Beneath the skin there's some else's story

Charlie's P.O.V. 3

My shift has just ended and I was SO hungry. I swear I could have eaten an entire grocery store. I glanced at the clock. Marcia would be off work in two hours. I smiled; I was going to make dinner tonight. I drove to the grocery store and bought some coke, a bake-at-home pizza and some garlic bread.

I was standing in the kitchen with the pizza box in my hand trying to decipher how to use the stove.
“How do girls do this so easily?” I wondered aloud as I gave up and turned a bunch of knobs and put the pizza inside the oven. Setting the timer for forty five minutes I went and had a shower to get cleaned up from work.
The timer was going off noisily in the kitchen as I was just getting out of the shower.
“Sh**!” I exclaimed quickly wrapping a towel around my waist I ran from the washroom nearly wiping out on the slippery laminate floor. I quickly took the pizza out of the oven with the first thing I could find, my towel. “Owe, owe, owe.” I whimpered as I laid it on a hot pad on the table. I threw in the garlic bread and pulled on some clothes and looked around the house. I set the table and put the garlic bread on the table. I left the house and drove down to where Marcia worked. I was really hoping she would like all of it.

As I pulled into the Bar’s parking lot I still had ten minutes so I resolved to lean against the car and look casual. Something told me this was a bad idea. I was supposed to be Nick. Not some random caring considerate guy, But Nick. But another part of me knew that this was right, the part of me that wanted to protect her. I looked up as someone walked by, it was Marcia.
“Marcia!” I shouted, she turned around clearly surprised.
“Hey,” she said nervously “Is something wrong.” She asked as she got into the car. I shook my head, Damn, I’m screwing up again I thought at the confused bewildered look Marcia was giving me.
“I got a two hundred dollar bonus today.” I said trying to start safe conversation.
“Yeah, right” Marcia said skeptically as we pulled into our driveway. “Someone called for you today. Just before I left for work. Said something about how you didn’t just inherit the skin but had to be the person as well and how you were screwing up bad. It was really weird” She said tensing like she expected me to hurt her. Worry washed over me, only Eddie would be able to make contact with me.
“Oh.” I said trying to sound like it was no big deal as I smiled lightly, Marcia smiled uneasily in return and went into the house Marcia following me closely. Marcia looked around in shock as she saw the set table with food on it. Her legs literally gave out. I caught her shoulders quickly and steadied her. She turned to face me with pain and anger etched into her beautiful face.
“Why are you doing this to me? She begged “All I seem to be doing is waiting for you to snap again. Why?” she was pleading with me her face crumpled as she began to cry. I pulled her in closely and embraced her feeling wet spots begin to form on my shirt.
“Listen. I think I love you. I can’t treat something I love like s**t. I need to care. I am never going to hurt you again, even if it kills me.” I whispered into the dimply lit room. Marcia’s shaking sobs shook my body as well as hers breaking my heart. Love really is destructive. I thought ruefully. It’s strange; I’m going to get killed for not doing my job. KILLED. But it feels okay; maybe if I did do my job it would kill me anyways. My thoughts were simple but they still made no sense to me what so ever.

I had been a demon all of my like serving the Devil and making people miserable. This was the first time I had ever felt something for a person that I was trying to force into suicide. I had been watching Marcia and Nick for a while. I had killed their dreams and happiness and destroyed their love with alcohol. Suddenly something clicked. The incident. It had been my fault, how could I have even forgotten what I had did?
Marcia had been pregnant. Nick had loved her all his life but when the baby had died, been murdered by me, I had destroyed him. It was also around the time that I had started to feel something less than apathetic towards Marcia. That’s why I had forgotten, I hadn’t even wanted to think about what I had done to them.

Standing here with Marcia crying in my arms. It was the closest to feeling something in my entire life. Something other than wanting to kill and destroy. She had melted me out after almost a thousand years of living.
♠ ♠ ♠
yah xD