Status: Done.

I'll Think Of You Tonight

I've Never Felt So At Home

The past days have been breezy and sunny. We were passing many states with open land and it was beautiful, but not as beautiful as John. We had stopped by the side of the road since we were ahead of schedule and needed a car break. This time was usually spent walking through the grass or just laying around.

I stood in the tall strands of grass, holding my small eight once water bottle that really only consisted of ice. Garrett and Pat were picking play fights with Jared, while Tim and the rest of the guys were discussing crap over by the van. I was alone; enjoy the sight and fresh breeze that was hitting against my cheeks. I happened to notice John far off into the field, sitting on a brown, wooden fence, those fences that were always on farm and stuff like that.

Deciding to take advantage of this opportunity of being alone with John, I walked over quickly, almost sprinting towards him. My motions came to a stop as soon as I hit the fence, leaning over it gently. I was contemplating on what to say. I really didn’t have to think at all.

"Kennedy, be my shade."

I was thrown off since it was randomly blurted out. "Um, how do I do that?" I laughed, even though I was slightly confused.

"I don't know. Stand behind me." He smirked the second that last word was said. I thought for a small while, and knew what I could do. Of course I was never going to be taller than John and that fence, so I hopped on the first beam and grabbed John's shoulders, letting the sun hit my back.

I heard a muffled laugh from the one below me, as he got a grip on both my arms, pulling them down until my chest touched the back of his head. He hummed a bit, which shows he was enjoying it, and hell, I enjoyed it to. My arms folded loosely around his neck, as I continued to press against me.

Right there and then, I felt like I could pour my whole heart out, telling him what I wanted to say. "Um, hey John, can I tell you something."

His focus on the hill in front of us was broken as he raised his head up to look at me. I could feel those eyes on me, but I found it in me to look straight into them. I started to panic inside, rethinking my confession. "My legs hurt."

John smiled sweetly as he replied. "Well, sit down, silly!"

And I did just that. I carefully moved my body over the beam, sitting once I felt the right place, which was facing the opposite way John was. I looked over at everyone else, who were still up to the same things.

My eyes shot down, staring at my hands waiting for John to say something else, and of course he did. "Do you think guys kiss differently than girls?"

There he went again, saying something completely not related to out situation, something that made me slightly nervous. "I wouldn't know. Maybe you should find some guy and see."

"Well, are you up to it?"

I'm not sure if I heard right, but my eyes widen at what I thought I heard. "Um..." I didn’t what to say, maybe he was joking, which would most likely be the case, or maybe he wasn't joking, I could miss that moment.

He was leaning his face closer to me as he scooted closer to me, his finger tips lightly grazing over my thigh. "C'mon Kenny. It would be really quick." He whispered, his eyes locked on mine. I breathed in deeply, just staring back him, my eyes still slightly widened. One 'HA' came from his lips as he jumped onto his feet, taking a few steps away. He turned around, looking at me and walking backwards, "Sucker!" Then he continued to walk away.

My body was in shock, complete shock. My mind was scrambled up. But at that moment, my heart was stolen.
♠ ♠ ♠
28 readers, 6 subscribers. :] NICE.

leave some comments. <3