Status: Vacation leave, post in the next three days.

In the Band

Parents

After stuffing our faces with bread, what equaled a keg and a half of Mountain Dew, two salads and three burgers each (don't ask where we got all the Money.... only Dahlia knows) we all plopped down at the table on the RV, collectively checking our phones and searching for the one damned deck of cards that always seemed to escape our grasp.

"You okay Luce?" I asked my dearest little Lucy, closest friend, next thing to a sister. "You look kinda dead..." It was true, Lucy had a blank expression on her face, she stared at the phone in her hands like it was a mine, ready to go off at any second. "Lucy?"

Lucy looked up at me, snapping out of her reverie, and then turned to the back of the RV. "I'm... I've gotta go make a call." She shook her head and walked to the back of the RV. I sighed and sat back down on the couch, watching as Lucy closed the curtain to the back.

What was wrong with her? Was there something that she couldn't tell me? Lucy and I had been best friends for a long time, and this was just weird, she told me everything, even if it was about her home life, though she knew I felt awkward about that kind of stuff since I never knew my parents like some of the other guys.

Patrick never knew his parents, and Grady never knew his mother, and Anne Marie got adopted since her mother was a whore that moved to Amsterdam after she had Anne, and as for me? My mother left me with her sister so that she could go on her honey moon, but she never came back. My aunt ended up adopting me, but after a while, having a kid got to her, and she put me in an orphanage and moved to California.

What sucks the most, is that we're going back to New York, the start of it all for me, for a few concerts; which means a ton of old memories that I don't want are gonna come flooding back to me while I play and I'm going to space out and miss a few chords and then everyone's going to worry and then-

Lucy came out of the back room with her phone held a little bit away from her head, her expression was shocked, and she was staring straight at me. "My mom is coming to New York." Was all she said, and everything went silent in the RV, something that only happened when either Hell was freezing over, or parents were coming. Neither happened very often. "And she's bringing yours."