‹ Prequel: Love Story
Sequel: Second Chances

Love Bites

Chapter 6

I was sitting on the couch with Jacob next to me; we were just joking around when we suddenly heard the all too familiar loud rumble from Dad’s old truck, the old truck that both Jake and I were glad when it got sold to Charlie, neither one of us wanted to drive it. But that means that either Charlie was here which wasn’t likely because he doesn’t really drive Bells truck; or it meant that Bella was here. Jake and I looked at each other at the same time; we were probably thinking that same thing too. We both rushed to the window at the same time; we poked our heads out to see Bella sitting in her truck. We smiled at each other and walked out our front door; we met Bella half way across out front yard.

“Bella!” I squealed throwing my arms around her shoulders.

“Hey Alex” Bell chuckled hugging me back tightly.

“Hey Bella” Jacob’s smile grew.

“Hi Jacob” Bella replied with a lot of enthusiasm.

“You grew again” Bella said in amazement; it was true Jacob had grown more. I swear he’s a freak; no one I know has grown to his height in that short time period. But Jake seems to love being taller then normal people our age; he was always a few inches taller then me but now he towers over me.

“Six-five” Jake replied proudly; his smile grew even wider.

“Is it ever going to stop? You’re huge!” Bella exclaimed shaking her head.

“I hope so” I mumbled making my brother laugh.

“I’m still a beanpole though” He grumbled.

“Come inside, we’re getting all wet” I said running for the front door; I heard Jake and Bells laugh following me in.

“Dad, look who stopped by” I called out just as Jake ducked through the door; Dad wheeled himself in from the kitchen.

“Well, what do you know! It’s good to see you again Bella” Dad said shaking Bells hand.

“What brings you out here? There’s nothing wrong with Charlie is there?” Dad asked.

“No Charlie’s fine. I just wanted to come see Alex and Jacob; I haven’t seen them for ages” Bells said making Jake and I to smile ever bigger then before.

“Can you stay for dinner?” Dad asked eagerly.

“Sorry but I’ve got to fed Charlie” Bella said with disappointment in her voice.

“I’ll call him now; he’s always invited” Dad said.

“It’s not like you’ll never see me again. I’ll be back; you’ll even start to get sick of me” Bella laughed.

“Alright, maybe next time” Dad chuckled.

“So Bells, what did you want to do?” I asked looking at her.

“Whatever. What were you two doing before I got here?” She shrugged.

“We were just about to head out to work on my car. But we can totally do something else” Jacob replied looking over at me.

“No that would be great!” Bella said quickly; she’s up to something, she was never interested when I used to talk about cars before.

“Okay well it’s in the garage; out the back” I said slowly.

“See you later” She waved to Dad as Jake and I lead the way. We walked into our garage; I saw Bella was looking around, taking everything in, she’s never been in here before.

“What kind of Volkswagen is it?” Bella asked looking over Jacob’s nearly finished car.

“It’s an old Rabbit; 1986, a classic” Jake replied.

“How’s it going?” Bells asked.

“Nearly finished” I said cheerfully.

“Yeah Dad made good on his promise last spring” Jake said lowing his voice; he didn’t want to upset me or Bella.

“Ah” Bell whispered looking at the ground; we all knew no one wanted to talk about what had happened then or who was involved. Jake had to find that out the hard way; he tried to get me to talk about Jasper and the break up but I snapped at him, he quickly learnt not to push people.

“Do you two know anything about motorbikes?” Bella asked looking between us.

“A bit; our friend Embry has a dirt bike that we sometimes work on with him” I answered.

“Why?” Jacob asked with interest; I was interested too, I didn’t get why Bella of all people would be asking us about motorbikes.

“Well… I recently found a couple of bikes. They’re not in the greatest condition, so I was wondering if you two could get them running?” Bella explained to us; Jake and I looked over at each other. Most people found it weird how we could communicate by just looking at each other; we just know what the other was thinking.

“Sure we could” Jake answered for the both of us; we were always up for a challenge.

“The thing is that Charlie doesn’t really approve of motorbikes; so you can’t tell Billy” Bella told us the only rule; a rule that Jake and I could follow.

“Sure, sure; we understand” Jake and I said at the same time.

“That’s so weird” Bella whispered.

“You get used to it” We said at the same time again.

“I’ll pay you two” Bells offered.

“No!” We exclaimed frowning.

“We want to help; you can’t pay us” Jake said.

“Well… How about a trade then? I have two bikes but I only need one and lessons. So I’ll give you two the other bike if you teach me?” Bella offered.

“Sweet” Jake and I said high fiving each other.

“So when will you drop them off?” I asked looking over at Bella who had a guilty look on her face.

“Well their kind of in my truck” She told us looking at the ground.

“That’s even better!” Jacob grinned.

“Let’s go get them then” I said walking back outside with Jake following me.

“Wait won’t Billy see us” Bella said worrying about being caught.

“Then we’ll be sneaky” Jake said smiling as we made out way around our house; we got the bikes out of Bella’s truck as quietly as we could, we rolled them into our garage quickly.

“Their both actually in pretty good condition” I said looking over the two motorbikes that were standing in front of me.

“Yeah it shouldn’t take us that long to fix them up when we get all the parts” Jake said also looking the bikes over.