‹ Prequel: Live Lava Addaleigh
Status: Alive

Hi, Hello, I'm Mitchell Davis

o n e ;

“Hi, hello, I’m Mitchell Davis,” I said, staring at my camera. “Today, Addaleigh and I are going to the park to fly kites and get slushies. What a great day off from school this is.”

I looked over at her. “Sure as hell we are!” she yelled and then turned to me and kissed my cheek.

I blushed and then stood up, grabbing the camera. I turned it off and hoped that it saved. If not, I would have to redo it again. Addaleigh walked into the living room and grabbed her purse off the floor by the door and slipped on her shoes.

She was looking absolutely stunning today. I didn’t care how simply she dressed because I would usually come home to her wearing sweats and tank tops. The only times she dressed up fancy was when we went out to special places and our parents came to visit.

It had been about a year since we moved in together. She started going to the college with me, but different classes. She was going to be a designer; I was the photographer. School was full of stress, but we dealt with it and helped each other. Kyle and Haylei had moved into the city and were getting married in a month. I was happy to see that our best friends actually fell in love. Addaleigh’s sister had the baby a week after she moved in with me, so we were constantly taking care of her while Brock and Cassie went out. They also had moved closer to Cincinnati. When we did end up taking care of Emmalie, Addaleigh and I treated her like she was our own.

“Come on Mitchell,” Addaleigh said, snapping me out of my flashback of the last year.

I smiled and reached for her hand. I pulled the door shut behind us and led her to our car.

&&&

“Addaleigh, catch the wind,” I said to her as she tried (and failed) at getting the kite into the air. I sat the camera down on a picnic table and walked over to her. I helped her get it into the air. She didn’t complain or say a word about me helping her. She simply just let me help her.

“Thank you, Mitchell.” She smiled at me and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

I turned back to the camera and walked back to it, picking it up and watching her fly the kite. This was her favorite thing to do when the breeze picked up in the city. It was almost like a tradition. When the breeze came through, she’d be begging me to take her. I would always cave in and go. Her brown hair flowed air like it owned the air. The look on her face was calm and loving. She was quiet while she flew the kite. It must have been really relaxing for her. I stayed quiet while she did this, so there wasn’t any talking on the video – not a lot of editing for this one.

&&&

“Blue raspberry twisted with lime, please?” Addaleigh said to the young girl in the shack.

I stepped up. “And a strawberry twisted with lime, thank you.”

I grabbed out my wallet and paid the girl. I watched as Addaleigh reached for the two Styrofoam cups. She was so graceful and flawless.

“Here,” she spoke, taking a sip of it before she handed it to me.

I smiled and took it. “It’s only fair that I take a sip of yours.”

She giggled and leaned the cup over to me. I put my lips around the straw and sucked in. The flavors clashed and tasted so good. I closed my eyes and savored the moment. She took the cup away and I let her sip mine. I smiled as she gracefully pulled away from the cup and looked up at me. I looked at her and smiled.

I grabbed her hand and we walked back to the apartment.

I thought of all the things I had been through in the last year. I thought of all the good, all the bad, and most importantly, everything in between. I couldn’t stop thinking about how much I loved this girl. I had loved her all my life and I didn’t realize it until that one day that changed everything. I couldn’t imagine myself without her. If I would have stayed with Rae, I bet I would have been the most miserable person in the world.

“Mitchell, we should get home. Cassie and Brock were leaving Emmalie with us tonight.” Her face was serious. I didn’t want to compete with that.

“Right,” I said, almost in a mumble. “How stupid of me to forget.”

I kept taking sips of my slushie, avoiding her seriousness. I hated the moments before Emmalie came because Adda was always like this. She was afraid of messing up so bad that Cassie and Brock wouldn’t bring the baby ever again. Addaleigh had become this organized perfectionist. I didn’t mind. But it was starting to get on my nerves.

“That’s fine, Mitchy,” she said in her playful tone, kissing me on the cheek.

&&&

“We’ll be back tomorrow morning to get Em,” Cassie said, trying to get away before Addaleigh asked anymore questions.

I sighed and rocked Emmalie in my arms.

“See you then, sis,” Addaleigh called after her as the couple made their way back to their car.

She shut the door quietly and sighed.

“I wished for one day of quiet here, where you and I could be together and alone without interruptions. Did that work out?” She said, shaking her head.

“I did too. But we have the baby.” I smiled at Adda.

“That’s a hassle all in its self.” She sat down next to me on the couch and leaned her head on my shoulder.

“If you want, I can take care of Emma all night if you want me to.”

She shot me a look. “Are you sure, Mitchy? I really want to help out, you know. What’s it gonna be like if we ever have our own?”

I shrugged. “If you want, we can take care of her and hope she sleeps. Then I can take care of you.”

She smiled. “You’re such a sweetheart, Mitchell.”
♠ ♠ ♠
addaleigh's outfit.

i really don't like how short it is.
but you know what? it's an update. :)
better enjoy that while it lasts.
i won't be writing for a while.
sorry, loves. <3

-BREE