Dark Temptation...A Twisted Romance

Chapter Eighteen…Dangerous Contact

Lydia laid sprawled across the bed reading, her eyes almost closed with sleepiness. She'd been reading all day since Ville had left with business. Bam was lingering around downstairs, she knew, playing video games on the big screen TV. She could hear the screams of goblins being mutilated through the floor. She starting to get use to him though, she had a feeling that Ville had asked him to stay in the main house just so she would.

Just as the letters on the page was melting again, a knock on the door brought her out of the daze. She yawned and called out, saying it was alright for Bam to come in, wondering what he had to say. He peeped in before parading in the room. Lydia frowned noticing that he had something long and black swinging behind him, wait, it a…

"What the hell is that?" She asked, looking up and getting a closer look. It was coming from the base of his spine and peeked out the back of his baggy jeans. Bam laughed and lifted up his shirt, so she saw that the tail, which what it defiantly was, was coming right out of his skin.

"It’s just my tail, isn't it cool?" Lydia made a slight face at him and went on to keep looking at it. She was tempeted it touch it, but also afraid he might take it the wrong way.

"I guess, it's pretty." And it was, it was jet black and the fur looked very soft.

"Wanna pet it?" Lydia looked up at his smirking face, she did but she didn't after seeing his expression. She sat back on her knees and cleared her throat.

"No thanks, why did you come?" Bam looked surprised, he put his shirt down and she noticed that he had a lot of tattoos.

"Oh, that's right…well I just was wondering if you were getting bored or lonely up here all by yourself…" His blue eyes grew big and Lydia shook her head, he was lonely! Of course, he was a pack animal, he wanted to have company.

"That's a nice thought, um, I guess I could use company." She shrugged. Bam's eyes grew wider with his excitement. His tail waged and suddenly she was alarmed as something under his beanie hat moved. She touched her own head and a look of puzzlement told Bam that she'd noticed something else about him.

"Oh, my ears?" He took his hat off, the first time she'd seen him without one, to relive a head of shaggy tight dark brown curls, (cut a few inches above his neck) and two scruffy black wolf ears placed a little below the crown on each side of his head. He had no human ears. It was very strange, yet they gave him an almost innocent animal look. Lydia did have the overwhelming urge to explore him. He was a real werewolf! How many times in your life would you get to pet one? She smiled and reached out her hand slowly, to touch his right ear. Bam sat on the edge of the bed and moved closer so she could reach him more easily. Her skin shivered when her finger tips brushed against the soft fur. She knew, just like she did with Ville, that he wasn't like her. No, not at all. Bam seemed to enjoy her touch, closing his eyes and sighing as she went on to softly pet the other one in slight amazement. When she was done, she was nearly shaking, culture shock getting to her again. She sat back on her knees and pulled her hair, working it between her fingers nervously.

Bam hadn't been petted in a long time. At first, Bam didn't like Lydia. Sure he would eat her, but she was human and human pets are always too complex. Yet now, since he had been interluded to her, seen how sweet and succulent she was…he wanted to play with her. Bam hadn't been running in so many moons, he'd forgotten. It'd be nice to take Lydia on a run, she liked his wolf side. Unlike most humans, she found him beautiful instead of terrifying or ugly. He was now completely devoted and loyal to her, where ever she went, he would fallow.

Bam watched Lydia in distress and he hung his head as he tired to think of something to cheer her up. He slide across the bed so he was right beside her and he brushed her face with the fluffy feathered tip of his tail. She giggled, rubbing her nose.

"Why are you upset? Was it something I said?" He asked, choosing his words carefully as he did not use them often. Lydia smoothed her now braided mass of hair back over her shoulder and cross her calf's, resting her chin on her knee.

"No, it's just…this place, this world…it's so different from everything I know and for that very reason I love it, but it also still frightens me." Bam nodded and tried not to show his excitement too much she she started to caress his tail. Lydia almost wanted to gasp at how lovely it felt, the thick, silky fur slipping through her fingers. Bam still couldn't stop his tongue from popping out of the corner of his mouth as he lent his head into his shoulder and whined. Lydia glanced at him and laughed, she stopped petting him and he gave her another pitiful look.

"Well how do I know you're not enjoying this too much?" She pressed, raising an eyebrow. Bam smirked and leaned into her, flicking his tail across her neck.

"But I am!" Lydia rolled her eyes and pushed him off the bed.

"Dogs go outside now!" She said, trying to hid her smile as she stood and went on to push him towards the door.

"Oh come on, I'm cute!" He squealed as she closed the door in his face.

"Yes, but you're fury too!" she called through the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha, no Ville in this one *wah* but it was still fun to write. I really love how Lydia's character is growing. And Bam as a werewolf is something I do a lot but it's just so damn fun.