The Little Things That Count

Out side of your window.

Chapter 10 **How about I'm outside of your window?**

I wanted to just punch the glass and shatter his 'perfect' night. But I didnt, I didnt know what to say or do. I couldnt move. I wanted to run in there and stop him to beat him to the ground to knock some sense into him. I sunk to the ground and sat on the grass underneath the window. Tears filled my eyes, Tre had a bigger problem then I did, how was he sopossed to help me, when he couldnt handle himself.
I stood again next to Alyssa. Her worried eyes scanned my face. I looked in the window again trying to comprehend what I was watching. Tre sat there with some guys crowded around a table with lines and lines of white powder on it. I bit my lip,
*Tre's an addict. Way to go Liz, you have excellent 'friend picking' skills.*
Alyssa grabbed my shoulder and started leading me towards the driveway. I stared at her still in disbelief, how could she stand here so calm will Tre was in there getting high off his ass and ruining his life at the age of 14.
She sighed as if reading my thoughts. "I've tried to get him to stop, but he always just falls back into it. I just didnt want you to find out some other way, or have him show up totally out of it at your house."
I shook my head slowly. My brain wasnt functioning. Sure me and Alyssa had issues that maybe not alot of 13 year olds went through. But to have a friend around your age doing shit like that was a shocker. Even if I had only known him for a week, I thought Tre Puget was better than that.
As Alyssa dragged me back to her house numerous feelings ran through me. I was sad that he had chosen that habbit. Pissed off that no one had told me before because I'm sure the clones that sat at our table knew. Shocked that he could get away with it and still look so normal day to day. When we got to Alyssa's I sat with her on her steps in silence. I was staring off into the night the moon disappearing for moments behind white clouds.
Alyssa sighed and put her head in her hands. "You showed up at the right moment, well I see it that way, your here to help me stop him."
I bit my lip but nodded slowly. If there was a reason for me to have met Tre in that airport on that day. It was so I could help him, but at this moment I had no idea what I was gonna do.
Just then Alyssa's mom showed up at the front door.
"Girls why dont you come inside its 10:30"
I turned and tired to smile although under this situation I knew it would look more like a smirk. "I should really be getting home, thanks though." She smiled and nodded, Alyssa gave me a hug and I set off down the empty street. I was left alone with my thoughts..
*Way to go Liz you suck at picking friends.* I smirked to myself.
*Great even my conscience hates me. Spectacular.*

**I hate to be the one to bare the bad news.**