‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 24 The Judge

Arriving at the court Mikey held Jaslene’s hand as she prodded along, getting up early that morning Mikey had, had difficult with Jaslene, she didnt want to wear what Mikey had chosen which was a purple dress with Mary Jane shoes, she wanted to go as a fairy and as Mikey had let her get dressed by herself she had indeed put her fairy costume on and walked out to the breakfast table where Gerard stared at her and giggled.

Once Mikey had seen her, he hadn’t seen the funny side as he was stressed for the upcoming custody trial, both of them got in to a yelling match “Jazzy go and get changed”
“No I don’t want to” she had said as she stamped her foot
“Jaslene I don’t have time we have to go shortly”
“NO...I WANT TO BE A FAIRY” Jaslene had yelled

Mikey now was getting frustrated he wanted her to listen to him but she was being stubborn and he could see that she had definitely gotten that from her mother “Jaslene, Please Daddy needs you to get changed”
“I don’t want to...I WANT TO BE A FAIRY”

Mikey wasnt sure what to do so looked toward Gerard for guidance but he was to busy laughing at how a four year old was domineering his little brother.

After some time Mikey was eventually able to convince Jaslene to get changed, in which she got changed and Mikey done her hair in a ponytail.

Back at the court Mikey had support from his brother and parents an\long with Francine from child services, she was wanting Mikey to get full custody, one person that wasnt there that Mikey had wanted there was Phillip but as Phillip had explained to Mikey that at this stage it was just to much, he wasnt ready for this and needed some more time, which Mikey fully understood.

Once in the court Mikey sat with Francine and the lawyer who spoke to the judge in wanting Mikey to receive full custody of Jaslene, testimonies were heard from Francine how Mikey was certainly a fit parent always having Jaslene’s best interests at heart and though he was musician he always found time for her no matter what, when it came to schooling for Jaslene, The lawyer had advised that there were adequate schooling in Jersey that Jaslene could attend when it was deemed fit.

After hearing all the information the judge decided to deliberate over all the information he had received and would be back soon with his ruling, Leaving the court room, Mikey was more nervous then ever his anxiety had kicked in and he was scared he was failing Sienna and that he would loose Jaslene never to see her again though his Lawyer and Francine tried to be as positive as they could possibly be. Jaslene on the other hand had no idea what was going on, her only understanding was the man in the black dress was going to decided if she could live with Mikey forever, To Jaslene she wanted to live with Mikey as to her he was her new Daddy and she loved him very much.

After what seemed like forever Mikey was advised to get back to the court room as the judge had made his decision, sitting down once again besides his lawyer the judge spoke “After deliberating over all the information I have received I can see here Michael that you have taken on such a huge responsibility to a child that is not your and for that I commend you, HOWEVER...What Jaslene needs is stability and with your lifestyle do you think you can provide this for her?”

Mikey stood up “Yes your honour I believe I can...I have a home for her and a family that loves her very much I will always be there for her no matter what, Jaslene will always be my first and foremost priority nothing will ever change that”

“Well said there son, I have one more question but this is for Jaslene”

Donna walked up to the barrier and opened the gate for Jaslene to walk through where she was guided to sit beside the judge who smiled at her, Jaslene looked up at him and giggled “And how are you today Jaslene?” the judge asked
“Good” Jaslene said whispering
“Now Jaslene I have a question for you and I want you to think very hard before you answer can you do that for me?”
Jaslene nodded.
“Well Jaslene what I would like to know is if you would like to live with Michael?”
Jaslene looked up and spoke “His name is Mikey not Michael” she replied being serious for the four year old that she was

The judge couldn’t help but laugh “Well then my dear would you like to live with Mikey?”
Jaslene nodded and then spoke “I want to live with my new Daddy I love him very much”
“Thank you Jaslene, would you like to go and sit with Donna now”

Jaslene got out of her seat and ran back to Donna.

“Well enough has certainly been said, Michael Way I am awarding you full custody of Jaslene Madden, I will allow you to adopt her and for her to be in your care permanently...What I do ask is that you undertake a parental course so as though you learn how to become a parent”

Mikey was now the won that was nodding but at the same time unable to keep the smile off of his face “Thank you so much”
“Your welcome son”

Mikey turned around to Jaslene who was sitting with his mother who was crying from hearing such good news “ma don’t cry”
“Oh mIkey I’m so happy, she’s my granddaughter”
“That means I’m an uncle WOW “Gerard exclaimed

Mikey scooped jaslene in his arms and spoke “Jazzy do you know what this means?”
She nodded and spoke “That you’re my daddy forever”
“That’s right kiddo”

Hugging her he smothered her in kisses, one thing Mikey was truly looking forward was telling the rest of the guys and Phillip, he wanted Phillip to share in his happy news regardless of how he was feeling.

A new chapter was to be entered in to Mikey’s life and he was looking forward to it but at the same time knew to take it one day at a time. And he wanted to work out why Phillip was scared of getting to know who Jaslene really was.