‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 2

I was laying on my stomach on the living room floor doing my math’s homework; ugh I hate math’s sometimes, I had to concentrate even through that’s probably the best for me right now. Jake was sitting on the couch watching something on TV; Dad was rolling around in the kitchen making us dinner. I wonder how Bells party is going? No stop thinking about that! Just kept working on my math’s! I was having a mental battle with myself; surely that’s not a good sign.

“Time for dinner kids” Dad called from the kitchen; Jake walked in front of me, I sat next to Dad while Jake sat on Dad’s other side. Dad had made us streak with chips; I shook some salt onto my chips and poured BBQ sauce over both my piece of streak and my chips. This was the first time that I actually finished all my dinner; is that a sign that I’m starting to get over Jasper? I washed the dished after the three of us finished eating; Jake was helping me by drying the dishes and putting them away. When we finished I went back to doing my homework while Jake watched TV with Dad; I was now working on my English homework.

Jasper POV

I was watching Alice flit around the house making sure everything was in place; we were throwing Bella a birthday party, not that I was in any mood to have a party. Carlisle and Esme dragged me out of my room and asked me to behave tonight; it would have been more bearable if Alexandra was coming but she wasn’t and it was all my fault. Bella wasn’t going to have her best friend here to celebrate her birthday because of me; am I such a monster that I scare and hurt the one I love the most in this world?

I heard Bella’s truck driving up our driveway; I signed quietly but I knew everyone heard it. Edward walked through the door with Bella at his side; I had gotten more used to her scent when we were stuck in Phoenix, even through it was easier not to attack Bella because I had Alex with me and now I didn’t. I tuned everyone out once again but I did faintly hear Bella thank Rose, Emmett and myself for our present; I nodded to show her that I had heard her.

“Shoot” Bella muttered looking at her now cut finger; it was only a drop of blood but it made the monster rip and claw at my insides. The blood thirst quickly over took my body and my mind; my eyes were only focusing on Bella’s blood. I found myself lunging towards her; I was so close but Edward quickly blocked my path. We were both snarling and growling; I was trying my hardest to get to Bella’s blood but I knew Edward and the rest of our family would stop me.

I felt Emmett and Rosalie help Edward with dragging my outside; I knew I shouldn’t fight back but once the monster smells blood it will try to get it. Once they got me outside it was easier for everyone to breath but it didn’t take the hunger away; so I did the only thing I could think off to get away from Bella and the disappointment my family were feeling, I ran. I ran as fast as I could into the forest; I didn’t care where my legs were taking me, I just knew I had to get away for a while.

Alex POV

I had finished my homework and was now cuddling up to Jake on the couch; I haven’t done this for a while, I haven’t watched TV with my family for ages. It actually felt really good; I might actually be starting to get over Jasper, it didn’t hurt as much thinking his name so I’m taking that as a good sign. I could easily tell by the happy smiles that were placed on Dad and Jake’s lips that they too were happy to see me getting back to normal. Maybe the nightmares would start to stop as well; I sure hope they do.

I have been having these nightmares about 4 nights ever week; they were kind of my normal dreams, the ones about my parents but then they would change. One second I would be a scared crying 4 year old girl then I would be my 17 year old self; I would be running through the La Push forest and when I would come to the treaty line I would always stop. I would see Jasper standing on his side holding a hand out for me to take but I would turn to see Dad, Jacob, Rachel and Rebecca standing behind me. They were making me decide who I wanted to be with; my family or the man I loved. But it always ended with a bloody battle between Jacob and Jasper; in the end I would always lose my big brother and the love of my life, I would watch them slowly die and then I would wake up screaming. Jake would run into my room instantly jump into my bed and wrap his arms around me; he would calm me down and I would fall asleep to the sound of his steady heart beat.

I knew that Dad felt bad that he couldn’t come and see me because of his wheelchair; I felt awful waking them both up with my screaming. When the nightmares first started to change Jake would run into my room with a baseball bat; he either thought that Jasper had come back or someone else was in my room, but then he would see me sitting in my bed alone, crying, shaking, sweating and panting. Dad used to quickly get himself into his wheelchair and wheel himself to the bottom of the stairs; he yelled at Jake to tell him what was happening, Jake would calm everything down and Dad would slowly go back to bed. They don’t panic as much now through; I guess they just got used to my screaming. Sometimes the nightmares were so bad that Jake couldn’t even calm me down; he would then carry me down stairs and into our Dad’s room, Jake would gently place me in Dad’s bed and I would cuddle up to Dad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short but please comment!