‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 16

Bella returned to Forks last week with Edward and Alice; now the one thing I was nervous about has happened, all the Cullen’s have returned to Forks. I have been staying in La Push a lot more often now that they were back; the only time I really left was to go to school. Even that had changed; I still wasn’t really talking to Bella, I most defiantly wasn’t talking to Edward or Alice. I’m hanging around the pack most of the time or I’m with Emily or Seth; the Clearwater’s are going really good actually, I take Seth for drives around La Push which he enjoys. I was sitting at the kitchen table doing my homework when the phone rang; I let Dad answer it like he always does now.

“Hello?” Dad greeted happily.

“Oh hello Bella” Dad said slowly; he looked over to me as I lifted me head to look at him.

“I’m sorry but Jake…” Dad went on but he was cut off.

“Oh you want to talk to Alex” Dad said letting me know what Bella wanted; I saw Jacob quickly walk into the kitchen as well. Jacob frowned when I stood up from my chair and walked over to Dad.

“I’ll just get her” Dad said before covering the phone so Bella couldn’t hear us.

“Als, you don’t have to talk to her” Jacob told me; he was still frowning.

“Its fine” I reassured them both; Dad handed me the phone slowly.

“Hey Bella” I said when Dad and Jacob left the room to give me some alone time with Bella.

“Hi Alex” Bella signed but her tone was extremely happy. I explained to her about how Jacob and I felt and why we haven’t been talking to her. She seemed to understand but she was sad that she lost her two best friends; I told her to give Jacob some time and I was still her best friend. We talked about everything! We had a lot to catch up on; we spend the next few hours talking non-stop until we both started to get tired, we hung up and I headed to bed.

It was Saturday and I was hanging out with myself at First beach; the pack was having a meeting or something, I wasn’t to sure what they were doing. I was kicking the little rocks while I slowly walked along the beach; I was day dreaming yet again so I didn’t notice anyone walking up behind.

“Boo!” Someone yelled in my ear.

“Ahh!” I screamed jumping a foot in the air; I spun around when I heard them laughing.

“Shut up Paul!” I shouted punching his shoulder which he didn’t even feel.

“I’m sorry Alex” Paul said in between laughs.

“Whatever” I mumbled sitting down on a log; Paul sat next to me.

“So I thought there was a pack meeting or something?” I asked looking over to Paul.

“There was but it finished so I thought I would come see you” Paul said smiling at me.

“So what were you doing before I found you?” Paul asked looking at the ocean.

“Just thinking” I murmured; I didn’t want him to know that I was thinking about Jasper.

“What were you thinking about?” He asked me looking over to me.

“Just someone” I whispered looking down at the rocks.

“Who?” Paul demanded frowning.

“Alex, tell me!” His voice rose a little bit.

“Jasper Hale” I whispered.

“That leech? Why on earth would you think about that filthy bloodsucker? Are you going to get with him again? He’s just going to hurt you Alex, he could kill you!” Paul exploded; he was standing on his feet in a flash.

“Don’t call him that! You and the rest of the pack know that he and his family are different! He would never hurt me! I hurt myself by breaking up with him” I shouted standing on my feet too.

“You don’t know what you’re talking about!” Paul yelled; his body started shaking a bit.

“Yes I do because I love him!” I screamed.

“Paul?” I asked gently; all my anger disappeared when Paul’s body started shaking more. Suddenly Paul turned around and started walking away from me; he was heading for the forest. I felt the guilt rise up in my body; I couldn’t let Paul leave without me apologizing, we couldn’t leave things between us like this.

“Paul, wait!” I shouted running after him; in the back of my head I knew this was a bad idea but I didn’t listen to myself.

“Paul, stop!” I begged him; I was now a few meters behind him. I saw his body trembling; he was getting ready to phase, he quickly undressed so he could save his clothes. Suddenly I felt like I had just run into a brick wall or got hit by a Mack truck; in reality I didn’t hit anything, it was like an invisible force field, a hot invisible force field. The power of the hit threw me in the air and backwards; I heard myself scream the loudest scream ever! I managed to see Paul turn around in his wolf form; his black eyes widened and he instantly phased back to his human form, he ran towards me. I landed on my back hard; I screamed again from the burning pain that had covered my whole body, and I was burning in places I had never hurt before.

“Alex! I’m so sorry! Alex, I’m sorry” Paul yelled over my screaming; tears quickly ran down my cheeks as the burning pain got worse.

“Alex!” I heard a number of people roar with pain and anger in there voices; they were getting closer, my pack was getting closer to me.

“Als, princess. Can you hear me? You need to stay awake alright, focus on me” Jacob told me leaning over me. Sam kneeled on my other side; his hand went under my head so I wouldn’t hurt it, my back arched up from the pain.

“Jared take Alex’s car and get to the Forks hospital; take Billy, Embry and Paul” Sam ordered them; Sam threw Jared my car keys that where in my pocket and they all ran off.

“Alex we need to get you to the hospital alright?” Jacob told me stroking my cheek gently but I whimpered because it made the burning hurt more; Jacob’s fingers pulled away instantly.

“Alex I’m going to get my car alright?” Sam said softly and then he was gone. I laid there crying and groaning; my body was twitching and shuddering from the burning pain. Jacob was whispering soothing things to me but it wasn’t helping me; I looked up into my brother’s eyes and saw pain, hurt, and anger. Sam was back by my side within a few minutes.

“Are you right to carry her?” Sam asked Jacob, who nodded. Jacob gently slid his arms under my back and under my knees; as gently as he could he lifted me up, I kept my mouth shut so my scream was muffled. Jacob kept apologizing to me as he walked quickly to Sam’s car; every move Jacob made intensified the burning pain. Emily was waiting in the car for us; Sam helped Jacob place me on the back seat which was covered by a few towels, Jacob rested my head on his lap. The ride to the hospital was the worse car ride I have ever had in my life; every little bump or turn made me feel like I was on fire, I was screaming through my closed mouth and my tears hadn’t stopped yet.

“Make it stop! Make the pain stop!” I begged looking up into my brother’s eyes.

“I will honey, I promise I will” Jacob whispered looking down at me. Sam pulled into the hospital’s car park and quickly parked next to my car; Dad, Jared, Embry and Paul were standing there waiting for me. Sam and Emily hopped out; Sam opened Jacob’s door to make it easier for both Jacob and I to get out. Jacob gently and carefully lifted me into his arms again; I squeezed my eyes shut and grinded my teeth together so I didn’t scream from the overwhelming pain.

“Help! We need Dr. Cullen right now!” Sam demanded walking into the hospital with Jared, Paul and Embry behind him; Emily was pushing Dad through the door with Jacob and I behind him.

“What’s wrong?” I heard Carlisle asked Sam; the guys parted so Carlisle could see me in Jacob’s arms.

“Alex” I heard Carlisle gasp and Jacob’s grip tightened on my body; I whimpered when it hurt me more and Jacob instantly loosed his grip.

“Lay her down carefully. What happened?” Carlisle whispered the last part; I felt a firm bed under my back, I screamed loudly when it hurt my back more.

“Alex?” I heard Charlie gasp when he saw me laying on the hospital stretcher; my clothes had small cuts here and there, I was screaming in pain and I was bleeding.

“Make it stop!” I screamed to Carlisle this time.

“I will” Carlisle promised.

“Paul phased into his wolf form to close to Alex” Jacob whispered to Carlisle; Jacob’s voice was filled with venom and rage.

“Right” Carlisle murmured before I felt the bed moving down the hallway; I was moved into a room, doctors and nurses were running around me.

“Alex, I’m going to make the pain go away but I have to make you fall asleep first alright?” Carlisle asked me but I couldn’t talk anymore; the pain was excruciating so I managed to whimper as a reply. Suddenly my vision started to get blocky and my body was numbing; my screams stopped and then unconsciousness flooded my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!