Status: Sorry I havn't updated it in a while......I forgot. But I'm back :-)

Hurricane Adam

The MFH

On the way to the MFH, a lot of things went through my mind, like, what were the other kids there like, and what if someone tries to adopt me? No, that probably wouldn't happen, I was seventeen, and usually people aren't going to adopt someone who's already so close to being an adult.
When we got there, I walked into the MFH, and they were all acting super nice like someone I knew had just died and they felt bad for me. They showed me to my room. They said I would have a room mate. They said he was really nice, but kind of shy at first, so to be patient with him. I set up my stuff and began my three month life at the MFH.
When I met my room mate, he was wearing baggy jeans that looked like they were going to fall off, a t-shirt with the DC logo on it. He also had Osiris shoes, and baseball cap that he was wearing sideways. He had earlobe length hair that was the perfect shade of brown, and blue eyes. He walked in, took one look at me, "Sup? My names Ricky, but I prefer Mr. Awesome. And let's set something straight right now, this side of the room, is mine. He took a long piece of painters tape and stuck it down the middle of the room. "Don't cross the line and we won't have a problem." he commanded. "Okay, I don't know what your problem is, but I'm not just going to sit here and follow your stupid rules. Your not the boss of me." I said. "Oh I think you'll get use to listening to me after a while." he said. "And what makes you think that?" I said. "What makes me think that is if you don't, I'll annoy you out of your mind until you do." he threatened. "Got it? Good." I sat there thinking err..I have to live in the same room as this guy? "Oh, by the way, your a jerk." I said. "It just warms my cold, cold heart when I hear people say things like that." he said sarcastically. "Oh, by the way, do you want to go out with me?" I just sat there and stared for a minute, "What?" I said feeling very shocked. "I like girls that hate me, but I've never met a person un-kind enough to actually say it to my face." Then I just sat there and tried to follow his logic but I couldn't. "Well?" he said. "No!" I said. "Why not?" he asked. "Because your a jerk and I've only known you for ten minutes, 'Mr. Awesome'." I said. Then he left to go skateboarding, and I decided to go to sleep.
The next morning when I woke up I was careful to be very quiet and make sure I didn't wake up Ricky, then I went downstairs to the cafeteria to eat breakfast. When got down there I got my breakfast, toast, and a muffin. Obviously I didn't know anyone so I sat by myself. Then I saw Ricky walk into the cafeteria and he didn't see me and went in the line to get his breakfast, but when he came back he saw me. He came over sat down just like I'd invited him or something. "Sup Mandy?" I was confused at first, and then remembered my fake name. "How do you know My name?" I asked. "I asked the cafeteria workers." he said. "So, why are you here anyway?" he asked. "I ran away from home." I said. "Well then why didn't they bring you back to your parents?" he asked. "Because they don't know who I am." I said. "They know your name." he argued. "That's my fake name my name is Malorie. Now will you leave me alone?" I said without realizing what I had just done. "Oh no." I whispered under my breathe." Then Ricky got up, "Well that sounds like something the MFH workers would like to know. I'd better go tell them." I quickly got up and grabbed him, "No you can't tell them, I can't go home! Please!" I said. "Well maybe I don't have to tell them if..." he said. "What do you want?" I asked. "You still don't want to go out with me?" he asked. When I didn't answer he started walking toward the workers, "Wait! Fine I'll go out with you."
That night, since I had to agree to go out with Ricky because he was blackmailing me, he took me to a restaurant across the street from the MFH. He had to ask the Foster care workers, and they said as long as we were back by eight. If we weren't, they were calling the police. So there we were at some Chinese restaurant that looked abandoned. The only things they had on the menu were things like sushi, and squid and all these other gross things so, I had water for dinner. And even the water didn't taste that good. "Yeah I'm kind of worried about getting food poisoning, so do you mind if we leave early?" Ricky asked. "I was about to say the same thing." I said.
When we got back to the MFH before we went inside, Ricky gave me a bracelet that said Ricky on it. "Thanks I guess.." I said kind of confused. "I read in a magazine that when you take a girl out on a date, your supposed to give her something. And that was the only thing I had that I didn't want." he said. "Your still a jerk." I said. "I know. Thanks." he said un-sarcastically. As in he actually meant it. Then we walked up to our room and I decided to go to sleep, I wasn't really tired, I just didn't really want to be awake.
The next morning when I woke up, Ricky wasn't there. I walked into the hallway and over to the elevator. I pushed the down button because the cafeteria was on the second floor and my room was on the fifth floor. One opened up and I listened to boring elevator music all the way through three floors. Then when I finally reached the cafeteria, I got my breakfast, and when I was walking to the table I usually sit at, and there was Ricky, sitting there waiting for me. I walked over and sat down and everyone was staring at us. "Why is everyone starring at us?" I asked. "Because everyone knows we're dating and their wondering why you like me." he explained.