‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 1

I never knew staying away from the one you love would be this hard and this painful; the pain I was feeling now was completely different to the pain I felt when I lost my parents and my adopted mother. This pain never went away; it grew stronger when I saw the one I love but can’t have. It felt like I was being torn in half painfully slow; it felt like someone was ripping my heart out of my chest everyday.

When I ended the relationship I had with Jasper it was like I lost a big piece of myself; I was like a zombie now, I died that day. I would do the same things everyday; I was in a routine that I couldn’t get out of, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to escape it. On weekdays I would go to school, try to avoid the Cullen’s, pick up Jake, go home, work on some cars, make dinner, finish all my homework, and then go to bed. On the weekends I would spent most of my time in our garage; finish school work and then go to bed at nighttime.

I was sitting on the bonnet of my car waiting for Bella to arrive at school; Edward and Alice were also waiting for her a few cars away from me, it was Bells 18th birthday and even through she didn’t want any presents I brought her one anyways. I hadn’t had a lot of contact with the Cullen’s since I broke up with Jasper; I couldn’t blame them, I broke their brother’s heart so I deserve them to hate me. I saw Bella park her truck next to my car; she got out looking slightly annoyed and grumpy. I smirked sliding off my car; I pulled Bella into a huge hug.

“Happy 18th birthday Bells” I whispered into her ear.

“Thanks Alex” She murmured; I handed her my present. She groaned refusing to take it so I pushed it closer to her; she ended up taking it from my hands. She mumbled under her breath while she ripped the dark blue wrapping paper off; her eyes widen when she saw what it was.

“Alex, thank you so much! I love it” She said happily; she hugged me while her eyes began to tear up. I had made her a collage of photos of us; there were recent ones and old ones, it has framed in a ‘happy 18th birthday’ frame.

“I’m glad you like it” I smiled a little; when I saw Edward and Alice starting to walk towards us I excused myself and walked over to Jessica and Angela. I was walking out of the gym with Eric beside me; it was finally lunch time. Eric had his arm around my shoulders like everyday; he was talking about something that had just happened in class but I wasn’t really listening to him. Eric led me through the halls and into the cafeteria; we both grabbed some food and then walked to our usual table. Jessica, Angela, Mike and Tyler were already there; we did have three new members sitting at our table, well it was technically only two because Bella used to sit with us but now Edward and Alice joined her.

“You need to forget about him Alex” Mike told me when I started picking at my food.

“I know” I mumbled picking at me food; I knew Mike was right, I did need to forget about Jasper but that’s easier said then done. How can I just forget someone who made me happy, who loved me, who saved my life, who was always there for me, who made me complete again. A few days ago Alice was brave enough to talk to me; she invited me to Bella’s birthday party and normally I would be the first person to say yes but not this time. I couldn’t be in the same room as Jasper; it would hurt both of us more. Alice nearly begged me to come; she said Carlisle and Esme missed me, which made me feel even worse. I hadn’t seen them since the break up; it was hard avoiding them but I knew I had to, if I started talking them either one of them it would just cause more trouble. I knew Bella wanted me there but I just couldn’t go; luckily Bella was an understanding person and understood why I couldn’t go.

She saw just how heart broken I was the few times that I actually hung out with her; Edward took up most of her time now and the only time I left La Push was for school. The rest of the day went by slowly as usual; I was glad when the last bell rang and I was making my way towards my car. I was walking with Bella and Edward; I didn’t normally go near Edward or Alice but Bella grabbed my arm, she said that I was walking with her because I wasn’t going to her party. Bella had called me last night while she was waiting for Edward to come through her window; she had told me about Jasper, not that I wanted to hear about him but she made me listen and I couldn’t just hung up on my best friend. From what Bella saw and heard Jasper didn’t talk that much, he was in his room most of the time, he took longer to hunt, and he went hunting alone.

Hearing that Jasper wasn’t going that well didn’t make me feel any better; I mean Jasper is this super gorgeous guy with an amazing personality and he’s perfect, he could get any drop dead gorgeous female vampire to be his mate. I didn’t understand why he was miserable when he could get anyone he wanted; surely it would be easier for him to forget about a stupid, ugly, weak human, he should just forget about me and move on.

Jasper POV

I haven’t seen Alexandra for a while now; I have lost count of the days that have pasted since she broke up with me. I knew that it was her family who told her to break it off with me; I understand that completely, I was glad that in wasn’t because I did something wrong or Alexandra’s feeling changed; she didn’t want this she didn’t want us to be like this. But knowing the reason didn’t stop the pain that I felt in my chest; my heart might have stopped beating a long time ago but it was still ripped in half. I knew my pain wouldn’t stop until I ended my life or Alex and I are back together; I knew I couldn’t end my life, I would only cause more pain for Alex and my family. This one time Alice told me how Alex was going; I didn’t want to hear that she was a mess, that she was staying in La Push more, that she had lost weight, that she always looked tired. I wasn’t mad at Alice for telling me; I was mad at myself for hurting the one person I love with every fiber of my body, I couldn’t stand being near Alice so I went hunting alone, I was away for 8 days. When I returned my family was extremely worried but glad that I was safe and back; that night I found myself walking the border of the treaty line, I knew I shouldn’t but I couldn’t help myself, I needed to be the little bit closer to Alex and that was the only way I could without hurting Alex more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please!