‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 12 Can it only get better

So far Mikey was at peace and Jaslene had settled in very quickly to life on a tour bus, Though she did have the knack to want to listen to the wiggles everyday and if that didnt happen she at least wanted to watch the DVD then which drove Gerard insane and just made everyone else laugh at the tantrum he would pull in front of Mikey.

Jaslene had bonded well with Frank she loved joining in on his pranks that he would pull on everyone, One thing that Jaslene didnt understand was that if Frank was busted he would dob and say it was Jaslene as he was sure she would get away with it in which she did.

Jaslene was still scared of Bob but she had taken a liking to his drum sticks in which she would use to bang on everything...As a peace offering Bob ended up giving them to her which she liked but rather then thanking him she ran off.

While MCR performed Jaslene would sleep there was always some one on the bus at all times to make sure she was ok.
After performing on night Mikey checked on her and kissed her softly on the forehead - he knew he had made the right decision in taking her in to his care, he hoped soon that he would be able to tell her about Sienna and what she was like as a person as Jaslene got older.

Getting in to his own bunk Mikey curled up and wrapped the blankets around his body and fell asleep.

During the middle of the night Mikey awoke with a fright, he had been dreaming about Sienna as though it was like she was a zombie wanting to take Mikey to hell with her, Wiping the beads of sweat off of his forehead Mikey got up and checked on Jaslene who was still fast sleep, looking at his side kick it was already 5am

He knew there was no point in going back to sleep as Jaslene would be awake shortly. It was like Jaslene had and in build alarm as at precisely 6am she awoke, walking in the lounge type area of the bus and slumped on the sofa looking at Mikey who was sipping his cup of coffee.

Jaslene crinkled her nose and spoke “Mikey...I’m hungry”
“Bubs what do you want....Toast?”
“Yeh...toast and jam” Jaslene replied

Mikey got up and made toast (which he didnt burn) and cut it in to little squares after spreading the jam on, Jaslene sat quietly and ate, While Mikey continued to drink his coffee.

After finishing her toast Jaslene was becoming restless she was bored and more then anything all she wanted to do was play but her beloved Frankie wasnt yet away.
“Mikey...Are you my new Daddy?” Jaslene asked out of the blue

Mikey looked towards her and smiled “Argh Jaslene...um...Do you want me to be your new Daddy?”

Jaslene looked up at Mikey who was standing and waiting for Jaslene to reply “Do you think my other Daddy will mind?”
“Bub’s I think your Daddy would be very happy he will always love you and will always watch over you”
“Mikey will you be my new Daddy?” Jaslene said in a serious tone
“Of course I will” he replied picking Jaslene up and tickling her on her belly which made her laugh into a fit of giggles but also woke up the rest of the band.
“Mikey when can I start calling you Daddy?”
“When ever you like”
“Ok Daddy” Jaslene said with a smile

Mikey couldn’t believe what had just happened a little girl had come in to his life who bore the exact resemblance of his dead wife, and now wanted to call him Daddy, Mikey never once in his life thought that after Sienna died he would find love again and he had with a four year old who he would do anything for.

Jaslene saw that Frank was up “Fankie your awake come play pleaaassseeeee” she said jumping up and down
“Maybe later Jas”
“Awwww, Where is Gee-ard??”
“I’m here” Gerard replied groggily “What time is it?”
“It’s just after 6am” Mikey replied with a cheesy grin which he was sure to piss his brother off if anything Mikey was well aware that Gerard wasnt an early riser.
Gerard shot an evil glare then looked over to Jaslene who was standing in front of him
“And what can I do for you Kiddo?”
“Gee-ard will you play with me?”
“How bout I wake up and then yes we can play some games but no wiggles today...We can make our own fun like drawing?”
“Yeh” Jaslene replied as she put her hand in the air

Jaslene walked back over to Mikey who was sitting on the sofa just watching what everyone else was doing, crawling in to his lap and still in her PJ’s Jaslene sat there just watching as well.
“Daddy stop tickling me” Jaslene said giggling

Everyone else looked up at what Jaslene had just said, Mikey just gave then a look as if to say WHAT?

The rest of the bus ride was uneventful, Gerard hadn’t liked what he had heard when Jaslene had called Mikey Daddy it wasnt that he didnt like the kid, he just didnt want Mikey to get hurt once Jaslene was taken away if she was. Gerard was sure he would have to talk to Mikey and that was what he was going to do, he just needed to find the time.