‹ Prequel: It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end

Chapter 7 It's not so easy

Awaking the next morning Mikey awoke early and feeling refreshed from a good night sleep, checking the clock it was only 7am, he wasnt sure what time he could ring the child services woman he didnt want to ring to early but at the same time he was eager to find out what he could do.

Getting up he looked at the picture he had of Sienna beside his bed and whispered “I’m going to do this”

Walking in to the kitchen he made him self some breakfast and ate it slowly to try and waist some time, after eating he checked the time and saw that it had only clicked past 7:30am, not sure what to do he went and had a quick shower to waste more time.

Fully dressed and clean Mikey thought Fuck it and dialled the number Francine had given him, Waiting for an answer A woman picked up “ Francine Bilby Speaking”
“Ahh Hi Francine...Um this is Mikey Way...We spoke yesterday um...in regards to Sienna Wilton”
“Hello Mikey...I thought I’d expect a call from you how can I help you?”
“Well I’ve thought long and hard about this and I would if possible like to get custody of Jaslene Madden...I’m not sure what I need to do”
“Mikey that’s wonderful..Well we will need to meet so we can go over paper work but it is pretty straight forward as there has been no contest for the custody of Jaslene”
“Um...I have one question will it affect anything as I’ll be touring for a couple of months on the road?”
“To be honest I don’t think it will, if anything I think it will be good for Jaslene as it will get her out of her comfort zone and it means that she will be able to experience new things.

Francine and Mikey continued to talk some more, Francine arrived shortly after with paper work that needed to be signed it was for temporary custody of Jaslene.

Donna was there and was able to hear everything that had been said she was getting rather excited and had already piped up more then once that Jaslene would be able to have the spare room, Donna wanted to put it across that Jaslene would be welcomed and well looked after.

After going through all the paper work and signing all the documents that needed to be filled in, Mikey was told that he would need to be in Seattle in two days for the exchange to happen and where he would have Jaslene in his custody. Mikey was excited but at the same time knew that it was going to be a lot of work but that he would have a lot of support in looking after Jaslene.

After everything had finished with Jaslene and Mikey was given the paper work he was required to have, the first thing Mikey wanted to do was go and visit his wife and let her know the good news, Mikey understood that his wife couldn’t reply to him but he sure she was listening.

Walking to Sienna’s grave Mikey had a smile on his face, looking at her picture that was on her headstone he smiled and spoke “Well baby I’ve done it...I found your little girl and from what I’ve seen of her she looks so much like you. I know you would be proud of me...I have temporary custody”

Mikey spoke some more and on the way back to his car he dialled his brother who didnt answer so Mikey left a voice message “Hey bro its Mikes DUH!! Anyway I wanted to let you know I made my decision and I’ve decided that I’m going to look after Sienna’s child I feel its right..thing is she will be coming on tour with us..I’m going to Seattle in a couple of days to meet her and bring her back to Jersey, call me when you get this”

Mikey hung up and decided to go over to Phillip’s and let him know what was happening, arriving there Mikey couldn’t see his car there so drove off back to his house where he saw his mother in the spare room “Ma what are you doing?”
Walking in Mikey saw that there was a lot of little girl stuff that Donna was trying to make in to a room “I’m sorry Mikey I couldn’t help my self while you were out I went to the local wal-mart and just kind of went shopping” Donna gushed with a big smile

Mikey couldn’t help be proud of his mother she had been such a pillar of strength for him and with out her he just didnt know where he would be right now through the difficult time he’d had
“Ma it’s perfect” Mikey said with a smile

The days had passed quickly Mikey was now in Seattle sitting in the Child Services offices looking forward to finally meeting Sienna’s child Jaslene, he was glad that everything had been set up back in jersey so that at least for the next week while he was there Jaslene would be able to settle in before Mikey took her on the road, Mikey had kept in contact with Francine who was going to monitor Mikey and she had advised that it was definitely ok for Mikey to take Jaslene on tour as and there would be no problems with that.

Mikey continued to sit patiently in the office while he waited when he saw the door open and Francine walk in with a shy little girl. Mikey realised that time had finally arrived it was really here.