Status: Haitus

Music Biz

Prologue

There I was, three signatures away from getting a record deal, and my phone rang.

Technically, that shouldn’t bother me; normally it wouldn’t. It’s the ring tone that bothers me. Julie had put the most revolting and inappropriate song as her ring tone. I swear I had put the phone on vibrate too, not the loudest ringer. Stupid phone.

Mr. Watson and Mr. Guthro just looked at each other. I couldn’t tell if it was a good look, or a bad look, but I knew that I’d be yelling at Julie when I got home.

“Please excuse me one moment,” I said to the men, and hurried from the conference room.

“What do you want Julie? I’m about to get this deal!” I exclaimed once I was outside the room.

“Sorry Dasha, but I wanted to know if you wanted to come to Paris with me,” Julie told me.

“Couldn’t you have waited until I got home?” I asked.

“No, because we’d need to leave right at three to get to the airport on time.”

“Well, I don’t want to go to Paris. Bring Maria with you, she's the fashion lover,” I said.

“Okay, bye,” Julie replied, hanging up.

“Sorry about that,” I said, sitting back down in my chair.

“That’s fine,” Mr. Watson said, glancing at the contract.

“We’ve decided that you deserve this contract,” Mr. Guthro announced. “We’ve looked up your history in this industry and others, and we believe that you have the potential to become an international star.”

My history in this industry and others. Shoot, he must mean the acting I did when I was twelve. I’ve always regretted my parents making me do that. I remember the contract ending when I was fifteen, and me immediately going to the mall, changing my hair and my style. I did not want to be forever tainted from that TV show.

“Thank you so much, Mr. Watson and Mr. Guthro,” I said, calmly on the outside, but inside I was freaking out.

“Well, if you’ll just read this, and sign here, we can assign you an agent, and get this album started!” Mr. Watson said, pushing the contract and a pen towards me.

I smiled at them, and started reading.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! What do y'all think?