‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 5

I woke up to the sound of Jacob snoring quietly; his arms were wrapped around me tightly and protective, I always felt safe when I was near Jake or in his arms. I tried to unwrap his arms but I ended up waking him up.

“Morning” Jake mumbled this voice thick with sleep.

“Morning” I whispered getting out of bed; Jake followed my actions but then he just stood there staring at me.

“I’m fine” I lied looking at the ground; Jake signed seeing straight through me, we made our way into the kitchen. Dad was just placing my favourite breakfast on the table; there was chocolate pancakes with choc chips, cream and orange juice.

“Thanks Dad” I murmured sitting down across from Jacob; Dad sat in his wheelchair at the head of the table.

“Anytime baby; well maybe not all the time” Dad laughed; Jacob rolled his eyes and I shook my head at Dad. I wanted to call Bells so bad; I needed to know if she was ok, I wanted to know how she was coping.

“Maybe you should wait a while before calling Bella” Dad said when he noticed that I kept glancing at the phone.

“Yeah ok” I signed picking up the dishes so I could wash them; Jake and I got changed and walking to our garage, Jake worked on his car while I worked on Mrs. Homes’ car. I was changing the oil when it suddenly squirted oil; I managed to jump out of the way before it hit me, I turned to see if it landed on anything important. But I came face to face with my brother; he was frowning at the oil mark that had just hit his chest.

“Sorry” I laughed; Jacob’s head snapped up at the sound of my laugh.

“Oh you think this is funny huh?” Jake asked pointing this is shirt.

“Kinda” I giggled nodding my head.

“That’s it” Jake said smiling evilly.

“Jacob” I warned walking backwards; like he was going to listen to me. I turned around and took of running; Jake was right behind me, we were both laughing happily. I ran to the front of our house where I saw Quil and Embry; I hide behind them, using them as my shield from Jacob.

“What did you do now Alex?” Quil chuckled looking over his shoulder at me.

“Nothing!” I defended myself. I was too busy looking at Jake that I didn’t notice Embry turning around until I was over his shoulder; I squealed when he picked me up.

“Embry!” I screamed hitting his back. I was screaming and yelling for Embry to put me down seeing as they started to walk down the road; I knew where they were taking me when I saw the all too familiar car park, we were at First beach. I felt someone slide me off Embry’s shoulder; then I saw Quil grab my legs, Jake was now holding my hands.

“Jacob! Quil! Don’t you dare!” I screamed when they began to swing me towards the water.

“Embry help!” I squealed when Jake counted to 2; I knew he was going to let go on the count of 3.

“Jacob Bl…” I screamed but was cut off by landing in the cold ocean; my back hit the ground, it wasn’t all that deep. I took a deep breath when I broke the surface; I pushed my hair out of my face and heard the guys laughing. I stomped over to them; I grabbed Jacob’s hands and pulled with all my might, he went flying into the water. I then turned to Quil and grabbed his hands pulling him in the water; I looked over at Embry who was smiling at me, he took me by surprise through because he ran towards me, he lifted me up so that my elbows were on his shoulders, he drove into the water with me still in his arms.

4 Months Later

It’s been 4 months since the Cullen’s left; it’s been 4 months since I really talked to Bella. Bella of coarse was devastated when Edward left her; I heard from Sam that he just left Bells in the forest, I asked Charlie about what happened. He told me that they went for a walk; Bella let a note saying she would be back soon, when she didn’t come home he got worried. I couldn’t believe Edward just left her in the forest; we all know she’s not the best with directions. He broke up with her; broke her heart and then left her in the forest at night, all alone, yeah what a great guy.

Anyways I now know how I looked when I broke up with Jasper; Bella was exactly like I was then, she became antisocial, pushed everyone away, got into a routine and was like a zombie. I know how Dad and Jacob felt when I was a zombie; I knew the pain they went through seeing me like that because I was in pain seeing Bella like that. I swear if I ever saw Edward again I was going to make sure he knew exactly what he did to Bella; I wasn’t afraid of vampires and I wasn’t afraid of standing up to them either. The only times I saw Bella was at school and then she didn’t really talk to anyone; not even me, she was to busy blocking everything out around her to talk to anyone. I tried going to visit her and drag her out somewhere but I never even got inside her house; she would either send me away or she would tell Charlie to send me away.

It got so bad that Charlie ended up calling me for help; most of the time he just needed someone to talk too and seeing as I had just gotten through the same thing he turned to me. I was more then happy to help because I got an update of how Bella was. I haven’t really thought about Jasper that much; of coarse I would still get reminded of him when I heard something familiar or saw something familiar, and when I would get upset but Jacob was always there to cheer me up again. I am so grateful to have a brother like Jacob; I don’t know what I would have done without him, he helped me get over all the pain that I went through. I found the best way to get over someone is to keep busy and be around people; that’s exactly what I have been doing, I work on cars a lot more and I’m always around my best friends. Embry, Quil and Seth have always been there for me; from day one they where there for me, those guys are the best friends anyone could have.

For some reason, probably a stupid reason, Sam has been getting on Jacob’s nerves more then usual; Sam doesn’t really do anything to Jake, they hardly even talk to each other. I think it might be because Dad and I don’t have a problem with Sam; we both like him. Sam has never hurt me; never been mean to me, never snapped at me, he’s never done anything to me that would make Jake hate him. I’m starting to think that maybe it’s a guy thing; well I wish they got over it, it’s annoying when I’m talking to Sam and Jake pulls me away from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please!