‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 19 I hear your voice

Mikey was getting extremely pissed and shoved his brother so he fell backwards on to a sofa, Gerard understood that his brother was scared and was fully frustrated at the same time as there was nothing he could do.
Mikey felt like he was on the verge of having a breakdown there was so much stress that was building up and he knew he needed to release it but couldn’t.

He was trying his hardest to be strong and look at the positives, Child services had also been notified of the situation that had occurred with Jaslene and what made it worse for Mikey was that if Jaslene was found he was sure that he would loose custody of her as he felt he would be seen as an unfit parent who couldn’t even protect their own child.

Trying to calm him self down he poured a cup of coffee and decided to look at some pictures of Jaslene, hoping this wasnt the last he would ever see of her.

After a week, The police still had no leads and were at a loss, though they had come to a conclusion that this was not a kidnapping that it was now looking like a homicide, So rather then looking for people that were alive they were looking for bodies.

Mikey had been told of the outcome and wouldn’t believe it, he knew that somewhere out there Jaslene was still around and that she would be found. And when finally he had her in arms he would cradle her tight.

Slowly jaslene was starting to understand that she wasnt going home, though everyday she would constantly ask about Mikey, wanting to be able to see her Daddy who she missed terribly.

Abby was becoming more irritable and not really sure of how to handle Jaslene especially as she was a four year old who needed a lot of attention.
Abby came out of her room where she saw that Jaslene was painting and gotten it on the floor, instantly anger flew through Abby, yanking Jaslene by the arm she pulled the little girl up who looked at her scared in the face where Abby started to yell “What are you a stupid child, getting paint all over the floor”

Jaslene automatically started to cry which angered Abby even further, she’d had enough of Jaslene’s whimpers and as her anger took over she slapped Jaslene’s soft skin on the side of the cheek, which made Jaslene burst in to tears.
Abby hadn’t finished, continuing to yell she ordered Jaslene to go to her room, in which Jaslene bolted to where she ran in and cuddled in to a teddy and started to cry. She wanted to go home to her Daddy.

Slowly clues were starting to unravel, the police had decided to do forensics on the bus where an uncertain fabric was found, what was found out about it was that the fibre belonged to a car and if this car was found it would answer questions to Abby and Jaslene’s disappearance.

Crawling out of her room Jaslene crept in to the kitchen where she saw the telephone she knew what it was for and had Mikey’s cell number programmed in to her as Mikey had stayed up one night constantly reminding her if she ever got lost and she felt lost, picking up the receiver she dialled his number she could hear the phone ring but then heard the voice “Daddy” she whispered
“Jaslene is that you, Oh my god baby where are you?” Mikey asked

Abby could hear noise in the kitchen, Walking in she saw Jaslene sitting on the floor talking in to the phone, quickly she bolted over as Jaslene yelped “Daddy help me”
With that Abby hung the phone up and dragged Jaslene across the floor who was kicking and screaming as Abby pushed her in to a bedroom and slammed the door closed and locked the door.

Abby wasnt sure what to do, she had to get out but now she needed to teach Jaslene a lesson as she continued to think if Jaslene was to be her daughter she would need to be better behaved.

Mikey was going out of his mind having heard his baby girls voice his prayers had been answered she was alive but scared, which worried Mikey.

Bolting to where the detectives were seated Mikey started yelling “She’s alive...She’s alive”