Status: Completed, May have sequel later in life :)

Dear Mr. Gerard Way... Hi, I'm Your Daughter!

The Ghost Of You… 09

{[ September 20, 2007 ]}

“Yo Gee!” Ray called from a dozen or so yards away.

Gerard looked up from his notebook and towards his band-mate. He quickly closed his notebook and got up once he saw the envelope Ray was waving slightly above his head.

When the singer reached his friend, he took the white envelope and walked onto the bus. He opened it as he took a seat. The first thing he did was look at the picture that fell onto his lap.

Gerard grinned. Looks like his daughter got her rabbit. Once Gee got his fill of the picture at the moment, he passed it over to his brother who he knew would pass it onto Ray and of course Frankie and Bob would see it once they came back from where ever.

Gerard then unfolded the letter.

Dear Mr. Gerard Way,

Hi dad! I got my bunny! She is the cutest thing ever! Her name is Puppy Poppy (a flower) Heart-Way. She loves to sleep on the chair in my room, snuggled under the blanket I keep on it. Mom said I should keep her in her cage at night but Puppy likes my chair more. She the best little bunny!! Some can learn tricks too! Puppy is very smart so I’ll teach her a whole bunch!

Anyway, I think Sofia and Max were right when they said Tommy (the mean boy I pushed and got in trouble for it, remember?) So yeah, he tired to kiss me! But I turned just in time so he got my cheek. Ewwww!! Tommy is 1) a jerk and 2) no Nick Connor! ☺ Nick is a friend I’ve known since 2nd grade. His really cool dad! And really cute, too! But I know he likes me as only a friend. Which is ok… I guess. Better to be friends than not.

Mom’s doing ok, I guess. She’s trying to hang in there. For me. I feel so bad that she has to suffer while I’m so healthy. I told her yesterday that if I could I’d switch places with her. She grew real silent and didn’t saying anything for a moment. I won’t go into detail but after we talked, I knew I shouldn’t have told her that. She’s the mom, she’d never want me to be in pain. But dad, I really would change places with her. My mom’s the best person ever! I hate to see her in pain and slowly dying away from me.

Getting sad again, sorry. My fact: I broke my ankle when I was 6 from falling out of a tree and then two of my fingers when I was 8 because they got slammed in a car door (I passed out from the shock, haha.)

Your daughter,
Helena


The first that came to Gerard’s mind was that little fucker who tried to kiss his daughter. Then, slowly, he shrugged it off. She obviously didn’t like him. But then… she liked this Nick fellow. She’s 10. Don’t girls not like boys at that age? Damn.

Then came the thought of Sarah. Poor Sarah. Gerard had paid a couple of the bills. Called the companies pretending to be her older brother who wanted to help out his single mother sister. He asked them not to the mention them to her because his sister was very proud. They agreed because they were getting paid after all. Poor Sarah, poor Helena. He only wished he could do more.

Then came the thought of where the hell did his daughter get the idea to name her new rabbit, Puppy. Weird. But you know what they say: the apple doesn’t fall to far from the tree.