Why Do They Have to Do It in the Room Next to Mine?!

Sometimes I Wanna Know If You Want Me.....

~ROXY POV~

I lay in the bed, my wrists felt like they were on fire. I tried to open my eyes, and it was all grey and fuzzy. I saw shapes moving about. I blinked a few times and my vision got better.

'Dad...?' I croaked and Gerard's face came into view.
'Hey baby... how you feeling?' he asked. I shrugged forced a smile.
'Crap...' I said eventually. 'I wanna come home with you and Frank.' I told him. He sighed.

'Okay. Well, I'm just gonna go ask the nurse, see if you can, okay?' Dad said, and then walked off.

Frank came up to my bed, and by this time I was able to move my hands a bit more. They didn't feel so bad now. I saw a drip up by the right side of my head. Morphine.

It was bad then, was it?

Was it just the pain in my arms that they were trying to hide, or was it something deeper.....

'Hey darling.' Frank said, kissing my forehead. I smiled.
'Hey... Dad says I can come home today, is that right?' I asked him hopefully.
'Might be able to. Might be able to, not for definite.' he said. I sighed and he looked up. 'Hey Gee.' he said. 'What did they say?' Frank asked.
'Yes! She can come home now!' he said happily. A nurse came over and took the drip out of my hand, and looked over my bed at me.
'Now... if you need to talk to anyone about anything, then... you know. Just talk to your dads or give us a ring, okay?' she said. I nodded. 'I'll give you a number that you can ring if we're engaged and if it's not something you want to talk to your dads about, okay?' she passed me a card that read:

Celine Williams Teenage Psychiatry
Need A Little Help From You Friends?
They Not There?

Give Celine A Call!

I nodded and then when the nurse went away, I rolled my eyes at my dads.
'How corny...' I said, passing them the card. Dad chuckled while Frank had a major fir of laughter.
'Frank!' Dad exclaimed. 'Please! Go on, go get in the car! I'll sign her out and bring her stuff.' Dad told Frank, and pointed him in the direction of the doors.

We signed out and I got my medication. When we got back into the car, Frank was still giggling, and when Dad started the car, he finally shut up.

When we got back, I flung myself on the sofa, switching the TV on.

Frank had bought me loads of food.... mm..... foooood.
'There you go babe. Eat it all!' he said. Then mumbled,' that tacky hospital food...'
'She's only been there a day Frank!' Dad grinned.

That night when I went to bed on my own, I saw the visions again of Frank and Dad, crying in the rain. It made me worry and panic that they didn't want me, that they were going to give me back to my horrible old family.

I tried to block the images out of my mind, tried to banish the thoughts from my head, but they stuck like glue.

I realized that in the hospital I was able to block them away because of all the noise and people always moving around. It was dark, quiet and motionless in my room. Even the dog wasn't snoring tonight, and I could not sleep.

I got up and went into their room in the end.

'Dad...' I said, poking his shoulder. He opened one eye.
'Oh, hey Roxy. What's up baby?' he asked, taking my hand.
'I can't sleep....' I shrugged.

He understood and let me get into bed next to him. Frank put his arm over Dad and stroked my hair. Cuddled up, warm and safe in his arms I felt okay. I drifted off to sleep soon after.

Don't Forget To Comment!! xx