‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 25 Where to now

After the courts decision was final and the relevant paper work was signed. Mikey rang the guys and told them of the joyous news. Everyone was ecstatic for Mikey and glad that Jaslene now was officially apart of there family.

Getting home Donna pulled out a bottle of bubbly and poured everyone a glass besides Jaslene and Gerard who both had orange juice.

Jaslene looked around wondering why everyone was so happy looking at Donna she asked “Donna do I get to call you Grandma now?”
Donna laughed and replied “Oh that makes me sound old, how bout Nonna”

Jaslene looked at Donna with a confused look, Donna went on to explain how she had called her grandmother Nonna and what it meant was ‘Grandma’ but in Italian, as Jaslene tried to pronounce it, it came out as No-nar.

Donna smiled at Jaslene’s attempt and watched as the little girl ran in to her room where a few short moments’ later Jaslene was back in her fairy costume including her fairy wings jumping around the house as she had found her wiggles CD and also knew how to use the CD player that was in the lounge.

Automatically Gerard cursed and placed his hands over his ears, Mikey looked towards his brother and laughed.

The rest of the evening Mikey was getting use to the idea of now going to have Jaslene around permanently which he was excited about and hoped in Jaslene’s eyes he could be the best father she’d ever had but at the same time he didn’t want her to forget her original adoptive parents and hoped one day he would be able to tell her about her biological mother and Mikey’s now deceased wife Sienna.

The following day Mikey got his mother to look after Jaslene while he went and visited the cemetery, kneeling besides her headstone, Mikey had a tear fall from his eye, Putting fresh flower’s in the vase that was provided Mikey spoke “Sienna…I got her, I so wish you were here where we could experience this together, I miss you more and more each day…and I’d give anything to have you…Some time ‘s I think your watching over me and its like I can hear you knowing that your encouraging me but what makes it harder is that your not here…I want to be selfish and just have you back…I love you so much and I always will”

After Mikey had spoken a little more he finally left the cemetery and drove over to Phillip’s to tell him the good news and to determine what was wrong with him as he had seemed so out of it and down ever since Mikey had advised he was going for full custody over a child that wasn’t his.

Getting to Phillips house, Mikey could see that his car was there but all the curtains were closed, knocking on the door Mikey could hear rumbling within side the house and slowly the front door opened.

Mikey was astonished by what he saw, Phillip looking like crap, it looked as though he hadn’t shave in a few days and it was like he was wearing clothing in which he hadn’t changed for days.

“Michael what do you want?”
“Phillip are you ok?”
“I’m fine…Now go away”
Mikey opened the door as Phillip stumbled backwards “Are you drunk?” Mikey asked
“No Michael…I’m not” Phillip slurred

Mikey walked inside and grabbed Phillip by the waist and placed him down on the sofa, Phillip slumped there staring at the wall unfazed by Mikey had just done, Mikey walked in to the kitchen where he saw that there was a bottle of alcohol on the bench and that dishes had not been done for a long time. Mikey walked back in to the lounge with a glass of water and handed it to Phillip.

“Drink this” Mikey ordered
Phillip grabbed the glass and done as he was told. “Phillip what’s going on?” Mikey asked
“Why do you ask?”
“Because you look like shit and that’s not you”
Out of the blue Phillip started to sob, Mikey could see that the alcohol was taking affect in his system and turning this strong man to such a weak one
“I miss her so much”
Mikey realised what Phillip was on about “So do I Phillip, but she wouldn’t want you to be like this, she would want you to be happy”
“I’m lost Michael…I have nothing…Your children are not meant to die before you…but she did and there was nothing I could do about it”
“There was nothing any of us could do”
“And now when I see that child she automatically reminds me of Sienna and she looks like her so much it’s just so painful”
“Phillip….It’s ok to be scared Jaslene is a beautiful girl and I feel so privileged to have her in my life and also knowing that she has part of Sienna in her makes it even better”
Phillip looked up and nodded. He didn’t know what else to do let alone say.

Mikey could understand Phillips pain as he himself felt it everyday since the loss of Sienna but he was now hoping that with jaslene around that would help Phillip heal, as Mikey thought as one light went out another has turned on.

It meaning though Sienna had left Jaslene had arrived. And there was light at the end of the tunnel in which Mikey was sure he would be able to help Phillip and get him to know his granddaughter but how was a different plan which Mikey truly hadn’t worked out yet.