Can It Be?

The Day When We First Felt This<3

Was she really alone or was it just her imagination? She heard everyone speak, but at the same time, nobody. As Bella walked home once again, she heard the same leaves of late autumn rustle behind her. The Jersey wind blew harshly, swaying her soft red locks. Her green eyes scanned the streets to find the only person that captivated her. His icy-blue orbs radiated that warmth that hers lacked. Maybe she wasn’t alone after all. He softly smiled down at her and stared into those sorrow-tinted eyes.
“Hello Bella.” His smooth honey voice filled her ears. The way he said her name drove her mad.
“Hi.” she replied meekly. Anthony was the only one that took the time to exchange words with her. As they stared into each others eyes, she could read him like a book: sincere, kind and oh, so gentle-hearted.
“Shall we go?” he put out his arm and she took it gracefully. A good five minutes of sweet silence and strolling filled the air, until Anthony broke the ice.
“Bella, wait a second. There’s something important I need to tell you.” his eyes gleamed with nerves. She felt a sudden surge throughout her body, weighing her down, especially in her chest.
“I’ve been holding on to this for a long time now. At first, I really didn’t think it was possible that this feeling would erupt in me like it did. It’s all I ever think about…it became, my obsession, my life my everything.
“Bella,” he held her hands in his, “I love you endlessly.”
How in the word can this be happening? Her, the simple girl nobody really liked, loved by a handsome gentleman…that was too good to be true. Now as warm tears ran down her flustered cheek, she looked into those eyes that always managed to make her day.
“Anthony” she let out softly, “I thought I would never get to say this…I love you too.” He smiled as salty tears fell angelically from his eyes. He embraced her tightly and smiled from ear to ear. This was certainly the best day ever.

A few days later…

Bella merrily skipped off to meet her new beloved boyfriend at his house. She was finally going to meet his mother, who he had been putting off for some time now.
At last, the house came into view. A sudden eruption of butterflies filled her stomach. She tried to calm down as she took the last steps to his front door. She rung the doorbell and a few seconds later a soft faced woman opened the door.
“May I help you?”
“Yes. I’m here to see Anthony,” The woman’s face dropped and a new look graced her face. It hung with a scandalous expression.
“How dare you ask for him?!” she screamed, frightening Bella to her wits end.
“He said he lived-”
“He’s dead!! How in the world can you say he told you this?” her face contorted like a mad woman’s. “You were sent here to mock me, right? Sent here by the neighbors to make me break? Well, that’s not going to happen little lady. I’m through with you and your jokes!” she slammed the door in Bella’s face, leaving her in breathless shock.
Anthony…dead? Now was she really alone, or was she just imagining it?…