Status: Slowly active. Leave comments.

Back In Your Head

I Must Be Dreaming

When I got downstairs I saw the view of the kitchen from where I was standing at, the end of the steps of the stairs. I could see my dad preparing the table by himself. I could also smell the food being cooked and it wasn’t until then I realized how hungry I really was.

Walking over to the kitchen and smiling weakly to my father when he realized I came down, I took my seat opposite from his seat. My dad came back and displayed the food at the center of the table then taking his seat in front of me.

“You still like lasagna?” He asked unsure.

“Still?” I asked like he would remember one of my favorite foods.

“Yeah. It is still your favorite right?”

“It is, but how’d you know that?” I asked. I didn’t even care if that came off rude.

“You told me.” He answered.

“When?”

“When you were last here.”

I thought back for a moment to calculate in my head how many years ago that was. Then I had my answer.

“When I was like eight?”

“I guess.” He replied.

I didn’t say anything anymore and just proceeded to eat dinner. Somewhere along dinner my dad spoke up again.

“So, your boyfriend. How are the two of you doing?”

I looked up from my food and looked at my dad strangely. I couldn’t tell if my mom made him talk, but I answered anyways.

“We’re good.”

“What’s his name? “

“Kennedy Brock.”

“How long have the two of you been dating?”

“I guess around when we started high school. I don’t know.”

“Oh, what is he like?”

I can’t even begin. I said myself.

“He is everything I could ask for. My best friend, support, boyfriend. He’s the only person I can really count on.”

“You sure you aren’t too attached to him or anything?”

How dare he say that? I told you my dad wouldn’t know a thing.

“Call me attached to him. I don’t care because I need him. Kennedy keeps me sane and if you can’t see that then don’t bother trying to get to know me.” I said with the last part accidentally slipping out of my mouth with anger.

“I’m sorry, he must really be a great guy then.” He apologized sincerely.

“He is.” I ended the conversation with getting up from my chair and running back upstairs.

I already finished eating and I didn’t want to make anymore conversations with him because I was mad. If getting to me know me better was really my dad’s goal then he needed to see why Kennedy is important to me and that it may seem I get attached to him at times.

When I got up to my room, I brushed my teeth and began changing into some comfortable clothes for bed. As I was about to slip on a new shirt, I happened to look out the window and I saw a figure. I squinted a bit from where I was standing, but I couldn’t make out clearly still, so I walked a little bit closer to my window, and in fact I did see a figure.

It was a person just standing there outside looking at the ground. Strange. I stared outside for a few more seconds I realized I was still in my bra and quickly slipped on my shirt. Though when I looked back out the person was gone.

I shrugged at this and closed the blinds of my window and walked over to my bed. That was a bit creepy, but I’d been having an off day anyways. Switching the night lamp off, I got into my covers, and went to bed. I really needed my rest.

-xxx-

Tonight, Kennedy will finally be here. It was my second night here and all I've managed to do was shop at the Town Center nearby. I set my brand new clothes, that I bought earlier today, on my bed and walked over to my closet to retrieve some hangers for them to hang up in my old closet while I was here.

After hanging the clothes up, I sat down on my bed and sighed. I was completely bored out of my mind and time couldn't be any more on my side than it already wasn't. It takes almost half the day to make it here and I was just notified from Kennedy that he just left.

I turned my head to the left to look outside and I bet you can only guess who I saw this time. Yeah, it was that same guy. The one that I only seemed to have seen lying on the field on my way here. He was wearing the same thing too and he was looking at me.

We didn't break eye contact for a few minutes until he just smirked and cocked his head to the side, motioning me to follow him into the mass of trees behind him. I looked away from him for a moment and thought about it. I didn't know this guy at all. I could get killed, but I wondered greatly on who he was. My curiosity got the best of me.

I looked back up and noticed he was already making his way towards the woods. Turning once more to the direction of the clock and realized time wasn't moving, I had enough time to make it back before Kennedy would get here, I quickly sat up and headed out of my room.

Making my way to the living room, I snatched my hoodie from where I had placed it on the couch, and slipped it on.

"Where are you heading to?" My father said coming out of the kitchen.

"Oh, just out for a walk. I have my cell phone." I answered, slipping my hoodie on.

"Alright, just try to make it back before your mom gets here."

"I will." I said and proceeded on my way out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter credit: "I Must Be Dreaming" - The Maine

So, let's recap the events from the last update. Junior year was tough in the beginning of the year, but now I'm doing pretty good. I had some quite memories made already and it's already almost half way in the year, then soon I'll be a Senior! Haha.

Last week on Halloween was amazing. I went to a costume party/show, trick-or-treated, and went to the Love Drunk tour w/ Tania. Oh and I've been sick for a week now.

I hope you enjoyed this I guess short chapter, it's pretty much nothing though. The next one is the biggie. It'll all make sense.