‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 6 Back in the day

Mikey wasn’t sure what to do, he had arrived home where his parents were sitting down watching a movie, Mikey wanted to tell them but he thought the best person to be able to get advice from would be his brother who had always been there for him through thick and thin.

Walking inside Mikey smiled at his parents and walked to his room where he knew there would be some privacy so that he could talk to his brother, Mikey dialled the number and waited for an answer

“Hey Mikes… hows it going?”
“I’m good Gee..,hows the tour?”
“It’s awesome… we are looking forward to having you back”
“Well I have some weird news…you remember how I told you about Sienna and how she had a child?”
“Ahh…No”
“Oh…well um Sienna along time ago had a child which I’m ok with so don’t worry anyway it was placed up for adoption but a child services lady came here yesterday…She told Phillip and I that the girls parents had died and that they wanted to know if Sienna wanted custody of her child as the kid has no family besides Phillip and no me as I was married to Sienna”
“Mikes you have so lost me after Sienna with child and adoption”
“Sorry Gee…Sienna had a kid”
“Yeh I got that but how?”
“Um she was attacked when she was younger”
“Oh!”
“So a woman from child services came to Phillip’s yesterday looking for Sienna saying that Sienna’s biological child was in near of care as her parents had been murdered”
“Fuck are you for real?”
“Yeh man I am…but I need some help…I’m thinking about looking after Sienna’s kid and I don’t know if I should or shouldn’t…I feel like I need to for Sienna and I know she would want me too…but then I think this is such a huge responsibility that I don’t know”
“Mikes this is pretty deep are you sure you can do this?”
“That I don’t know…I guess I needed some advice”
“Ahh so that’s why you call your big bro” Gerard said laughing

Mikey and Gerard talked for what seemed like a long time, Gerard did give his opinion and basically told Mikey that he needed to follow his heart and if helping this child was it then he would support his brother best to his ability.

Mikey was happy that he was able to talk to his brother, one thing Mikey didn’t want to hinder was his chance at going back on tour and that was what he wanted to talk to this Francine woman about he knew that going back on tour was certainly something he had to do.

Mikey wasn’t worried about what his parents would say as he knew they would be supportive of the decision that he made if anything he was worried that they may think he was taking to much on, Walking back in the lounge Mikey noticed that his father had fallen asleep in the armchair but yet his mother was still awake, Sitting beside her she looked over at him and smile

“Ma” Mikey Whispered
“Mikey why are you whispering for?”Donna asked
Mikey pointed over at his father who was softly snoring, Donna chuckled
“Ma if I ask you something do you promise not to judge me?”
“Of course darling”
“OK...you know how I was telling you that Sienna had a child?”
Donna nodded in agreement, “Well I found out today that her adoptive parents are dead...they were murdered, anyway I have been given the chance to look after this child if I decide to as she has no family and Phillip and I are it”
Donna looked at her soon listening to what he had to say “Well darling what do you want to do?” she asked
“I think I want to...I guess I just wanted to see what you and Dad would say” Mikey replied
“Mikey you should know what your father and I would say we want you to be happy and in what ever decision you make we will support you whatever the consequences may be”

Mikey looked at his Mother and gave her a big hug and kiss, he had decided the answer was going to be yes, he was going to do it for himself and Sienna as he knew she would have wanted this and Mikey felt that if he could help this child then that’s what could be best for her as he would be able to tell her about her biological mother and Phillip would finally be able to meet his granddaughter that had been out there.

Mikey decided the best thing to do right now was get a good night sleep and wake up feeling refreshed so that when he called Francine there would be no reservations, he would be able to find out if he was eligible for temporary custody or even full but at the moment Mikey wasnt going to think about that he just wanted first to see what his options would be and if having the child in his care would still allow him to go tour with the rest of the guys.