Status: Completed!

12 Days Till I Die But I'll Go Down Fighting

Scream Till There's Silence... 14

⎯ Day 1 ⎯

⎯[()]⎯[(With Family)]⎯[()]⎯

They waited at the entrance of the cemetery.

Waited for their loved one to say their goodbye alone without them.

It was painful.

They could see their loved one standing at the grave. Their arms were wrapped around themselves as if an unexplainable chill had come over them. They watched as the figure dropped down to their knees in front of the headstone.

Matt Baker moved so if to race over and comfort his sibling but his father caught his arm. Matt looked at him but with a shake of his head told him to leave them in peace a moment longer.

It was painful to lose somebody you cared for.

They could only hope their daughter would over come this.

⎯[()]⎯[(Claire)]⎯[()]⎯

My left hand fingers traced the engraved lettering on the marble headstone.

Michel Alexander Gibson

February 13, 1980- September 17, 2008

Beloved Brother, Friend and Husband

Forever Flying With The Angels


Another tear fell from my eye. The right hand in a sling due to my stab wound was clenching Mikey’s diamond wedding ring that hung around my neck on a chain.

As his wife, the police had no choice but to give it to me when I demanded it. I assume they thought I would sell it. Not on my life. It’s been 4 days since my rescue and the others rescue but after today, when I say goodbye to Mikey, will be the first day of my new life.

I gazed down at my hand still tracing the letters. I still wore my engagement ring and wedding band. The police said I could have it annulled and stripped from my record but I told them no. Mikey loved me and being married to me, I wouldn’t ruin that for him. Maybe… if he lived I would have annulled it. But he’s gone so there’s no point to. I’m even thinking on keeping Gibson as my last name.

The man saved my life, it’s the least I could do for him. Mikey was running into the room when the devil was just about to fire the gun. He jumped in front of me taking the bullet right to his heart. As he fell he knocked back into me making me hit my head on a wooden table, knocking me out. When SWAT reached the room, the devil was dead. I know he loved Mikey, I know he did. The guilt I guess was too much. It was nothing that he has killed and eaten so many, but his brother… was everything to him. He shot himself in the head.

“I’ll never forget you,” I said softly as another tear fell.

My shoulders started to shake with sobs. My head fell forward and softly rested its self on the cool marble headstone. A hand was soon on my unharmed shoulder. I looked up, tears streaking down my face.

“Zack,” I whispered.

He got down on his knees beside me, uncaring if grass stains got on his suit that he worn because I asked. I collapsed onto his chest, my left hand gripping his suit jacket.

After my sobs died down I told him in a small voice, “I loved him. Even after all the pain and hurt he caused me. I wasn’t in love with him but… his soul was so caring and innocent. He was… good friend.” A few choked out sobs escaped.

“Shhh…” Zack cooed kissing my forehead. “I understand. I’m here for you Claire; I’ll always be here. Everything’s going to be ok…”

And maybe he did understand. Zacky knew me inside and out. Zacky my rock. Zacky my hero. Zacky friend and brother.

With my sobs now gone but not my tears, I looked back at my dead husband and friend’s headstone. I kissed my fingertips and then with a shaking hand, reached out and pressed them to his name.

Then with my brother’s help, we got up and walked away from the grave, Zacky’s arm sheltering around my shoulder. As I looked over my shoulder to see my last glimpse ever of Mikey’s grave, I swore I could hear that day I taught him Chopsticks, our giggles and laughter in the background.

‘Goodbye Mikey,’I thought to myself with a small smile.

As I turned my head back forward, one last sound reached my ears… ‘Goodbye Mikey’s Angel.’

And I absolutely knew that he had that boyish grin on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought it was Zacky at the grave huh? ;) ...or at least I hope since it was what I was going for.

And for those that didn't catch on, its day 1 again because its a new start for her, no typo.

THE END!!

Sooo, whatcha think?!?!