‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 17

Jacob POV

I was sitting next to Dad outside Alex’s room; Sam was comforting Emily, Spencer, Jared and Embry were talking quietly, and Paul was sitting be himself. Charlie had already called Bella; I tried to stop him but he told me that Bella needed to know. Dad had called Sue but he told her to stay there; he would call with an update when Carlisle told us what was happening.

I hated waiting like this; damn Paul couldn’t keep his temper under control for a few minutes and now Alex was hurt! Alex was in so much pain all the way here; I hated seeing her like that, and there was so much blood. I wished it was me and not my baby sister. I heard the front door of the hospital open and I smelt the sickly sweet stench of a vampire; it wasn’t from Spencer, it was from the Cullen’s. I controlled the growl that was trying to escape my lips when I saw them walking towards us with Bella in the lead.

“Dad! How’s Alex?” Bella asked nervously when she reached us.

“We don’t know yet” Charlie mumbled sadly; I knew Charlie saw Alex as another daughter and it was killing him just as much as Dad and myself. We waited for about another 20 minutes; during that time I was glaring darkly at the leech that was ‘dating’ Alex, Jasper Hale. But I, along with everyone else, jumped up when we heard the door of Alex’s room open and Carlisle walked out.

“How is she? Can we see her?” I asked before anyone else could even think of talking.

“Alex is fine; I stopped the bleeding and have bandaged her cuts up” Carlisle told everyone with relief in his calm voice. Everyone signed with relief when we heard the good news.

“She’s still asleep but you are all welcome to see her” Carlisle said walking back into her room; I pushed Dad through the door and set him as close to Alex’s bed as I could get him, I pulled up another chair and sat next him. Dad grabbed Alex’s hand gently in his; Alex was looking better then before.

Her blood had been washed off her; from what I could see she didn’t have that many cuts, a few on her arms, a couple on her neck and chest area, and one on her hairline. I can’t see her legs or her stomach because of the blankets that were covering her thin body; she looked so peaceful when she was asleep. My pack, Emily and Spencer stood at the wall behind me while the Cullen’s, Bella and Charlie stood on the opposite wall; Carlisle was standing at the end of her bed looking at her.

“Her cuts aren’t deep enough to leave any scars; Alex was extremely lucky today” Carlisle told everyone.

“Thank you” Dad said tearing his eyes away from Alex for a second before he focused on her again.

Alex POV

I felt myself come around but I wasn’t fully awake yet; I could heard and feel everything around me but I couldn’t see yet, everything was still black. I could feel myself laying on a more comfy bed and Dad was holding my left hand. I could hear Emily and Sam whispering to each other; Spencer was talking quietly with Embry and Jared, Carlisle was talking to someone who sounded a lot like Esme, Bella and Edward were whispering to each other, and I heard three other people talking who sounded like Emmett, Rosalie and Alice.

No way would the Cullen’s come here; not with the werewolves right in front of them, no way! I tried with all my might to open my eyes and it worked; my eyes slowly opened but shut again because of the hospital’s bright lights, I opened my eyes slower this time so I could get used to the lights. I blinked a few times before I turned to look at my family; Dad was the first to see that I was awake.

“Alex! Oh baby” Dad exclaimed happily; he leaned over to kiss my cheek.

“Alex” Jacob signed smiling brightly; he stood up and hugged me gently, he was careful not to hurt me.

“Hey” I said but my voice sounded so dry.

“It’s good to see your awake Alex” Carlisle said from the end of my bed.

“Oh Alex!” Emily cried hugging me carefully too; Sam, Spencer, Embry and Jared hugged me gently as well but Paul didn’t come anywhere near me.

“Hi Alex” I heard someone say from the other side of me; I looked over to see Bella standing there.

“Hey Bells” I smiled slightly.

“Ow” I moaned when she hugged me a bit too tightly.

“I’m sorry” She breathed letting go of me.

“How are you feeling Alex?” Carlisle asked me.

“Umm… alright. I little sore when I move” I told him.

“What happened Alex?” Bella asked me; I froze thinking of a story that could happen to anyone, my eyes quickly flickered over to Jacob and back to Bella.

“Umm… it was an accident, I fell… at First beach” I lied terribly and she knew it straight away.

“Are you sure?” Edward asked; he was standing right behind Bella, how could I not see him before? That’s when I decided to look around the room better; I saw Esme standing next to Carlisle, Emmet, Rosalie and Alice were standing behind Bella and Edward, and Jasper was standing in front on them closer to my bed. My breath got caught in my throat just looking at his gorgeous face; his eyes were an amazing shade of gold, and it seemed that he was more gorgeous then the last time I saw him.

“He what?” Edward yelled angrily; his sudden outburst caused me to jump which then made me wince from the pain.

“Stay out of our heads” Jacob hissed standing up; his glare was dark, cold and hard.

“Paul, are you that stupid?” Edward snarled looking straight at Paul; great somebody thought about what happened!

“What did he do?” Emmett demanded stepping forward slightly; he was ready for a fight.

“He phased to close to Alex” Edward growled through this his teeth; everything after that happened so fast that it was hard to see. Jasper lunged at Paul pushing him against the wall growling; the Cullen’s, besides from Carlisle and Esme, crouched behind their brother, the pack and Spencer crouched beside Paul. There were quiet snarls and growls coming from both sides; Dad, Bella, Carlisle, Esme and I stayed where we were.

“Stop it!” I demanded in my weak soft voice.

“It was an accident! It was more my fault then Paul’s; I knew not to go near the guys when they phase but I did it anyways. Don’t blame Paul, blame me” I said sternly; everyone backed away slowly from one another, everyone finally calmed down and the room was silent.

“So Alex, who’s this?” Alice asked looking straight at Spencer; I looked over to see Spencer looking at her too, I smirked.

“Everyone this Spencer; Spence these are the Cullen’s and Bella” I said still smirking; Alice and Spencer should so get together!

“Hello I’m Spencer Platt” He greeted everyone formally; that made me roll my eyes, I just told them who you were.

“Spencer?” Esme gasped; her family and Bella were staring at her like she was crazy.

“Hello Aunt Esme” Spencer said smiling happily; I heard the Cullen’s and Bella gasp when they heard that.

“Oh Spencer!” Esme breathed hugging her nephew tightly; I smiled at the reunion, I was glad Spencer finally got to see his aunt again. Spencer quickly filled everyone in; well he filled the Cullen’s and Bella in because I along with Dad, Emily and the pack already knew his story.