Dark Temptation...A Twisted Romance

Chapter Eight...Rules

Ville got up from the bed, Lydia's eyes fallowed him as he went to the wardrobe and pulled out a long black dress with a red rose floral pattern. It was made from velvet, satin, and lace. He tossed it at her.

"You don't have to wear that one but I would like it if you would," Ville smiled, Lydia picked up the dress. It was beautiful and her size, 16. She raised an eyebrow. He chuckled.

"I like my woman with meat on their bones, what can I say? Slender is graceful, but curves are sensual. I knew that most likely any woman who'd be staying here would be a large." He explained, Lydia looked over the dress, running her hands along the fabric.

"I'll wear it, it's beautiful." Ville sat on the edge of the bed,

"You'll look amazing in it, you'll find make up and every other thing a woman would want or need behind the mirror in the bathroom. You'll also find a tooth brush and such. Remember this is your home now and that you can go anywhere you like here and your welcome to anything in the kitchen. I'm not sure if you watch T.V or not but downstairs the sitting room across from the main room has one in the behind the closet doors. The kitchen is filled with food and once a month I have it delivered here, all of it's organic and farm raised, you can make a list of any food you want if you like. If there is ever anything you want you just have to call, here," he pulled out a sleek black cell phone and opened it, "Bam is my personal assistant, you'll find be able to contact him by pressing this number," he showed her a small green button marked 2, next to it where 1, 3 and 4. " He's a little crazy but he gets the job done. He can also drive you anywhere you like at anytime, he lives just down the road. If you need to call me for any reason press the 1. 3 is the police and 4 is the fire station but you can always reprogram those if you wish. " Lydia had never had a cell phone before and she was slightly scared of it, she didn't want to break it.

"Um, thanks," than the reality of her situation really hit her, she never had to worry again. Basically she would be fed, clothed and hopefully loved. But…she still wondered…

"Um, Ville?"

"Yes, sweetest?"

"I've been wondering….do….do you age?" Ville's face went cold again, Lydia's heart dropped. What would happen when she got old?

"No, I hadn't aged a day since twenty years ago, by what I figure I should be almost fifty. The oldest of my kind I've met was over hundred and still looked young. As far as I know we can die from natural causes like disease, cancer and from mortal wounds but I don't think we can die of old age."

"What happens when I grow old and you stay the same?" She almost held her breath, surly he wouldn't want to feed off her when she was all wrinkly. Ville's face softened, he reached out his hand and caressed her cheek.

"Sweetheart, that is really up to you. There is something I could do to keep you from aging but it does not keep you from dying. It also entitles you to stay with me until you die once it's been done or you will age all at once and…it's complex…You need to really think on it and I don’t think we are any where near ready to even think about it yet. You're not even sixteen, yet."

"How do you know that?" She frowned, she had not told him how old she was.

"You caught me, I do have some…supernatural powers…but because I have sworn an oath to my kind I can not tell you much unless we've been bounded, life-partners. What I just talked about. Other wise it might risk our existence in peace. But I'll say I can to a degree, read your thoughts." Lydia didn't like that fact at all and she didn't like the fact there was still so much about him she didn't know.

"I hate rules…" she shook her head. "So, I'm just suppose to live with you day by day and maybe a few years from now deiced officially if I'm going to link my life to you and stay youthful?" Ville nodded,

"Yes, it's a fairly sweet deal if you ask me, but again its all up to you. Now you know most of it you can always say you want to leave and I'll have Bam drive you anywhere you want, I'll even give you some money to get you started…." His face darkened, "You know what I'd prefer your choice be." Lydia leaned over and kissed him softly, she felt a tightening in her gut. Did she already love him? Did she even know what love was?

"I told you that I'll stay…but you're right, I will have to think about the other thing…" Ville's devilish smirk returned.

"No rush, darling, no rush at all," he glanced at the grandfather clock, "Oh shit!" he stood up quickly.

"You have to be somewhere?" He nodded, opening a dresser drawer and pulling out some clothes. He dressed in all black, and Lydia wondered if he ever wore another color. He did look good it in, but, she smiled to herself as she watched him tie his boots, he'd look good in a potato sack.

"Where? I thought you said you mostly stay here?"

"What?" he looked up, his eyes sparkled, "Will you miss me?" Lydia couldn't not blush. He laughed, "I do usually, but…all this month I have to meet with some friends. It's only every five months and it's never longer than two or three hours. None the less if anything happens you can still call me and I'll be back here in no time. If it's not that serious don't worry about calling Bam, he already knows about you and he's paid well." He sighed and stood again. "Is there anything else?" he asked himself, "Oh yes! Do you like cats?"

"Yes," Lydia remembered her grandmother had a cat named Fizel. She missed that cat even though she couldn't remember him very well. She loved animals period but cats were defiantly her favorite.

"Oh good," He pulled on a velvet coat, and leaned down to kiss her good bye.

"Wait, you're getting a cat?" He just smiled down at her and tapped her nose with his finger.

"You'll see, sweetheart. I'll be back soon, good bye." He blew her a last kiss before leaving the room.

She hoped the cat was black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that I disappeared. I will make this up to you all. Please, all of you go check out my newest story. Thank you all for being so rad.