Beneath the skin there's some else's story

Charlie's P.O.V. 5

Marcia had been unconscious for almost twelve hours now and I was starting to get worried. I was holding her in my arms tightly rocking her back and forth. Her eyes fluttered open.
“Charlie, don’t.” she said her weak arms pushing against me weakly.
“No.” I said “You practically went into shock. I’m not letting go of you until you are calm not still freaking out and tense. I said tightening my embrace around her a little
“Let me go, why do you even care? You’ve just spent countless years trying to completely obliterate me and destroy my life.” She hissed beating her fists against my chest in anger. But I continued to hold her.
“Remember when I said that you had thawed me out? Well you really did.” I whispered trying to make my voice as soft and reassuring as I could.

If you peel away the armor is it too late to begin
Is there anybody hiding if you peel away the skin

“It’s just.” Marcia began searching for the words. “I had really thought he had forgotten, forgiven, and actually loved me again.” She whispered her voice desolate.
“I’m sorry.” I said “I meant it when I said I’d never hurt you again.” I leaned my cheek on the top of her head. She sighed
“The thing is I thought I had fallen in love with him all over again, but really all I did was fall in love with someone else in my boyfriend’s body.” She laughed at what she had said and I smiled slightly
“Well that seems pretty normal when I say I that I fell in love with someone I was trying to kill.” I said, Marcia smiled.
“We’re pretty screwed up.” She murmured as she eventually fell into a dreamless sleep in my arms.

We had spent almost a complete week in the hotel room never leaving and Marcia was going crazy. More often than not I’d have to sit on the bed restraining her from doing something crazy like jumping through the window.
“I need to get out of here.” She said for the billionth time. But I wasn’t paying attention. I could sense five people, demons, and I knew one of them was Eddie. Marcia looked at me and saw something was wrong.
“What?” she asked, I was starting to panic as the presences got closer and closer.
“You might just get you wish.” I said standing as I tried to decide what to do. They were so close and I planned on getting both of us out alive.
“Get behind me.” I said determined. Something that sounded like a million gun shots erupted from below us. “On my back, now.” I said as Marcia quickly scrambled onto my back confused as I began to run full on smashing us through the third story window. I hit the ground and started to run, Marcia was being jostled around as I ran but I couldn’t slow down.
“They’re following us.” She screamed into my ear, I flinched at the amount of panic in her voice. We were running across a huge four lane bridge over the ocean.
“Do you trust me?” I asked suddenly thinking of something that could save us.
“Yes.” Marcia whispered I bunched up my muscles and threw us over the tall iron railing flinging us into the air, and eventually the water. As we broke the surface Marcia gasped for air determinedly swimming for one of the large support pillars for the bridge which she clung to desperately. I came and held on next to her.
“We made it.” She said in disbelief “we actually made it.” She said again looking at me and saw my grime face. They were so close they were practically on top of us.
“Don’t be too happy quiet yet.” I said hearing shouting as people pointed at us.
“Oh,” Marcia said all of the happiness draining from her expression.
“There they are!” Eddie’s voice cried. He was helping them kill me. A loud bang crashed through the air as my mouth made a surprised ‘O’. Eddie had been right, human weapon could hurt me, kill me.
“No, no, Charlie. You can’t die. You’re a demon, you’re indestructible. You can’t just come into my life make it all better and leave again.” Marcia sobbed my brain was feeling fuzzy like listening to a station that had too much static interference. “I love you.” She whispered I smiled faintly as my grip on the pole began to fade. I was going to die
“They will kill you to, for loving me. But I love you, Marcia” I managed to say. Everything seemed to disappear, blend together. I was dead my last ‘I love you’ still fresh on my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
awe, now I feel bad about killing off Charlie, I finished writing it and was all like awe this is really depressing, I really liked that guy.