Sequel: What Can I Say?
Status: Completed! : )

Black Keys

Its Not Me

Image Image

"Forget about this trip that you've been on, or so it seems, never mind the lies you told, my tears, every little thing you said and every little thing you did, you made me doubt all of this." - 3 Doors Down

Once again Melody was rudely awaken by her best friend.

"Get up!" Kay said pushing Melody's shoulder roughly.

"Go away. Its Saturday." Melody groaned moving away from Kay.

"I want to know what happened last night!" Kay said exasperated.

"Can't you wait?" Melody asked her eyes still closed in an effort to sleep.

"No. Now up!"

"Fine!" Melody finally yelled. She sat up and glared at Kay.

"Good. Now get dressed and meet me in the game room." Kay said with a smile.

Melody rolled her eyes in response to Kay. She didn't say anything as Kay threw her some clothes and then left the room. Melody didn't even care about the clothes she was wearing, she was that tired. She walked to the game room in a haze barely noticing the other kids that walked past her. Its a miracle she didn't fall asleep walking.

"Finally what took you so long!" Kay exclaimed the moment Melody walked into the room.

"I'm tied." Melody said as she yawned, proving her point.

"Well wake up! I want to know everything about last night!" Kay said excited, like always.

"Not now I can't think straight." Melody said as she collapsed onto a chair.

"Mel, I'm dying here!" Kay said dramatically.

"Man you are really annoying in the morning." Melody mumbled.

"Whatever." Kay said brushing the comment aside.

"He took me to Broadway." Melody said giving in to Kay's pestering.

"Really did you see a show?" Kay asked.

"No he had the whole place shut down so we were the only people there."

"Wow."

"I know. Then he took me backstage and we had some with the costumes and props." Melody revealed a big smile on her face. "And then he took me on stage. It was amazing, being on stage, I remembered all the times my mom took me there. then he played a song for me on the piano."

"Sounds really cool." Kay said genuinely excited for me.

"Yeah but then something happened that made everything awkward."

"What?" Kay asked intrigued.

"We kissed."

"No way!" Kay exclaimed. She looked like she had smelled something bad.

"Yeah?" Melody asked confused about her friends reaction.

"Well are you guys dating?" Kay asked, she lost her excitement and now looked like she didn't care at all.

"No." Melody said sadly. "Its kind of pointless he's leaving in a week."

"Good."

"Good?"

"I mean that's bad for you but good at the same time. Now you won't get attached." Kay said quickly covering her mistake.

"Right. I'm going to go get some breakfast." Melody slowly said getting up from the chair she had been lounging in. Kay didn't answer, she just turn away from Melody.

*************************************************************************

Nick was having a similar morning as Melody. His brothers kept pestering him about why he was always gone. After he showed them the song he finished they knew it had to be about the girl he was gushing about.

"So when do we get to meet her?" Joe asked again for the millionth time.

"I don't know." Nick said taking another bite of his bagel. "And if you ask again you're never going to meet her."

"You're no fun." Joe said pouting.

"Whatever." Nick mumbled.

"Why are you in such a bad mood?" Joe asked.

"I'm not." In fact Nick was in a bad mood, he thought it was just his diabetes. In reality it probably had to do with not being able to see Melody today.After seeing her every night for days he was going through withdrawals. She was like a drug to him.

"I'm going to go watch TV. Get over your bad mood." Joe said. He walked over to the couch and jumped on it.

Nick decided a nice walk might help with his mood.

"I'm going on a walk. I'll be back later." He said as he slipped on his shoes and grabbed his jacket.

"Alright." Joe said his attention on the cartoon he was watching.

Nick walked out of the hotel as soon as he was outside he walked down the crowded street on a mission. He was first going to see if Melody worked today, if she wasn't he was going to walk to her apartment building. He quickly found the little music shop he was looking for ten blocks later. He saw the other girl at the counter flipping through a magazine a bored expression on her face. She looked up when he walked in, a surprised look crossing her features.

"Melody's not here." She said assuming that's why he was there.

"Is she working today?" Nick asked. He leaned against the counter waiting for the girls answer.

"No. She doesn't work again until Monday."

"OK thanks." Nick said smiling at the girl. She smiled back and blushed.

Nick walked out of the shop and walked in the direction of Melody's building. He passed the time on this very long walk by humming to himself. He was excited to see Melody again, his mood had increased to exited. Sooner then he expected Nick was walking up the steps to Melody's building. He went straight to the front desk, but then realized he didn't know Melody's last name.

"Can I help you?" The door man asked.

"Yeah. I'm looking for a girl named Melody." Nick said rubbing the back of his neck.

"I don't know any one by that name." The door man said. "Do you know her last name?"

"No. She's a little shorter then me, long dark hair, and bright blue eyes." Nick said describing her.

"I've seen her but she doesn't live in this building."

"But she has to." Nick protested.

"No. She lives in down the alley."

Nick was so confused, he thought Melody lived here.

"Right. Thank you." He said before walking back to the busy New York streets. He walked to the side of the building and saw a brick building at the end. He looked around him and saw how sketchy the alley looked.

"Nick?" Nick looked around and saw Kay standing behind him.

"Hey Kay."

"What are you doing here?" Kay asked. She held bags in her hands and a coffee.

"I was looking for Melody." Nick said. "She said she lived in there." Nick said pointing at the building he had just exited.

"Did she?" Kay asked a smirk on her make up caked face.

"Yeah?" Nick asked cautiously.

"Well she was lying. She lives down there in the orphanage." Kay said indicating the run down building at the end of the ally.

Nick looked at the building not believing what he was hearing. Melody had lied to him, what else had she lied about? Nick wasn't sure. He looked back at Kay, she was smiling satisfied.

"You don't to be with a liar do you?" Kay asked.

Nick opened his mouth to respond but he was interrupted.

"Nick?" A familiar voice asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of like this chapter. Big stuff is going to happen! I'm sure you can all guess what's going to happen next, but you should still comment and give me your guesses.

Alright, so i know I already said stuff about my twitter (@mylifeismusic26), but I need to say this again. Follow me if you want to know whats going on with this story. I always say when I'm going to add a new chapter and even talk about what's going on in the chapter. If you are following me or decide to follow me tell me on here or on twitter. Besides the story stuff my tweets are kind of funny and random, and I always talk about the Jonas Brothers.
: )