Status: Completed, May have sequel later in life :)

Dear Mr. Gerard Way... Hi, I'm Your Daughter!

The Ghost Of You… 11

{[ October 28, 2007 ]}

“I can’t believe you got a tattoo!” his best friend Ray said in disbelief.

Gerard took in a scarp breath, “Don’t remind me. I had to take a sleeping pill to relax me… and I still passed out. I told the guys it might happen and to continue away way.”

“When he did,” Frankie said picking up the story. “They didn’t want to continue but I insisted.”

“Think she’ll like it?” Gerard asked looking at all his band mates.

“Of course,” Bob nodded.

“Do you have to ask?” Mikey countered to his brother.

“She’ll love it,” Ray agreed.

“Any letter today?” Frank asked his band’s singer.

Gerard looked out his window, and as if they were in a movie, the mail car just pulled up in front of Gee’s mailbox. He was instantly on his feet and heading to the door; not running or rushing, just a calm walk.

Gerard nodded to the mailwoman just as she was pulling away and then reached into his mailbox. Low and behold… an unaddressed letter.

Dear Mr. Gerard Way,

Hey daddy-o!! What’s the hap? Lay it on me man! Groovy to the max! Ha-ha. j/k. I’m just in a goofy hyper mood! I’m so excited cause my birthday’s in a few days! It’s gonna be the best! I’m having a small party with about 10 of my girlfriends. Sofia’s staying the night too. We’re all gonna pig out on cake, ice cream, and candy! Yummmm…

So I finally figured out how to send that picture I told you about a few letter’s ago. You know the one that I was inspired to draw because mom and I went to the ballia. And I also included one of my darker drawings. Mom’s never seen this one. She doesn’t like the dark ones. But this is my fav out of them! I love how my watercolors blended together perfectly and didn’t smear my pen.


Gerard paused at that moment to take out two papers, each in a plastic covering. The first was a charcoal drawing of two ballerina’s dancing.

‘Beautiful shading around the shoulder and neck,’ Gerard thought looking it over. ‘She’s going to be a great famous artist when she’s older,’ Gerard had no doubt in that.

He turned to the next one: dark but gorgeous. She was right about the water coloring blending together so greatly. A woman holding her own head down beside her. Being underwater as well mad a cloud of blood go around her head in the blue, green, and teal water. Gerard as an artist and parent could see where anyone, especially Sarah, would find it concerning. Helena is only 10, 11 in a few days. If does seem very strange she could draw such a… bloody and grim picture. But Gerard was like that and he knew his daughter is very bright and smart girl.

After looking them over a bit more closely, he returned to reading the letter.

So yeah, hope you like them but look at them with an eye of an artist not a dad because if you look at it like a dad you have to like it! It’s a proven fact.

I don’t have much to say in this letter… I’m pretty boring I guess. Oh! Yesterday I saw a kid being pushed into his locker… and laughed but right after I did Max hit my arm and she gave me a look. I feel bad now. The girls and I went to help the kid. He’s a new kid from Washington and his names Rolland. Weird name but unique so I like it! He’s ok I guess. I introduced him to Nick (that cute boy I wrote about) and Nick seems to have taken to him and let’s Rolland hang with him and the rest of his friends. Nick is such a sweet and cool guy.

Mom’s not doing too well. It’s getting worse and worse and had to be moved from the house to the hospital. I’m staying with Sofia, which is cool but I’d give up everything for mom to be ok. She’s so skinny and pale… her beautiful red hair is thin and gone. Oh! Here I am crying again. I’m sorry dad, I hate to have to send this sad letter to you. Kinda like your song Cancer huh? “Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you.” – “And it ain’t just livin’...” Life really sucks. I don’t think my question will ever be answered… why does God want my mom?

I’m gonna turn in. Fact: I have a birthmark that looks like a heart right above my belly buttom, a bit to the right though.

Your daughter, Helena.

Ps. If you’re wondering how I got your home address in New Jeresy… well… I may or may not have hacked into your record companies files to find it. ☺


Gerard signed and quietly entered the house. His sad disposition made the four other men in the room grow quiet.

“Sarah?” Mikey asked with a sad frown.

The singer nodded. “Yeah. Helena’s taking it so hard. Her birthday’s in two days and Sarah’s in the hospital now. To weak to be alone in the house. Helena’s staying with Sofia.”

“She’s a tough kid,” Frankie said softly making all the other men nod in agreement.

“What are those?” Bob asked looking at the papers in plastic covering which Gerard held.

“Hm?” he asked them got it. “Oh! Some of her work. She’s a genius,” he bragged passing around the two pictures.

The group sent a while talking about the colors, shading, meaning, and how much they could sells these first originals of Helena Heart-Way once she became famous.