Status: Completed, May have sequel later in life :)

Dear Mr. Gerard Way... Hi, I'm Your Daughter!

The Ghost Of You… 05

{[ August 15, 2007 ]}

“Who do you thinks sending him stuff?” the one with the giant fro asked looking at his fellow band-mates, minus one.

“Do we know if he’s sending anything out?” the youngest of the four asked.

Mikey shook his head. “I don’t think so.”

“Well,” Bob said standing up. “I’m going to go give his mail.”

“We’ll come too,” Ray said standing, along with Frankie and Mikey.

When the four made there way to the bus, Bob called for Gerard- who was in the shower- that he had a package… with no return address. Gerard admittedly turned off the shower and the door opened. There stood Gee with a towel around his hips. No one really cared he was dripping wet and only in a towel, they were guys after all.

“Package?” Gee asked.

Bob nodded and held out the package in question.

“Thanks,” Gerard said as he took it and then walked back into the bathroom.

Gerard took a seat on the closed toilet bowel lid and opened the small package. The folded up note sat on top but he grabbed the other things first. Three DVDs. Labeled: Helena 1-3 years, Helena camping & beach, Helena school plays #1 & 2.

Gerard grinned and opened the letter.

Dear Mr. Gerard Way,

Hey dad! As you can tell I added some DVD’s. They used to be on those old videotape ones but mom had them change to DVDs… I don’t know how. Anyway, I like those 3. I couldn’t afford to send more because then I would need more stamps and stuff.

So, I finally got your bands 3rd album. I’ve heard it of course because Sofia has it but now I own a copy. I got it for $2 at a garage sale! It’s worth way more than that I know but I’m sooo happy I got a copy of my own. I have the first two already.

I tired to ask mom a question about you but she shrugged off my question like she always does. If it wasn’t for her dairy I would have never known why she didn’t tell you and just ran off. Before I found it I was so sad because I always guessed on why I didn’t have a daddy while everyone else seemed to. I’m glad I know though and you didn’t die or just didn’t care. I hope I could see you (in person and not just on TV or online) but mom’s real sick and I don’t want her to have to worry about seeing you and explaining everything. Sorry.

Anyway, Sofia and her dad took us to Six Flags yesterday and it was awesome! We went on sooo many rides! It was cool. Sofia’s dad had to carry us out of the park at the end of the day because we fell asleep on a bench ☺.

I’d like to write more but I have to do my homework ☹ some report on Mesopotamia. Ah well.

My one little fact: My first word was apple.

Your daughter,
Helena

P.S. still haven’t figured out how to send the charcoal drawing.


Gerard stared at the letter. There was so much to think on. He got the hint that his daughter didn’t have much, money wise that is. How was Sarah paying for the bills at home and the hospital bills? He was positive that she knew he was famous, she could have asked for anything. There was also the fact that Gee wished he was the one to take his daughter and friend to Six Flags, and carry them as they slept. He wished he was there to hear her first word and the ones that came after.

Gerard was ecstatic at the news that she wanted to see him but if it would worry Sarah too much… he’d hold off. He’d hire the investigator and get all the info he needed. But… he’ll stay back, maybe silently pay for some stuff, until… until… God he hated even thinking about it. He didn’t love Sarah and never had, they were just fuck buddies that later became friends. But… he wanted his daughter. But he didn’t want to come in and cause worry or stress in Sarah’s last moments. Plus he didn’t want to steal any of the time Sarah and Helena had left.

With his mind made up, Gerard set every thing to the side and went back to his shower.

Later that night, Gerard lay in his bed and watched the DVD’s on a portable DVD player with his headphones. He silently cried as he watched all the moments he missed in his daughter’s life.