Must Be Something In The Water

Most Wanted

I made it home running up to my house. I pushed the door open and I cried for my mom.

"Mom, mom something happened!" I cried to her and ran into the living room.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

I skid to a stop.

"What are you doing here!" I pointed at the man sitting on the couch.

It was Mr. Blue the agent that talked to Keith and I. He jumped up and smiled.

"Glad you're here. Your mother and I was just talking." he said.

"Alexis, what's going on?" she asked.

I backed away from them and when I turned around. I saw two men in white biohazard suits.

"What is going on Blue?" I asked him slamming my front door back.

"Alexis have some respect to our guests." My mom said jumping up.

"Mom, that guy is a secret Agent." I said.

"I know." my mom said.

"You never believe me... wait you know?" I asked her.

There was knocking at the door.

"He's here to help you. He told me what happened. I'm sorry." my mom said holding my hand.

"What did he tell you?" I asked.

"You're going through changes caused by the parasites in the lake." he said.

"You mean the aliens?" I asked him.

"What are you talking about aliens?" my mom asked.

"Mom I swear there are aliens in the lake." I said.

"Remember what we talked about Ms. Lewis. Just make sure she knows you still care." he said.

"I care, honey I know there are many aliens in the lake." she said in a slow calm voice.

"Mom, you don't believe me. What did you tell her?" I asked.

"This is just a side effect once we give her some medicine she'll be fine." he said.

"I hope so." my mom said walking to the door.

"Mom what are you doing?" I asked her.

"You need help honey. Mr. Blue is going to help you. Please don't make this difficult." my mom said and pulled the door open.

The agents walked in for me. Every bad dream and nightmare possible just happened all in one for me. I had no one to trust not even my mother. I shook my head as they flooded inside of our house. I ran to the back door and saw that it was block crawling with them. Then I ran up stairs to my room. I looked out my window and saw that the whole front of my house was covered with agents, lights, and cars.

Someone knocked on my door.

"Alexis come on out this is mom." my mom said.

I sat in the corner and hugged my knees. I didn't want to go with the agents but where did I have to run? The only place I could think of. I opened my room door.

"Mom I'll go with them." I said to her.

"That's a good girl." she said and hugged me.

I followed Mr. Blue out of the house with the other agents. I planned my escape. Just then. A tentacle slipped from under my shirt and pushed Mr. Blue into the grass and the other two agents that held me. I ran away from them and made my way to the lake.

Cars followed me. I got off the street and leaped into a couple neighbors yards. I kept running. The pull to go into the lake was so strong that the faster I ran the slower time went. The cars seemed to stop and everything around me stopped. I made it to the lake and skid to a stop. I stared at the girls who circled the lake and then me.

"You're the One." my sister Aly said.

"Aly you've got to snap out of this." I said walking towards her.

"Just go into the lake." she said to me.

"I'm not going into that damn lake." I had to fight the urge to though.

"Well then we'll make you." the other girls said.

The circle got smaller and I found a gap and I squeezed through it and began running. I was too fast for them. There was no way they could catch me. Not while they were wobbling more than a three legged chair. I ran into the trees and hid behind a trunk and slid down it. I panted and smiled. I got away and I was safe from agents, and pregnant monsters. I heard the rustle of leaves and I jumped up and looked around. I still wasn't alone.