Status: Short story, complete

Happy Tears

One.

Jessi’s POV

“Okay guys this is it, the party we have all been fucking waiting for!” Austin wrapped his arms around Faith and Kyle and grinned at everyone else in the room.

“Are you giving us a pep talk on partying? Cos Bello if you haven’t caught on by now you are stupid, we all know how to party!” Kyle said to him.

“Hells yeah we do!” I added for measure.

“No dudes, this is the party, the one were everything and anything could happen, right?” Austin asked.

“Fuck yeah! But can we get sorted already, people will be coming soon and we haven’t got any food or drink out,” Jonathan said.

“Wait! They are coming here?” Faith asked immediately sounding anxious.

“Yeah dudes, you have yet to throw a kick ass party, this is gonna be it!” Kent said grinning like a loon. I looked at Faith who was looking at me a little bit worried.

“What’s the worst that could happen?” I asked her. Her worried expression slowly changed and she grinned.

“Fuck it!” she said and grinned.

The guys cheered and jumped up.

“Right Faith and Jessi you are on food, we’ll go get the liquids,” Kyle announced.

“Sure,” I agreed and stood up, Faith and I walked the guys to the door and laughed as all six of them squeezed into Faith’s mini cooper.

“Right… food?” Faith asked me.

“I was thinking chips, dip and whatever else we have lurking in our cupboards,” I said as we walked towards our kitchen.

Faith and I lived together, with her Dad but he travelled a lot. I left home last year, I was sick of my parents, they never let me do anything, it took them a while but they still see me a lot, I still love my family, I just didn’t like living with them anymore.

I opened the cupboard we usually keep our junk food in and jumped back when half a dozen bags spilt onto the counter. Faith laughed behind me.

“Why do I get the impression that you and the guys planned this party?” I asked.

“Because we did, but originally it was gonna be at Caleb’s,” she said.

“Right, and what is the occasion?” I asked.

“Are you stupid?” she asked me laughing a little.

“My birthday isn’t for another few days,” I said.

“I know that, and the guys know that, this is just the beginning of your celebrations,” she smirked at me then started lifting bowls and stuff out to put the food in.

“You guys seriously planned a party for me?” I asked.

“Yeah! Why do you sound so unsure?” she asked me.

“I’m not, just surprised,” I said quickly.

“Okay, we better hurry up,” Faith grabbed a few bags of chips and started emptying them into the bowls. I helped her wondering what the rush was.

“We have to get dressed, before the guys get here,” she said once we’d put enough food out.

“What’s wrong with what I’m wearing now?” I asked.

“You are still in you PJs Jess,” Faith laughed at me.

“Fine… I’ll make an effort, for you,” I said.

She laughed at me as we made our way upstairs, she went into her room and I went into mine, I never usually worry about what I’m wearing so I picked a Misfits t-shirt and the first pair of jeans I saw then put some eyeliner on and fixed my hair. I was just about to leave my room when I heard the front door open and Kyle shout that they were back. I walked down the hall but stopped when Faith shouted my name.

I opened her door and stuck my head in.

“You can’t go downstairs yet,” she said grabbing my hand and pulling me inside.

“Why? I wana see what they bought!” I complained.

“No, you have to stay up here,” she said smiling apologetically.

“Why? What are you doing now?” I asked.

“Nothing, but please promise me you’ll stay up here? I won’t be long okay?” she asked.

“Can I wait in my own room?” I asked.

She laughed. “Of course, but promise me?”

“I promise I promise!”

She grinned at me and we left her room, she stood at the top of the stairs and waited until I went into my room. I sighed and sat down on my bed. A few moments later I heard Faith yell then everyone started laughing.

I wonder if I crept downstairs would they hear me… I heard more laughing then a bang, what the fuck were they doing?

I got up and opened my door but jumped back when I found Jonathan standing there smiling at me.

“Faith told me you’d try and sneak down so here I am here to make sure you don’t!” he said through a laugh.

“Damn her… and you,” I mumbled.

“Don’t worry you aren’t missing much,” he said and shrugged.

“KYLE FUCKING BURNS!” Faith yelled, Jonathan’s eyes widened and he chuckled, then we heard more banging and a yelp from Kyle.

“Definitely not missing much,” Jonathan said again.

“Whatever, what are they doing?” I asked.

“Nothing.”

“But all the shouting?” I asked.

“Nothing.”

“You won’t tell me?” I asked.

“Nope, it’ll spoil the surprise,” he said.

“Well it’s kinda obvious, you must be decorating for the party,” I said folding my arms across my chest and leaning against the door frame.

“Maybe,” Jonathan smiled at me, our eyes met and I smiled too.

To say I had a crush on J.Cook was an understatement I had been head over heels in love with him for about six years, we all grew up together, been best friends since we met, by we of course I mean myself, Faith and all the guys, they’d recently started a band too, I was sure they’d make it big.

“So can I come in or are we just gonna chill in the hallway?” he asked interrupting my thoughts.

“Sure,” I turned and walked back into my room, I sat down on my bed but Jonathan grabbed my shoulders and made me stand up.

“What?” I asked.

“I have a present for you, an early present,” he said quietly.

“Okay?”

“But first, if you don’t like it, you tell me okay? Don’t worry because I won’t mind,” he smiled nervously.

“Okay…” I said slowly.

He glanced around my room for a second then stepped closer to me, I thought he was just going to give me a hug, but I saw his face come closer to mine, then I felt his lips pressing against mine lightly. I froze under his touch, it all came as a shock and I didn’t know how to react. Jonathan moved his lips away from me, but rested his hands on my hips. He looked down at me and smiled. I smiled too and could feel myself blushing a little.

He must have wanted to see my reaction because his smile widened then he pressed his lips back against mine again, this time I was ready, I kissed him back and placed my hands on his chest as he pressed my body to his. Then I felt his tongue lightly graze my bottom lip, I opened my mouth straight away and let him explore my mouth, then shivered as our tongues brushed against one another’s.

It was heaven, and without a doubt the best kiss I had ever received. I didn’t plan on ever letting it end but I knew it would soon because we would both need to breath properly. So when he pulled away I half expected that to be it, but he rubbed our noses together then went back to kissing me, and before I knew it we were lying on my bed making out quite heavily. His hands roamed my body and snaked up under my t-shirt slightly. I ran my hands through his messy hair and tugged on it a little.

A few moments later we heard the door bell ring then the music started. Jonathan pulled away from me then stood up quickly.

“It’s time to party!” he said holding a hand out to me, I took it and he pulled me up, and led me to my door, but I pulled him back. He turned and gave me a puzzled look.

“What just happened?” I asked.

He smiled and stepped towards me, he ran his hands over my hair, probably fixing it and smiled softly.

“The other day I was feeling a little bit down, cos the girl I liked was having a bad day, so this girls best friend noticed and immediately guessed that I liked this girl, so she told me to go for it.” He said.

“So you did?” I asked.

“Yeah, and correct me if I’m wrong, but you like me too right?” he asked.

I blushed and nodded my head.

“Good, now lets go party.” He linked our fingers and led me out of the room and downstairs.

I was already grinning before we reached the front room but it widened and I seriously thought I might cry when I saw it.

There were banners and balloons stuck all over the walls and everyone stood around the room grinning at me, including Nicole, Alyssa and Beckz who must have arrived before we came down. Faith appeared a second later she looked at me then down at Jonathans hand in mine and grinned.

“Jessi!” Nicole shouted then stood up to give me a hug.

“You guys did this for me?” I asked once she released me.

“Well Faith and the guys did,” she answered.

“I love you guys!” I shouted.

“We love you too!” they all chorused back to me.

I turned and smiled at Jonathan. I was so close to letting the happy tears roll down my face, and when he pecked my lips they did. I heard Alyssa and Nicole aww, then Jonathan laughed at me.

“Don’t cry, not even happy tears!” he said wiping them away.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Jessi.
Happy birthday!
x