‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 2 Did I disappoint you or let you down

Mikey continued to look through the box, so far there was nothing of relevance just some old photo’s of Sienna when she was back in college with friends and some old transcripts of Sienna’s work.

Divulging a little further Mikey found Sienna’s year book from when she went to Belleville high looking through the pages Mikey started to read some of the messages which made him smile.

all the best Sienna

girl you will succeed in what ever you do, Love you heaps Chanty

Sienna I truly cherished your friendship and only wish you the best for the future. I hope all your dreams come true

Mikey continued to flick through the pages to see if he could see Sienna’s photo when she was in high school he was able to locate it, looking at it for a while he ran his fingers over the picture and longed for his wife to be by his side.

Placing the book down Mikey started to rummage through the box again where he came across a red folder, catching his eye he pulled the folder out and opened it up to see what was inside. The first thing that Mikey was noticed was a couple of photo’s that looked like Sienna holding a baby, turning the photo over he checked to see if there was any writing but here was nothing. Mikey was getting confused as he was 100% sure that this was Sienna but he didn’t understand why she was holding a newborn baby.

Going through more of the paper work Mikey noticed a hospital band which had Sienna’s name on it dated back to 2003, Mikey was starting to get worried, looking at more of the paper work Mikey came across release papers for adoption, reading down further he saw that the natural mother was a Sienna Wilton.

Mikey thought this was a load of bullshit, Sienna had been a virgin when they had met she couldn’t have had a child, The only person Mikey could think of turning too was Phillip he had to know. Mikey realized that it was late but didn’t care he needed answers now.

Grabbing the red folder and getting changed Mikey quietly crept out of the house so as not to wake anyone and got in his car and drove off.

Arriving at Phillip’s Mikey bolted to the door and started banging on it, Seeing lights turn on and footsteps coming down the stairs Mikey realized that he had woken Phillip up. The door opened “Michael what’s wrong?” Phillip asked

Mikey didn’t know where to start so he handed the red folder to Phillip who grabbed it and looked at Mikey confused

“Michael what is this?”
“This Phillip is something I found in the box you better take a look I want answers” Mikey demanded

Walking inside Phillip placed the folder on the table where he turned on the kitchen light and placed his glasses on where he opened the folder and noticed the photo’s of Sienna holding a baby
“So what’s going on Phillip...What is it I don’t know?”

Phillip didn’t know where to start he never thought that this secret would come up again “Ahh Michael I don’t know what to say...I never thought you would come across this”
Mikey was getting angry “Phillip what aren’t you telling me about my wife...what is this?” Mikey yelled
“Ok I’ll start from the start... Back in late 2002 Sienna was sexually assaulted by a boy she went to college with, I guess you could say at the time they were a couple but this boy he wanted more”
“Are you trying to tell me Sienna was raped?”
“Yes Michael I am...What happened was Sienna fell pregnant from this?”
“This is bullshit Sienna told me she was a virgin”
“She was Michael...Sienna wanted to tell you before it was too late we had spoken about it...as I was saying Sienna fell pregnant, she just felt she wasn’t ready to have a child though she never wanted to ave an abortion Instead Sienna went through the pregnancy and she gave birth to a healthy baby girl. I supported my daughter best I could and the decision that Sienna had made was that she wanted to put this child up for adoption in which she did....I’m truly sorry you found out his way”

Mikey was shocked at what he was hearing he couldn’t believe that the woman he loved had lied to him it was like he didn’t really know the real Sienna, Phillip could see that Mikey was confused

“Look Michael...Sienna was a virgin and I’m sorry that she didn’t tell you this...After Sienna had the child she decided to have a procedure called Hymenorrhaphy basically it is a reconstruction of the hymen. Sienna felt repulsed that she had been sexually assaulted and her way of coping was to have this procedure, she saw it as a fresh start and to forget about the child she had given up”
“I feel like she as betrayed me I really don’t know what to think” Mikey replied
“Michael know that Sienna always loved you and she was always true with you...don’t tarnish that memory you have of her...This was a mistake that she didn’t tell you, she may have been scared I don’t know but know she loved you and she was always truthful to you and I’m sure if she cold say she was sorry for not telling you she would”
“That’s it Phillip i don’t know that... I love her with all my heart but now I’m finding out she had a child and lied to me about being a virgin to cover up a secret she had”
“Please Michael I understand your upset but don’t let it eat at you..What has happened has happened there is nothing we can change”
“Haven’t you ever been curious...you have a granddaughter out there whos like nearly five years of age”
“There have been time’s but you move on and get on with your life...I know she went to a happy family who were unable to have children and that for me is enough”

Mikey was starting to slowly understand that Sienna had never done this to hurt him he knew she would have told him eventually but it still seemed like a betrayal. Mikey was very curious about this child there was a piece of Sienna out there.
What Mikey didn’t know that his questions were going to be answered quickly enough.