Must Be Something In The Water

Moonlight Lovers

I turned around again and saw a pair of glowing eyes. It was pretty dark.

"Leave me alone." I said.

"It's me." Keith said.

"Like I said before leave me alone!" I said to him.

He walked out and I saw him wearing a pair of jeans a tee shirt.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." he said.

"What's still over you." I said.

He grabbed my arm. I pulled it away.

"Alexis, don't be mad at me. Please, I couldn't control myself." he said.

"Where's the rest of your group?" I asked him.

"I'm not with them. After I saw you run away, I don't know something came over me and I stopped." he said holding his head.

"Are you sure this isn't a trick?" I asked him.

"I promise you it's not a trick. We've got to stop them." he said.

"How Keith? The pregnant girls want me, the possessed guys want me, and my mom called the ELA on me I have nowhere else to go." I said.

"You can come back with me. To my house." he said.

"What about Kevin?" I asked.

"They took Kevin, my parents aren't home. We'll have to think of something else to do to save them." Keith said.

"How are we going to save anyone?" I asked him.

"I don't know but standing around talking about it won't help. We can sneak back to my house no one will know." he said.

"You sure?" I asked him.

He nodded.

We sneaked back to his house. Staying in the darkness and away from strange cars helped. Keith closed and locked his fence back. We were in his backyard by the pool. Keith looked back at me. I hugged myself staring at the water as moonlight reflected off it. He seemed to stare at me for a long while before moving towards me.

"You okay? You want anything from inside of the house?" he asked me.

"I wish I knew how to stop all this." I said my eyes becoming watery.

"It's not your fault that aliens decided to crash into earth." he said.

"I know but I do wish I could've done things differently." I said.

"I think you're doing pretty okay as far as everything is going on." he said walking towards the pool.

"Keith, what really made you stop. Because I don't think seeing me running away did it." I said.

He looked back at me and then knelt by the pool.

"I don't know maybe, I started thinking about the past." he said to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked taking a seat next to him.

"The way we used to hang out together before all this weird stuff happened. It's like after that storm everyone's lost their damn minds including me." he said and leaned over placing his fingers into the water.

"We still hang out now." I said.

"Well... I want that to be more." he said.

"You mean like dating?" I asked him.

He pulled his finger tips away.

"Yeah, kind of... I don't know. I mean we've been friends for so long I didn't think you would want to do the whole dating thing." he said.

"I didn't know you liked me." I said grabbing a hold of a lock of my hair and twirling it in my finger.

"I liked you since I could remember, I just didn't think you'd like me back. I mean because I'm such a nerd and all." he said looking back at the water.

"Keith, you're not a nerd, anyway sometimes it's good to have a good conversation with someone who's not so dumb and bleek all the time. Like my sister's boyfriends." I said.

"Or my brother." he said.

We laughed and I smiled at him. He smiled back at me.

"So what about the town. Do we leave this to the ELA or they're not doing their job?" Keith asked.

"The ELA will probably partner up with the kids from our school and anyone else whose looking for me." I said.

"Should we skip town?" he asked.

"That's what they want me to do. I'm just so confused." I said and then looked back at Keith.

"Maybe if we sleep on it." he said to me.

I nodded and then I felt a weird feeling come towards me. I was falling for Keith which was both scary and exciting. I leaned into him a little bit and he seemed to know what was going on at least I hope he did. Our lips touched for a few seconds and I pulled away and looked at Keith. He turned red.

"Was that okay?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, it was okay." he said really quietly.

"Only my first kiss." I said and smiled.

He smiled back. "Not bad." he said and smiled back.

I could tell that our relationship was going to be a very awkward but good one.