‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 10 Where do I go from here?

Jaslene had now been at Mikey's parents house for a few days and had begun to settle in, Mikey was learning new things everyday and his mother had been a big help, he began to wonder how he was going to cope when away on tour and started to think if maybe he had made the wrong decision in going on tour.

After talking to Gerard and getting some advise, Gerard's words of wisdom were to take it one day at a time, Jaslene wasn't aware yet that she would be going away and Mikey knew he would have to talk to her and explain what was going to happen and that for the next month she would be calling a tour bus her home.

Mikey was thoroughly excited to be going on the tour with the boys and was looking forward to them finally meeting Jaslene, he was glad that they were all being supportive of his decision whether they agreed with what he had done or not.

Waking up one morning Mikey could hear his bedroom door open and feel movement on his bed, slowly opening his eyes hey saw Jaslene's clutching her teddy bear and staring at him "Mikey Can I sleep here?" she whispered "Sure Jas" Mikey replied as he lifted the blankets where Jaslene crawled under and snuggled in to Mikey.

As Jaslene fell asleep Mikey cradled her in his arms where he watched her sleep, slowly his eyes became heavy and he nodded off as well. A couple of hours had passed and Donna was awake, looking in on Jaslene she saw that she wasn't in her bed nor in front of the TV, walking to Mikey's room she opened the door where she found Mikey and Jaslene snuggled in together, thinking it was too good of an opportunity, Donna crept away and grabbed her digital camera which was in the lounge area, going back she took the photo of both of them fast asleep, she knew that Mikey would appreciate a photo like this as it would be of sentimental value to him.

Eventually both woke up and it was well after 10 am Mikey knew that today he would need to tell Jaslene that in a couple of days she would be going on a big holiday, he hoped she liked his surprise but if that didn't work he had already been shopping and bought her a charm bracelet which he knew would definitely be a surprise for her.

Jaslene was rather excited to be living with Mikey as a four year old she didn't really understand why none of her family were never coming back besides that they were in heaven and they would always watch over her. Today finally Jaslene would also meet Gerard, she knew of him as Mikey's big brother and that was it and that he was in a band that played music.

After having some lunch Mikey spoke to Jaslene and told her that they would be going away for a month, Jaslene became very excited and started to run around the house it was like she'd had to much sugar and she needed to release her energy.

Finally catching up to her Mikey scooped her up in his arms where he started to tickle her belly which made Jaslene squeal and giggle even more. Constantly wriggling Mikey had to put her down he had never seen a child so hyperactive though it did remind him of Frank.

Gerard finally arrived home to find a 4 year old jumping on his bed and laughing. "Hello" he replied Jaslene stopped dead in her tracks not wanting to say anything Gerard looked at her wondering why she wasn't saying anything, rather Jaslene just stood there looking at Gerard wondering if she was going to get in any trouble.

Gerard walked out and went and found Mikey who was on his SideKick.
"Yo Mikes...I have a visitor in my room jumping on my bed...and now she's just standing there looking at me" "Gee that's Jaslene"
"Duh Mikey...I know that but she doesn't know who I am" Gerard replied with a laugh Mikey got up and followed Gerard to Gerard's room where Jaslene had continued to jump on Gerard’s bed after he had left, she saw Mikey and started to laugh. "Mikey Mikey come jump with me" she squealed
"Jaslene...Stop jumping please" Mikey said with a straight voice
Automatically she stopped and looked at Mikey with a frown on her face, Slowly she hoped off the bed and stood there quietly.
Looking up at Mikey she whispered “Am I in trouble Mikey?”
“No Jas your not...This is my brother Gerard...Do you remember me telling you about him?”
Jaslene nodded her head and looked towards Gerard and replied “Hi”

Gerard knelt down “Hi Jaslene I hear your coming on tour with us...Has Mikey explained what that means?”
Jaslene didnt know what to say so instead she walked up to Mikey and placed her hand in his. Gerard though this was weird but then understood she didnt know who he was and she was most probably shy.

The rest of the day went a long peace fully Jaslene had a nap in the afternoon and once she was up she woke up grumpy and crying, Donna decided to look after her as Mikey was unsure of what to do, Donna wasnt worried about Jaslene going on tour as she knew she would be in good care she just wondered how her youngest son would cope as never being a parent before and the only support he would have would be from his band mates and tour manager in which non of them had every raised a child before.

While Donna looked after Jaslene and kept her amused Mikey was sure to pack Jaslene’s bags for the coming tour and made sure that she had more then enough stuff to keep her amused with.

Tomorrow was a new day and only then would Mikey really know what it would be like to be a real parent where he would finally be the responsible adult looking after a 4 year old little girl.

(A/N - Sorry if the story is a little slow, I promise the next few chapters will be very interesting, I felt I had to write the other chapter’s so everyone could get an understanding of Jaslene, and how Mikey is slowly evolving after the death of Sienna - Hope you keep reading and enjoy)