‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 20 Nearly there

Mikey was over whelmed with happiness at being able to hear Jaslene’s voice after what seemed like such a long time since he had last heard or seen her, though he was still deeply concerned for the safety of his daughter and worried out of his mind as he knew she was scared from the tone in her voice

The detectives in charge had taken a new interest, knowing that Jaslene was still alive and that there could still be a possibility that Abby was also alive, they were still unaware that Abby was actually the one that had kidnapped Jaslene as she wanted a daughter of her own and she had thought that Jaslene would be the best thing for it, unknowing what the
child had already gone through with her short life.

Back in Texas, Abby was still fuming she wanted to have Jaslene as her daughter she needed her to forget who Mikey was and not to be a brat, as she continued to think of how to handle the situation, the phone started to ring.

Abby became scared not wanting to answer in case the police had traced the number, she had no idea what to do so rather being freaked out she grabbed her belongings and dragged Jaslene out of the room who was kicking and screaming and ran to the car unsure of where to go.

Jaslene sat in the front seat scared all she wanted was to be with Mikey and away from Abby who she had come to like, she thought of Abby as a big meanie who had hurt her.
Abby drove as fast as she could and decided to head off to Nevada where she her grandmother had lived and left her house to her only grandchild which was Abby.
Abby was getting worried she knew that the police would be after her, as she continued to think what have I done...how will I get out of this, She is my daughter I WILL make her mine

Jaslene looked up at Abby wishing this would all end and that she could go home to scared to speak she continued to stare and the turned her head to look out the window.

The search was on, the phone number Jaslene had called from was traced to a ranch in Texas and police had rung it to see if there was an answer, when not getting anything they had dispatched police from that area to check the property out. At the moment they were waiting to know what was found and if either Abby or Jaslene could be located.
Mikey was still very stressed and was talking to his brother who was trying to calm him down.
“Gee I don’t know what else I can do”
“Bro we have done all we can, The police will find her and now her face along with Abby’s is plastered on the news and in the paper’s the son of a bitch that took of them will be found…you need to be strong for Jaslene” Gerard replied trying to comfort his brother
“Oh I hope so…I miss her and I keep thinking social services are going to take her away from me once she’s found but yet they have been so supportive and from what Francine has told me right now all anyone is worried about is the safe return of Jaslene, as they see this it wasn’t my fault” Mikey said drawing a breath and trying to relax.

A few hours had passed before anyone was told anything about what had happened in Texas, Mikey waited with Gerard and the rest of the guys who hadn’t left his side since the kidnapping had occurred they wanted to be there for there mate and to be able to support him and help him through this terrifying time.

A detective walked over and started to speak “Michael we have searched the property in Texas…it seems that someone has certainly been living there, we have evidence to believe that Jaslene was indeed kidnapped but by Abby Curtis, we now have her as a suspect…The place in Texas is under her name”

Mikey looked at him shell shocked and disgusted the woman he had trusted to look after Jaslene and who he thought was also missing and felt sorry for had taken his daughter.

Gerard piped up “Are you sure Detective?”
“At this stage we are…right now we are concerned for Jaslene’s safety, we know that Abby is on the run but we will find her”

Mikey had nothing left to say, he was feeling sick to the stomach, wishing that his wife was here with him in order to help him through this terrible ordeal. Right now he felt as though he needed her more then ever once again she would know the right words in order to help him, Mikey didn’t want his anxiety to kick in he wanted to stay in control and not to become depressed but the stress was slowly eating at him and he wasn’t sure how to handle it.

Headlines were running rampage with Abby’s photo plastered all over the front pages and the headline news. Abby was now classed as a fugitive and wanted for questioning over the disappearance of Jaslene.

There were headlines quoting:mystery woman steals child, Woman suspected of kidnapping rockstars child

Abby had heard about it and was freaking out, her temper had become erratic and she couldn’t understand how a planned attempt at taking Jaslene had gone so wrong. She knew she had to lay low and somehow get to the Mexican boarder where she would be able to disappear with Jaslene for ever.

In one last attempt Mikey was determined to get his little girl back which for him meant going on national TV and pleading for Jaslene’s safe return.