‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 18 In the zone

Jaslene had now been missing for 24 hours, the police had decided not yet to let the media in on what was happening as they were thinking that was what the kidnappers would want, they had also found out who Abby was her name was Abby Curtis, she was 26 years old and worked on the road always setting up tours for festivals, like Warped Tour, Taste of Chaos, Ozzfest etc.

Abby had been in Texas for awhile and Jaslene was awake she was excited to see Abby but didnt understand why Mikey wasnt there, Abby tried to explain that they were taking a little holiday and that it was a secret from Mikey, Saying that made Jaslene cry she wanted to go back to her Daddy.

“Jaslene...Shh it will be ok..I promise we will have fun and we can eat as much ice cream as you want” Abby said with a warm smile

Jaslene looked up at Abby with the tears now drying up and spoke “Abby I’d like ice cream”
“That’s my girl” Abby whispered

Mikey was still beside himself as there had been no phone calls from the kidnappers and Mikey was so worried about Jaslene that he was going out of his mind, he wanted to pull his hair out, as he continued to think he started to think that being on tour was a bad idea and that he was being punished for doing so. Inside he was feeling guilty he loved Jaslene more then he ever felt possible and not having her there and not knowing if she was ok was tearing him apart.

Everyone could see Mikey’s reaction and they were just as scared as him, they couldn’t believe that there was such a sicko out there that would prey on a woman and a child...They were especially concerned about Jaslene but also about Abby as they didnt know that she was the one that had taken Jaslene and they felt bad for her as she had been assumed to be Jaslene’s mother. What made it worse for everyone was the fact that Jaslene had not too long ago lost her parents and now she was the victim of a kidnapping.

Mikey continued to wait for a phone call and as 24 hours passed in to 48 hours, he had still had no sleep and was just living off the caffeine, the police at the moment had no leads and honestly didnt know where to start, there where whispers already going around that if it was a kidnapping they should have received a ransom call by now but yet had heard nothing...The police were at a loss as to where to look as no one had seen anything nor heard anything and the last anyone had seen was Abby walking on the bus to look after Jaslene.

Back in Texas jaslene was slowly settling in but would constantly ask when she could call Mikey, in which Abby was getting a little annoyed she actually wanted her to shut up she thought raising a child would be more simple not someone constantly asking questions, Abby’s thoughts went to her dark secret which she had kept hidden for so long, the last thing she needed was for it to come out, her thoughts were distracted when she heard aloud scream.

Running in to the kitchen where she knew Jaslene was she saw Jaslene standing on a chair screaming her little lungs out “Jaslene what’s wrong”
“There was a spider” she yelped
“Honey it’s gone now, Everything will be ok” Abby replied picking Jaslene and holding her tight

Jaslene started to squirm and wriggled out of Abby’s grasp
“Abby...when can I talk to Daddy?”

Abby stared at her “Jaslene I have already told you...you cant Daddy doesn’t know you have gone a way it’s a secret..IF you can keep this secret it shows your becoming a big girl” Abby replied trying to manipulate Jaslene

Jaslene ran off to one of the bedrooms where she crawled on to the bed and started to cry, Abby decided to leave her as she felt that Jaslene would get over it and accept where she now lived.

Mikey on the other hand felt as though he could no longer do anything, getting up from where he was sitting he walked over to the closest police officer and demanded answers.
“At this stage Mr. Way I don’t have anything for you”
“That’s not fucking good enough...I want to know what’s going on” Mikey yelled

Gerard could hear that his brother was getting agitated so rushed over to where he was and put an arm around him to try and calm him down.

“Gee get off me” Mikey snapped