‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 10

Bella was getting so excited about going to the movies with some of the group; I felt so bad when I had to bail but I just had so much homework that I had to finish. I was spending so much time with Spencer that I had forgotten to do my schoolwork; Spencer wasn’t really himself lately, he’s been way to distant and a few times when I’ve gone to see him he wasn’t there.

Jacob and I had finished his car just last night; he couldn’t wait to take it for a drive around, I was slightly glad too because now I wouldn’t have to drive him everywhere. I was sitting at the kitchen table doing my homework when I heard a car pull into our driveway; that couldn’t be Jake already, the movie shouldn’t be over. But then Jake walked into the house; he didn’t look good at all so I quickly walked up to him, I rubbed his shoulder.

“Jake you’re burning up!” I shrieked; I heard Dad wheel himself into the front room.

“Come in here son” Dad said; I frowned when I caught a slight smile appear on his lips.

“Sit down on the couch” Dad told Jacob; I sat next to him, I was still holding his warm arm.

“There’s something that I need to tell you” Dad said seriously but his attention as mainly on Jacob.

“You two remember the legends that I tell you? Well there true; we already know that vampires are real and so are werewolves. You’re great grandfather was one; so his genes got past down the line. We’re able to phase or transform into wolves; why do you think we like Sam, Paul, Jared and now Embry so much? Their werewolves too; it’s going to take a while to get used to everything but it’s worth it Jacob. Your job is to protect people and kept this place safe from all vampires” Dad told us; I felt the blood drain from my face and my head started spinning.

“What?” Jake shouted standing up; I jumped from his sudden outburst, I saw his whole body shaking and I could feel his body heat rise.

“Alex, get behind me now!” Dad yelled; I jumped again but ran over to him. He started wheeling his chair back making me walk back; we were getting further and further away from Jacob who was shaking even more. Dad was trying to calm Jacob down but nothing was working; I was way too scared and confused to say anything so I just watched my shaking brother.

Suddenly Jacob’s clothes ripped away from his body; his body moved in unnatural ways, and then red-brown fur popped out of his skin, he just phased into his wolf form. I watched him run out the front door and into the forest; I started to feel dizzy and wheezy, my eyes rolled back into my head and I fell to the floor, darkness quickly overtook my body.

“Alex please wake up” I heard Jacob whisper to me softly; he was brushing some hair off my face, his hand was so hot now. I also heard Dad talking to someone on the phone; he was actually being quite rude which is not like him at all.

“Jacob, how are you feeling?” Dad asked; his voice was closer now, he was sitting near me.

“Still a little strange” Jacob signed brushing his fingertips across my cheek.

“That’s understandable but you will get used to this; I promise you” Dad replied.

“Do they have to come over now?” Jacob asked quietly.

“It’s better that they help you through this” Dad told him; then I heard a knock on the front door.

“Come on in boys!” Dad was opening the door.

“How’s Alex?” Someone asked; he sounded a lot like Sam.

“She hasn’t woken up yet; their in the living room” Dad said; his voice was uneven like he was shaking his head.

“Jake! Alex!” Someone who sounded like Embry breathed. I’m taking it that it’s Sam, Embry, Paul and Jared were here because the room was getting warmer.

“Hello Jacob” Sam greeted my brother who as I figured out was sitting on the floor beside me.

“Sam” Jacob mumbled; normally I would have glared at him for being so rude but I couldn’t really move right now. I listened to them talking to Jacob; telling him everything that I guess werewolves did, Jacob said that he was never going to phase near me again, not if I was going to faint every time. Sam told him that I only fainted because it was my first time seeing something like that; Jared said that Dad and I were lucky because it’s dangerous to phase near people, it will hurt or kill them. Sam told Jacob about phasing to close to Emily; so that’s how she got her three long scars, it wasn’t a bear attack after all. It was a lot for me to take in; it must be harder for Jacob right now, learning that he was a werewolf, that he wasn’t fully human.

“Ugh” I groaned slowly opening my eyes.

“Alex” I heard several people say together; but I clearly heard Dad and Jacob over them all.

“Baby, are you alright?” Dad asked wheeling himself closer to me.

“Fine” I said when my eyes focused again; I saw a worried looking Jacob above me.

“It’s good to see you’re awake again Alex” Sam said leaning over me so I could see him.

“You guys are freaks” I mumbled sitting up slowly; Jacob quickly put his arms around me to help me up, the other guys just started laughing.

“You heard all of that?” Jacob asked shocked.

“Yeah” I smiled looking around at them; I was surprised when I didn’t see them any differently. Was I supposed to see them differently? I mean they were the same guys I have known basically all my life; just because their part wolf doesn’t mean anything. I went to bed that night thinking about everything that I had just been told; I thought the world was messed up when I learned the Cullen’s were vampires, but now I know there are werewolves too, the world is so messed up! What was going to happened to Jacob’s friendship with Bells now?

Neither Jacob nor I could tell her about the wolves; we were now bound to keep this secret, we couldn’t tell anyone. I wasn’t even supposed to know about it but I saw it first hand so I was in the clear. I must be a magnet for dangerous creators; first I was in love with a vampire and now my brother is a werewolf.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!