Status: Haitus

Music Biz

Introducing Brandi Taylor

“Dasha! Get your butt out of bed or you’ll be late!” Julie yelled above the noise of the radio.

“Why?” I whined. “It’s going to be an awful day, I can tell already.”

“Just because this Brandi girl is going to be there doesn’t mean it’ll be terrible. I bet she’s really nice,” Julie said.

“And how would you know?” I asked.

Julie shrugged. “Well, now that you’re up, go get dressed. If you hurry, you might be relatively on time.”

“Yes, mother,” I hissed, rolling out of bed.
__

“Good morning, Dasha,” Margo said, as I walked past.

“’Morning Margo,” I said.

“Brandi’s in there, just to let you know. She doesn’t seem all that happy,” Margo informed me.

“Oh joy. Just what I need this morning. Unhappy recording engineers,” I replied.

“And who would you be?” a girl asked, as I walked over to my table.

“Dasha Raine, pleased to meet you,” I said politely.

“So you’re that witch who thinks she’s all that,” she sneered.

“Pardon?”

“You heard me. You think you’re all that just because you got a record deal. Well let me tell you. This album will fail. I will personally destroy your career, a second time.”

“Who the hell do you think you are? Coming in here, threatening me, telling me who I will or will not be?” I asked. Boy, this girl was terrible.

“I am Brandi Taylor. The Brandi Taylor. The one you will learn to hate, but everyone else will like.”

“Brandi Taylor? As in the girl I have to do a song with for my album?” I asked.

“The one and only,” she smirked.

I’m your biggest fan-

“Hello?” I said.

“Dasha? It’s Julie. Guess what?” she shrieked.

“What?” I asked.

“Francis asked me out!” she exclaimed.

“Really? That’s great!” I said.

“Yeah. So I heard some new recording engineer is going to be there today,” she said.

“Mhm. Not nice at all,” I told her, careful not to say anything that Brandi would be able to decipher as me talking about her.

“That sucks. Anyways, double date tonight? You and Darek, me and Francis?” Julile asked.

“Sure. I’ll call him later. I'll call you at lunch?”

“Sure. I’ll let Francis know you agreed,” she said.

“Sorry about that Brandi.”

“It’s ok, I’m used to it,” Brandi said.

“So, I suppose we should start recording soon?” I asked.

“Um, actually I want to apologize. I’m sort of going through a rough spot in my life, I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.”

“That’s fine. We all have our bad days. I supposed I could have not yelled back.”

“So yes, let’s work. If we’re lucky, we may be able to lay down at least the base track for a song,” she said.

“Awesome!” I said, grinning.

This was going to be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short again. I really need to work more on getting these longer.
And can you tell that I wasn't in the best of moods when I started this?