‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 22 Going Nuts

Mikey had arrived in California with his brother along with Phillip, his parents and Francine who were all worried for the safety of Jaslene.

All were escorted to a nearby hotel to where Abby was holding hostages and had already murdered people in cold blood.

Mikey wanted to be down at the crime scene, he couldn’t stay in the hotel room any longer, staring at the four walls were driving him nuts.

Leaving Phillip followed Mikey as he went to locate one of the detectives who was looking after his daughter’s disappearance, finally finding him after searching the full hotel, Mikey spoke “I want to go to where Jaslene is”
“Mr Way I don’t think that is a good idea”
“I don’t care I need to be there” Mikey demanded

The detective finally caved and allowed Mikey to come with him but would allow no one else. Arriving at the scene, Mikey couldn’t believe his eyes at what he was seeing there were police everywhere, everything had been closed off, Mikey was ushered in to a near building where there was a hostage negotiator along with other police. Sitting down Mikey just watched what everyone was doing.

Back in the diner, Abby was losing her mind…She knew it had to end but didn’t know how looking at Jaslene she saw the little girl who was in a ball crying but not saying any words, the waitress behind the counter had also quiet downed but was scared out of her mind and fearing for her life that she could soon join the others and be dead.

Abby sat on the floor with the gun in her hand pointing it around the room,, crawling over to Jaslene she wiped away the tears with her blood stained fingers which now went on Jaslene’s face “Abby I want to go home” Jaslene said crying
Abby said nothing but stared “Abby please can I go home” Jaslene mumbled once again.

Abby slapped Jaslene across the face and yelled “Shut the FUCK up”

Jaslene screamed and cowered closer towards the chairs under the table, the waitress hated hearing Jaslene scream and cry so getting up she crept behind and leapt on Abby who was still on the floor and wrestled her for the gun.

On the outside the police could hear women screaming and then silence, and then they heard the loud gunshot. Not sure of what was happening they stayed put to see if they could see anymore movement. Mikey was aware of the situation as he was always updated and he was praying it wasn’t Jaslene.

Back outside the Diner door opened with a woman wearing a green waitress dress blood covered over her clothes holding a little girl wearing jeans and a pink jumper, Quickly police ran over to grab the woman and the child, The waitress started to yell “Please don’t hurt me…She’s in there”

Jaslene was taken by another police officer and bought back past the safety barrier, crying all she kept mumbling was “I want my Daddy”

Mikey had been told of the good news that Jaslene was safe and was being bought to where they were so she could see Mikey and he could see his child, After waiting a short time a police officer came in holding Jaslene, seeing her Mikey ran to where they were and grabbed Jaslene in to his arms and held her tight not wanting to let go of her.

Jaslene looked up and whispered “Daddy”
“It’s ok Baby I’m here” Mikey replied

After sometime it was revealed that the Waitress who’s name was Delilah and who worked in the diner. After hearing that Jaslene had been hit, she’d had enough she attacked Abby where they fought for the gun and the shot that had gone off was Delilah shooting Abby in self defence as she had gotten the gun away but Abby had a knife in her hand and had lunged at her. Delilah had also advised that Abby had killed another waitress and the boss of the diner as they didn’t comply with what she had been saying.

It was also revealed that Abby was dead, the bullet had pierced her chest and she had died instantly.

Mikey was over excited that he now had Jaslene safe in his arms who had fallen asleep from exhaustion. Getting back tot the hotel everyone was aware that Mikey would be bringing Jaslene back with him and they were thoroughly excited to see the little girl that had captured there hearts.

Walking in to the hotel room, Mikey placed his finger up to his mouth and told them to be quiet as Jaslene was still asleep, placing her on the bed in one of the rooms he tucked her in and kissed her softly on the forehead and whispered “I love you”
Closing the door behind him everyone started to talk at once Mikey couldn’t understand any of them “Guys one at a time” he replied with a smile

Donna started first Is she ok, is there anything wrong?”
“No ma she’s fine, just a little stressed she’s not injured , just tired…They are going to bring a psychologist around tomorrow to talk to her”
“I’m just so glad she’s back and ok” Don said hugging his son.

Phillip was happy that Jaslene had been returned safely but still felt that he really didn’t have a bond with the child and wasn’t sure if there was anything else he could provide for the child and for Mikey he wasn’t what support he would be able to give.