‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 12

I was walking around La Push with my pack; yes now I say that their my pack and my guys because it feels like they are, they don’t mind, I think they like it. We were talking and messing around; but I did feel like an ant standing next to all of them, why did they have to be so damn tall. We were going to Jacob and my place to hang out for a bit; well what a surprise we get when we see what is standing in our driveway.

It was Bella’s truck and sure enough there was Bella sitting in the driver’s seat; I heard groans all around me. Jacob walked up and knocked sharply on the window; the sudden noise made Bella jump, the look of shock crossed her face instantly when she saw Jacob standing there with a hard dark look on his handsome face.

“What are you doing here Bella?” Jacob asked harshly when Bells opened her window.

“Jacob?” She gasped staring at Jacob; I watched as her eyes took in his new look. Then her eyes looked past his shoulder and at the rest of the guys; her eyes narrowed slightly when she saw Sam. Her eyes soften and lingered on me; I was standing in front of Sam with Jared on my left, and Paul and Embry on my right.

“What are you doing here?” Jacob demanded again.

“I need to talk to you” Bella said softly but I knew she wanted her voice to be strong. I watched as Jacob looked over his shoulder to Sam; he was asking for Sam’s permission and of coarse Sam granted Jacob that permission. Jared was the first to start walking towards my house; Embry followed after him, then it was Paul.

I stood there for a second before Sam placed his hands gently on my shoulders and lead me into my house; I looked over my shoulder to see Bella and Jacob walking into the forest. The guys made themselves comfortable in the living room while I was pacing the length of the living room.

“Alex, it will be fine, Jacob knows what he’s doing” Sam said trying to make me stop worrying and to stop pacing; but it didn’t work and I kept pacing. Well that was until Embry leaned forward wrapping his arms around my waist; he pulled me onto to lap gently and I cuddled up to him.

I was just getting comfy when Paul and Jared decided to ruin it by sitting on either side of Embry; they attacked my sides with their fingers. So I was laughing and squealing for them to stop trickling me but they didn’t listen to me; I started to wiggle around but Embry’s grip just tightened on me, I heard Sam and Embry laughing along with Paul and Jared.

“Are you going to stop worrying Alex?” Jared laughed trickling me harder.

“Yes I promise!” I managed to say in between my laughter.

“Do you want us to stop?” Paul chuckled.

“Yes, please stop!” I begged them still laughing.

“Alright” Jared chuckled but they both stopped; we all looked to the front door when it was slammed shut by Jacob, he didn’t look to happy so I thought of the prefect way to give him some space. I climbed out of Embry’s lap; I turned to glare at the three guys sitting in front of me with innocent looks on their faces, I smirked as I prepared myself.

“Stupid dogs” I smirked and then ran out the back door as fast as I could; I didn’t make it that far before someone picked me up, they turned me around so I could see Embry and Paul running towards me, and then they tackled both me and Jared to the ground.

We rolled around on the ground and played fight with each other for a while; I didn’t see Jacob or Sam come out so I figured they were having a talk. After a while we heard laughter coming from the back porch; I looked behind me to see Dad, Jacob and Sam laughing hard. I looked back down to see that I had pinned down Embry; I was straddling his waist and had his arms pinned on either side of his head, of coarse it would be easy for him to escape but he didn’t, he just keep laughing at me.

After that they all went home; Dad was making dinner with Jacob helping so I decided to take a shower because I got dirty when I was rolling on the ground. I ate dinner then washed the dishes; I sat on my bed doing my homework when Jacob knocked on my door.

“Hey Als” He greeted me flopping onto my bed making me and my books jump.

“Hi Jake” I smiled over at my brother. Jacob being a naturally talkative person told me what happened with Bella earlier today; he told me that he was thinking about going to her place tonight to apologize and to tell her that she already knew what was wrong with him. I wasn’t sure if that was such a good idea; but then again she already knows about vampires so it couldn’t really hurt, and if she knew then she could hang around with us again.

It’s been so hard going to school with her and not being able to tell her what’s going on down here; I bet she thinks we’re doing drugs or something. She asks me what’s wrong with Jacob every time she sees me; even through that’s only at school now I still get uncomfortable when she asks.

Jacob had to go soon after our talk because he had to run patrol; but he told me that he was going to go see Bella tonight, so I told him to be careful and not to get to angry or upset because he couldn’t phase right in front of her, she at least needs some warning. I know that feeling of seeing Jacob phase for the first time without any warning; it made me faint seeing him phase and I’ve never fainted before.