequel later in life :)

Let Me Be the One to Call You Baby

I’m Not Different… I'm Not - 06

° FF 2 Days ° Tuesday °

]|[ Alice ]|[


“Ally!” I hear from the other side of my work door with knocking. “Zack’s here.”

Zander opens the door and I look up to see him and Zacky standing there. Both smiling.

“Hey Alice,” Zacky greets stepping into the room.

“Hi,” I say back softly. “Thanks Zander.”

Zacder grins and winks at me before closing the door.

“So what’s new Alice?” Zacky asks nicely as he takes a seat in the chair he did last time.

I lightly shrug my shoulder, “Nothings new. How about you?”

“I’ve been good,” he nods still smiling. “But it’s even better now.”

Confused I ask, “Why?”

He laughs softly, “Because I’m here with you.” I blush madly and he laughs softly again. “You’re real cute. You know that Alice?”

I turn my head hiding my tomato red face. I feel his fingers gently touch my chin and turn my head towards him.

“Don’t be embarrassed,” he says softly. “You’re so pretty Alice.”

With my face still hot I look him in the eyes, “Thank you but we should really start your lessons.”

Zack laughs softly again and lefts go of my chin, “Ok. Let’s get started.”

* ° FAST FORWARD ° *

“You did really well today Zacky,” I tell him softly as he puts his guitar away.

He smiles at me over my should, “Thanks Alice.”

“Oh!” I exclaim my eyes widening a little. “I forgot.”

“What?” Zack says turning his head from case to me.

I go over to the other side of the room and to my bag. Grabbing something out I turn back around to him and hide the something behind my back.

“What are you hiding missy?” he asks through slightly narrowed eyes.

I smile shyly and make my way over to him, “I got you something.”

“Really?” he asks now grinning.

I walk back over to him and hold out the item from behind my back to him.

“Candy corn?!” he grins taking it and opening the bag.

I blush, “Um. Yeah… it’s a thank you for the tacos. Uh I know a great candy store. These candy corns are made of honey not the cheep stuff.”

“Yum,” he smiles chewing one. “You’re the best Alice. These are fantastic!

I smile slightly and blush only lightly this time.

He swallows a couple more then puts the bag down, “Alice take a seat. I want to ask you something.”

Confused but interested I do as he asks.

When I’m sitting he rubs the back of his neck nervously, “I was wondering- and I know it’s last notice and all… but I was wondering uh if you um wanted to go to the fair tomorrow night?”

What?… the fair tomorrow night… with Zacky. Just him and I?What would Johnny think? And there’ll be a lot of people there but… Zacky’s such a great guy. He’s nice and funny. Plus I don’t feel all weird around him like others.

When I hear Zacky sigh I snap out of it, “I guess your silence means no.” He suddenly stands up. “I’m sorry for making you uncomfortable um uh yeah… I’m just gonna go.”

“No wait!” I say and out of my own free will I grab his arm. “I’m s-sorry Zack. But I’d… love to go out with you tomorrow night.”

He suddenly grins then sighs in relief, “Oh God… you had me nervous. So you really do want to go out with me? You’re not just saying that?”

I smile shyly, “No I’m not just saying that. You’re real nice and sweet Zack. You’ll have to pick me up at Zander’s.” I tug at the hem of my shirt. “My brother lives by me and-”

He holds a hand up, “-say no more. Older brother. I get it.” He smiles. “I’ll get the address from Zander. You should probably get ready for your next lesson.”

I nod biting my lip but don’t move or say anything else. Laughing softly he moves to me and hugs me gently. I hesitantly hug back with a smile.

“Bye Alice,” he tells me softly. “I’ll call you later.”

“You don’t have my number,” I say while blushing.

He winks down at me them pulls back from our hug. “I’ll get that from Zander too.” He moves and reaches down grabbing his guitar case and candy corn. “Thanks for the lesson Alice,” he smiles. “and the fantastic candy corn.”

I smile back and say back softly, “Bye Zacky.”

And with that he’s out the door and I’m getting ready for my next lesson with thoughts swirling through my head.

‘What will Johnny say? Should I tell him? No no. I shouldn’t. He’ll get so mad at me and yell. I don’t like when Johnny yells.’

‘About about the fair? There’ll a lot of people. People are scary and weird. What if something happens? What if… what if…’

‘And Zacky! He’s great! And I’m not. Well I don’t think that but people always say there’s something wrong with me. But there’s not! But… what if Zacky after tomorrow night thinks there is? He’ll never talk to me again and that would be horrible.’


I shake my head and scold myself to get to work.

° FF 1 Day ° Wednesday °

“Where are you goin’ again?” Johnny asked as we were walking to my car.

“Zanders,” I said a little softly.

“Oh,” he said lamely. “What do you girls plan to do?”

“Movie night,” I smiled up at him. “Talk about his guy problems. The usual.” I finished as we stopped at my car.

Kissing my forehead then pulling back, he smiled, “have fun sis.”

“I will.” I tell him returning the smile. “I love you.”

“Love you too Alice.”

With that I opened the door, started it up, and waved back to Johnny as I pulled out of the spot and away.

]|[ Zacky ]|[

“How do I look?” I saw lifting my arms up from my sides.

Brain’s eyes scanned me from shoes to hat and nods. “Looks good.”

I turn back to the mirror by the door and mess with my black Hurly hat again. Glancing at my three necklaces in the mirror I debate removing one but shrug it off. I had a slightly form fitting plain white tee-shirt and plain black pants. Holding the pants up was a black belt with a black confederate belt buckle.

“When do you have to pick her up?” Syn questions, halting me from looking myself over.

Lifting my right arm up I take a look at my watch, “I should probably go now.” Looking back at him I give him the look, “don’t show up tonight. I mean it Bri. You and guys can’t show up.”

With a smirk Syn leans back on the couch, “No worries Vengeance. We all understand how much you like her. She is beautiful after all.”

Rolling my eyes I take the few short steps to the door and call over my shoulder, “And you better not be here when I get back.”

“Have fun!” he gets out just before I close my front door behind me.

* ° FAST FORWARD ° *

“Hey Zacky,” Zander smiles as me as he opens his door.

“Hey Zander,” I nod to him returning the smile. “Alice ready?”

“Yep,” he nods and turns to the side to reveal Alice.

She is wearing a V-neck black sleeved shirt with a large pink rose surround by a yellow design on the left of it. Along with that she had on a pair of faded jeans and that only allowed the tips of her black, gray, and white heart flats to show.

She looks fantastic. She looks beautiful.

“Hey Zack,” she smiles at me and say in that shy little voice of hers.

I smile back, “Ready to go?” I offer my hand.

She blushes lightly and takes my hand.

“You two have fun,” Zander grins.

“We will,” I confirm.

“Bye Z,” Alice does a cute little wave.

“Bye Ally. Bye Zack.”

With Alice’s hand still in mine we head over to my car.

Looking down at her I smile, “Ready to have some fun?”

She smiles back up at me, “Yeah. Thanks again for taking me. I love the fair.”

“I’m just happy you said yes.”

Her only response was to squeeze my hand. When we made it to my large black Jeep Liberty. I being the gentleman I am, opened her door and held her hand helping her up. She’s such a small little thing. Doing a quick walk to my side I get in and start it up.

“Next stop, the fair,” I say in a conductor’s voice.

Alice laughs and moves her hand to the jeeps sound system only to quickly draw her hand back.

“Oops. Sorry.”

“Why?” I ask confused.

“Some people don’t like others playing with their car radio. It’s just…” she trails off with a light blush. “I need music when I’m in the car. Soft or loud.”

Smiling at her for a moment I look at out at the road and reach my arm out to turn on some tunes.

“Oh stop here,” she grins.

Doing as told I drop my hand. Under Pressure by The Used filled the car.

“They’re my favorite band,” she explains.

I nod, “yeah they’re good. Pretty nice guys.”

Shit.

She looks at me while I continue to keep my eyes on the road. “You’ve met them.” Not said like a question but a statement.

“Um yeah. I uh went to one of their shows one time. Meet them afterwards.”

She smiles largely and I almost forget I should be concentrating on driving and not looking at her dazzlingly smile.

“I wish I could meet them. I’ve seen them 3 times in concert but never met them. My brother took me to all of them but doesn’t want me to meet them.” She laughs slightly then blushes when she adds. “He says they’d instantly fall in love with me and he doesn’t want me dating no rock-star.”

“Oh.”

It’s all I can get out.

Shit.

Protective older brother thing again. Plus now I really don’t want to meet him any time soon.

The rest of the drive to the fair wasn’t awkward. I was still a little nervous but as I kept cutting glances at Alice I’d smile a little. She was huffing on the window and drawing pictures. She’s so damn cute.

“Here we are,” I say cheerfully as I park in a spot.

Alice turns her head towards me smiling widely, “Well. What are we waiting for?”