‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 21 Dont let go

The camera’s shon in Mikey’s face as he readied himself to speak on national TV...to reach out to Abby and pray for the safe return of his daughter. Composing himself he knew he was ready.
With all the reporters watching Mikey got ready to speak, Camera people started to record waiting in anticipation on what Mikey had to say.

“”A week ago my daughter was taken from me...All I’m asking for is her safe return, She doesn’t belong to you..If you have her please find it in your heart to return her to me...her family love her very much and all we want is for her to be returned nothing more nothing less” Mikey said as he wiped a tear from his face

Whispering he concluded that the speech he had delivered was now finished. Mikey turned away and walked back in the bus where he had spent most of his time hoping everyday that Jaslene would make her way back there.

Aby had turned around from going to Nevada and was instead heading over to California and then down to the Mexico boarder, as she drove Jaslene slept and when she was awake she was very scared of Abby just wanting to get away from her but not saying a word, when they had a rest stop jaslene would eat very little she was wanting to know when her horrible holiday was going to end and she could see her Daddy.

All Mikey could do was wait he didnt know where Jaslene was and that hurt even though he was overwhelmed that he had heard her voice he was worried not knowing if she had been hurt or treated badly.

The police had uncovered a terrible secret about Abby, the one she wanted to keep locked away forever as they explained it to Mikey he couldn’t believe that Abby 5 years ago had lost her own child a girl called Mary-Belle who was four she had drowned in the bathtub and after her death, Abby had gone mental and was admitted in to a psychiatric hospital where she stay for 2 years but was released once she had found her feet and the doctors were assured that she had come to terms with her daughters death.

Only now as the police were piecing the puzzle together, Abby hadn’t gotten over her dark secret she was wanting Mary-Belle to return and as what she wanted more then anything was for Jaslene to become her dead daughter Mary-Belle.

Mikey was shocked and horrified at what he had heard he started to understand why Abby had taken Jaslene, not that he accepted it he just started to have a better understanding.

The police had been tipped off that Abby was in California and that there was a little girl with blonde hair with her, no one could confirm that it was Jaslene but much speculation was made and police from California were dispatched, Abby could feel it her in her bones that her time was up so rather then leave she waited for the police to arrive, she had a little surprise for them in which she wanted them to see.

Police had arrived at the diner where Abby had been sitting with jaslene eating food, what the police didnt know was that out of the 5 people that were in the diner including Jaslene and herself. Abby had shot 2 of them when they had tried to get close to her and Jaslene the only person that was left was a waitress who was huddling behind the counter to scared to move in case she was the next victim, Jaslene had hidden under the table and could see 2 dead bodies staring at her with blood on the floor, she was scared more then anything and would not stop crying.

Abby was losing her mind, the only thing she had in her mind was not to loose her daughter Mary-Belle again, she was not seeing the real world she was delusional and unable to determine fact from fiction, the police didnt know what move to make communicating with Abby was getting them no where.

Mikey was unable to stay still in further he needed to get to California as soon as possible he needed to confront Abby and hope she saw reason before she killed anyone else.