Status: Slowly active. Leave comments.

Back In Your Head

Hold Your Breath

"You know Amy, you have to be careful next time." Kennedy warned me.

"You're talking to me as if I was a little girl."

"I'm just saying, there are a lot of crazy guys out there waiting for anyone. You could of got yourself in a lot of danger."

"But I didn't." I butted in quickly.

"I said you could have, now hold still."

"Ow." I winced in pain as Kennedy attempted to clean my arm of the mixed dried and fresh blood coming from the cut I had received earlier that day. As I was on top of my bathroom counter, I had kept moving around like a child everytime he came near me with a cotton ball coated in alcohol.

"Amy, stay put." Kennedy warned.

"No, that's going to sting so bad." I whined.

"Well yes, yes it will, but you got it and this is the only way to clean your arm properly."

"Kenny."

"Amy, if you don't let me clean your arm, I'm staying in the guest room, because I am not going to sleep next to your dirty bloody arm."

I opened and closed my mouth a couple of times trying to come up with another solution to clean my arm. I know I was acting childish, but that's how I was. I sighed and decided to get this over with.

"Fine, here." I said and moved to my side for my arm to face him. My face scrunched up as the cold liquid on the soft cotton ball came to contact with my cut. I bit my lip as he applied pressure to it. He finally placed a bandaid over it and kissed my cheek.

"See, that wasn't so bad."

"You're lucky you're not a doctor. I probably would've done something."

"Sure."

"I would have."

He nodded and helped me off the counter then leading me back to the bedroom.

I took some sleeping clothes out of my bag and went in the bathroom to change into them.

"Hey, neat bracelet." I heard Kennedy say from the room.

"What bracelet?" I said walking back into the room fully changed into my night clothes.

"This one right here. I found it on the end of your bed." He explained and held up the bracelet.

Oh right, it was the bracelet that this little boy gave me, but I couldn't tell him that could I? I knew I made that bracelet and I didn't know who that little boy was and how he obtained that bracelet.

"Oh, that one. I made it."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I found it around the room. I guess I made it when I was younger."

"Oh. It's neat, you should make me one." He said handing me the bracelet and walking into the bathroom to change clothes.

"Sure, one day." I told him, tossing the bracelet aside, and got into bed.

I stayed in my bed wrapped in Kennedy's arm awake. I couldn't seem to find any sleep. Kennedy however had knocked out once he got in. It was 2 AM in the morning and I needed rest, but I couldn't. Everytime I closed my eyes I kept thinking and seeing the guy that laughed and ran away from me yesterday.

I snuggled my head into Kennedy's sweater and sighed, trying to find sleep again.

"Amy?" I heard him say sleepily.

"Yeah?"

"You can't sleep?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I've got a lot on my mind and I guess I want to just go back home."

"Is there anything I can do to help you sleep for tonight?"

"Could you sing me to sleep?"

"I don't see why not." He said. "Which song?"

"It doesn't matter, surprise me."

I waited a couple of seconds, I suppose he was thinking of which song to sing, then I heard his voice.

"I'm out of one-liners, but I'm coming back for more..."

I smiled to myself and squeezed him lightly. He knew he was singing my favorite song he'd written. Throughout his song, I lost any thought I previously had of that guy. As the song ended, I felt Kennedy kiss the top of my head and pulled me closer to him. I began feeling safe again that I eventually found sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit: "Hold Your Breath" - Last Call For Camden
Listen to the song right here!

Kennedy is wearing this

It's short, I know, but at least I updated. It would have been a little bit longer, but I am going to a Christmas party in a few minutes. Next one will be longer. I didn't proofread, so bear with me.

It snowed on Friday! So happy and I hope it does again later in the month. Also, check this song out! It's so catchy and the show is coming out next year on Nickeldeon!

2 more weeks until Winter break! Leave me comments and let me know what you think. Plus, if you are subscribed to my other stories, don't unsubscribe. I've lost 3 subscribers on my What Are Friends For? story. I really want to re-write that story.